Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411560 Posts in 69384 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: junkmail

May 03, 2024, 03:03:09 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsStonehalls: The Tale of Ragnarr
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Stonehalls: The Tale of Ragnarr  (Read 2275 times)
joaorequiao
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: November 05, 2013, 12:41:27 PM »

Dead Project... sadly.

Hey there guys!

I am very happy to be here starting a Devlog for my new project "Stonehalls: The Tale of Ragnarr"! We’ve been working out the ideas and basic concepts of the game for a few months here at Overlord Game Studio, and now and we are finally ready to start sharing everything with you guys!

How is it gonna work?

Well, it’s really simple. Every thursday, we’ll be making a new post to share something about the game. The content of the posts will vary and it sometimes can be about the game’s design, art, programming, lore (lots of it!!) or even about our routine making it happen!

Ok, cool! But what is this game about!?

Stonehalls: The Tale of Ragnarr is a 2D, action platformer game based on the old viking and celtic tales. What does that mean!? It means we have created a whole world inspired by the viking and celtic tales! No, the world is not medieval scandinavia… but there are several cultural, mythological and linguistical elements in the game that can be directly traced to the viking tales, culture and language! It’s not as serious as it may sound… We HAVE tried to add some cool real background to our creation process, but the final result is a world filled with strange creatures, magical elements and lots of fantasy! I don’t wanna spoil all the other posts revealing it all now!

This is an initial concept of Ragnarr, our main character

Great! And… Who are you!?

That’s a good question! We are Overlord Game Studio! We are four nice guys working to put an amazing game together! Here it goes:

João Requião : Programmer, game designer and Historian. The guy who annoys everyone else to make this happen! You’ll be hearing (reading in this case) a lot of what goes into this big headed, longbearded, beer drinking … mind…person….something.

André Kent: He came to this planet when his home planet exploded… wait… wrong Kent… This one is an amazing 2D artist and game designer who is responsible for all the art in the game! You will be seeing a lot of his work!

Yan Magalhães: Overlord’s ladies man! He seduces every girl in a 10Km radius… and he also designs kick-ass levels, traps and stuff that will make you wanna kill him!

Vitor Budoia: The team’s Mozart. He can make you angry, sad and happy (but mostly angry… lol).. All at the same time!

I hope you enjoy all of this as much as we will!

I will be updating the devlog here and on our Tumblr! Every update will be announced on our Twitter and on our Facebook page! Check it out if you want!(it would also be a great way to show your support!! :D)

[UPDATE]

Warrior of The Mountain (concept)
Lore: The World as it Was

[UPDATE]
PROGRAMMING THE ENGINE

Map Creator(Screenshot)

Map Editor (Screenshot)

[UPDATE]
The World As It Is Now

Overlord Game Studio's new Logo.

[UPDATE]

The Power Stones!

The Power Stones.

The Power Stone Shard.

[UPDATE]

Main Character: Ragnarr, The Brave!

Ragnarr, The Brave

« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 06:58:34 PM by joaorequiao » Logged

TIG - Devlog<br />Twitter<br />Facebook<br />
DanDecarlo
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 01:33:15 PM »

Sounds good. On what platforms will it be released and with what language/tools? What will be the story/main hero?

joaorequiao
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 02:14:33 PM »

Sounds good. On what platforms will it be released and with what language/tools? What will be the story/main hero?

Hello there DanDecarlo! Thank you for your comment!

The game will be released for PC at first (with a possible Linux version), but I am planning to release a mac version as well! It's being developed on an engine that I have created myself... if you're curious about the language I used, it's C++ and Lua, with SFML and OpenGl.
Of course there are a few more things like xml, but it's not on the core code.

About the story, I'll post a basic Lore this thursday! But I can tell you a little about Ragnarr, the main character!

Ragnarr is a viking-like warrior, member of an elite guardian force called the Bear Claws. He is the son of the former leader of the Bear Claws (Thorvald Fork-Beard). Of course, his name is feared by every foe in the known land! His duty is to protect "The Empire of The South" from the strange creatures that lurk in the north.

Soon I'll give you a lot more! I promise!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 02:35:43 PM by joaorequiao » Logged

DanDecarlo
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2013, 01:28:36 PM »

Sounds good, I hope there will be an Android version in the future too.

joaorequiao
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2013, 04:03:52 PM »

Sounds good, I hope there will be an Android version in the future too.

Maybe! Who knows!? An OUYA version would be nice as well!But first things first, right!?

joaorequiao
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2013, 08:57:03 PM »

Hello!

I know I'm a little late, but I just posted some Lore of the game wolrd as long as a piece of concept art! It's the latest post on our Tumblr!

http://stonehalls.overlordgamestudio.com/

Hope you enjoy!

joaorequiao
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2013, 10:19:56 PM »

[UPDATE]
New devlog! I hope you enjoy!

PROGRAMMING THE ENGINE

joaorequiao
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2013, 07:23:52 PM »

[UPDATE]
Something about the World as it is Now! (The world you'll see in the game!)

mihai
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2013, 03:01:32 AM »

Looks interesting so far, but what kind of game is it? I mean platformer is quite a generic term Smiley

joaorequiao
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2013, 07:20:40 PM »

Looks interesting so far, but what kind of game is it? I mean platformer is quite a generic term Smiley

Thank you for the interest, man!!
Well, what can I say... it's an Adventure game in platforms... you'll be a viking guy called Ragnarr and you'll have to beat A LOT of enemies and solve some puzzles to progress through the stages! There will be some NPC to guide you on your way and you'll have to manage your abilities well! You'll be able to choose from three "classes" that will be revealed shortly!

Do you have any specific interest/question about the game?? Don't be shy!! lol

joaorequiao
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2013, 07:21:57 PM »

[UPDATE]

Something about the Power Stones!

mihai
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2013, 12:29:33 AM »

Can't wait to see more of it, don't by shy in bringing them forward. I always liked games inspired by norse stuff Smiley

Christian Knudsen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2013, 10:24:54 AM »

Any reason why you posted your DevLog in the Creative forum instead of the DevLogs forum?

Laserbrain Studios
Currently working on Hidden Asset (TIGSource DevLog)
joaorequiao
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2013, 02:18:15 PM »

It was a mistake... I'll ask the moderator to move it!

joaorequiao
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2013, 11:56:45 AM »

[UPDATE]

Our Main Character: Ragnarr, The Brave!!

Hope you like it!

ashtonmorris
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2014, 05:09:14 PM »

Great Art! Beer!

Ashton Morris - Composer & Sound Designer

Roah * Bomblsinger * Goliath * Wings of Vi * Lemma * Bit Heroes * Star Command Galaxies

http://www.ashtonmorris.com

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ashtonmorris
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic