Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411599 Posts in 69387 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: gravitygat

May 08, 2024, 09:47:18 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)Archived ProjectsIndie BrawlIndie Brawl: Xoda Rap
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22
Print
Author Topic: Indie Brawl: Xoda Rap  (Read 104302 times)
Rory
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 17, 2008, 03:35:35 AM »

Also, I've changed it to two punches then a forward-moving uppercut. It seemed more natural.

@godsavant: sweet looking animation there, but Annabelle's right, it is a bit confusing.
KennEH!
Level 10

"What, me worry!?!"

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 17, 2008, 11:21:43 AM »

Isn't she usually floating when she punches?

Madness takes its toll please have exact change.
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 17, 2008, 04:19:11 PM »

Yeah, actually. If you could bring her legs up a bit, that would look better both on the ground and in the air, I think.

godsavant
« Reply #83 on: October 17, 2008, 04:44:04 PM »

I'm not quite getting your drift; do you mean Xoda should levitate off the ground while she's punching? Or simply stand up straighter? Get really in-depth.

Also, what would you recommend to replace the flashing fists?
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 17, 2008, 05:03:54 PM »

Godsavant, have you played Noitu Love 2? If not, I really recommend you do - the free demo will be quite sufficient. This goes for everyone animating any character's moves. In NL2, you'll find that Xoda's punches create large, curving yellow - er - curves, and that's reflected in Rory's attack mask. It's hard to describe, which is why you should play it and see. Also, when she attacks enemies, her legs lift off the ground slightly for the duration of the combo.

I know we don't want to just rehash all the animations exactly, but her three-hit combo is quite a unique looking and interesting attack - it would certainly distinguish her from other characters' A neutrals a bit more.

godsavant
« Reply #85 on: October 17, 2008, 05:11:34 PM »

I played through it while making the charge animation, but I suppose I need to take another look. Huh?
KennEH!
Level 10

"What, me worry!?!"

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 17, 2008, 06:27:12 PM »

Could we ask Konajk for some critiquing? Might help.

Madness takes its toll please have exact change.
godsavant
« Reply #87 on: February 08, 2009, 02:25:06 PM »

Recolored Xoda w/ palette closer to original:

I'm planning on reworking Xoda after we've wrapped up everything for the next build.

Fuzz
« Reply #88 on: February 08, 2009, 02:26:34 PM »

I'm planning on reworking Xoda after we've wrapped up everything for the next build.

It looks good, but her legs are twisted weirdly. Her leg position doesn't look physically possible.
godsavant
« Reply #89 on: February 08, 2009, 02:30:30 PM »

It looks good, but her legs are twisted weirdly. Her leg position doesn't look physically possible.

Like I said, I'm planning on reworking it, but in that pic, I didn't change any...oh, wait, you weren't here then. Panda
Fuzz
« Reply #90 on: February 08, 2009, 02:32:44 PM »

Like I said, I'm planning on reworking it, but in that pic, I didn't change any...oh, wait, you weren't here then. Panda
Sorry. I should have looked at the first post again. But still, it does look rather strange.
godsavant
« Reply #91 on: February 08, 2009, 04:58:32 PM »

Well, yeah, there's that, and the fact that her face is bigger than that of most other humanoid characters... WTF
medieval
« Reply #92 on: February 09, 2009, 05:39:10 AM »

I still think the hat is coloured in rather weirdly
Rostiger
Pixelhead
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: February 09, 2009, 06:06:01 AM »

I quite like the coloring actually... I'd say it would be best to see what it looks like in-game and how it fits to the other characters and then make adjustments based on that..

Clemens Scott
Co-Founder & Artist of Broken Rules
medieval
« Reply #94 on: February 09, 2009, 09:24:38 AM »

It just looks a little squarey on the right side.
Rostiger
Pixelhead
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: February 09, 2009, 09:31:01 AM »

Ah, so you're talking about the shading, not the colors..  Tongue

Clemens Scott
Co-Founder & Artist of Broken Rules
Rory
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 09, 2009, 02:14:13 PM »

Yeah the right side of her hat/helmet does look kinda straight. But you'd only need a couple of pixels to fix it. I'd do it myself but I'm at school and dangerously close to my bandwidth limit Lips Sealed Shrug
Shawny
Level 5

<3

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 10, 2009, 03:07:31 PM »

Don't wanna be like a jerky intruder who just comes in and edits stuff but, my biggest problem with the current Xoda sprite(s?) is the dirtiness of the shading. I don't really know how to explain it but the colours seem too randomly placed into a sloppy shading style and the colours don't really fit Xoda to me. I hope no one minds but I edited it to express what I'm trying to say.

I made the shading much simpler and desaturated the palette. I hope the edit can be of some help. :x

godsavant
« Reply #98 on: February 10, 2009, 03:08:59 PM »

Don't wanna be like a jerky intruder who just comes in and edits stuff but, my biggest problem with the current Xoda sprite(s?) is the dirtiness of the shading. I don't really know how to explain it but the colours seem too randomly placed into a sloppy shading style and the colours don't really fit Xoda to me. I hope no one minds but I edited it to express what I'm trying to say.

I made the shading much simpler and desaturated the palette. I hope the edit can be of some help. :x

Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss!!!

You have just earned a notch of my respect.

But she needs more bosom, if you get my drift.
Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 10, 2009, 03:19:35 PM »

Not enough bounce.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic