Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411708 Posts in 69402 Topics- by 58457 Members - Latest Member: FezzikTheGiant

May 20, 2024, 03:18:01 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingIt's Nothing Personal (Single & Local Multiplayer)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: It's Nothing Personal (Single & Local Multiplayer)  (Read 571 times)
LevelUpJordan
Level 0

View Profile
« on: August 04, 2013, 08:39:52 AM »

Full disclosure: this is a direct copy and paste from Devlogs but as I'm looking for feedback I thought it was appropriate to put it here. Hope that's okay  Grin

So I'm working on my first game "It's Nothing Personal" a 1 on 1 platformer similar to Divekick in premise (and even closer to Super Mario War as recently brought to my attention).  Designed to be played in local multiplayer but with a singleplayer option available though as it's my first game the AI is a bit rough.

You can switch between single player an two player with the A and D keys in the menu.

Some Gameplay Footage:

Screenshots:

Links:
PC; https://www.dropbox.com/s/xzogupckh2da4bp/INP_PC_v0.15.zip
Mac; https://www.dropbox.com/s/0lva22skedvvhc9/INP_Mac_v0.15.zip
Linux; https://www.dropbox.com/s/mreglis41593kg3/INP_Linux_v0.15.zip

Feedback greatly appreciated Smiley

« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 09:40:26 AM by LevelUpJordan » Logged
lugdunon
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 05:55:10 PM »

Here's a few things I found (on a late 2010 macbook pro w/ 8gb ram):

• In Perks Mode, the AI Player seemed to get stuck 2/3 of the way through selecting their perks. Looks like they would stand in one spot flipping direction quickly for about 10 seconds before finally picking the last perk.
  • Twice after a match concluded, the option to continue or go to the main menu flashed briefly and then went to the perk selection for the next round. I think this is due to the fact that the player respawned (on those occasions) immediately above the rematch button. Perhaps make it to where after a match the player's x location is translated screenwidth/2.
  • It may just be that I suck at these kind of games, but I found the controls slightly off; almost as if the physics when airbound weren't quite what I expected. I eventually adjusted and was able to win a few rounds, but that was only after losing a lot.

Overall I thought it was fun and def has potential. Thanks for sharing!
LevelUpJordan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 10:37:47 PM »

Here's a few things I found (on a late 2010 macbook pro w/ 8gb ram):

• In Perks Mode, the AI Player seemed to get stuck 2/3 of the way through selecting their perks. Looks like they would stand in one spot flipping direction quickly for about 10 seconds before finally picking the last perk.
  • Twice after a match concluded, the option to continue or go to the main menu flashed briefly and then went to the perk selection for the next round. I think this is due to the fact that the player respawned (on those occasions) immediately above the rematch button. Perhaps make it to where after a match the player's x location is translated screenwidth/2.
  • It may just be that I suck at these kind of games, but I found the controls slightly off; almost as if the physics when airbound weren't quite what I expected. I eventually adjusted and was able to win a few rounds, but that was only after losing a lot.

Overall I thought it was fun and def has potential. Thanks for sharing!

Hmm, thanks for taking the time to play and giving me the info. I'll look into it Smiley
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic