Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411640 Posts in 69394 Topics- by 58449 Members - Latest Member: pp_mech

May 14, 2024, 06:42:47 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsKingdoms Rise
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19
Print
Author Topic: Kingdoms Rise  (Read 61477 times)
Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #260 on: October 27, 2013, 07:07:02 PM »

Lots of new helmets and other bits incoming

Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #261 on: October 27, 2013, 08:42:07 PM »

Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #262 on: October 28, 2013, 07:34:53 PM »

Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #263 on: October 30, 2013, 03:09:21 AM »

Speed modeling vid of one of the new helmets

Xoleuph
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: October 30, 2013, 01:48:27 PM »

a hello from the steam page! im really excited to see this game get completed, and I got a few questions regarding some game mechanics:
first of all, do different pieces of armor provide different stats? if not, is there some way to change how your character is, such as increasing HP or such?
the armor recolouring you mentioned a while ago, does it apply to only the grey (metallic) pieces of armor, certain parts of the armor, chosen parts of the armor, the whole piece of armor or the whole armor?
also, dat horned helm in your last pic, I WANT IT.
Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #265 on: October 30, 2013, 02:49:28 PM »

All the armor bits will be given a hidden "heaviness" value based on how bulky the piece looks.
All the heaviness of your characters armor will get added up into a total and that total will give you more damage resistance as well as slow you down (if it's high enough)

As for the tinting, at the moment it doesn't apply to the metals, only the clothy parts
Eventually I'd like to have the metal able to be changes between alternate metallic materials (eg. bronze, silver, gold, iron)

Xoleuph
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: October 30, 2013, 03:13:33 PM »

great and great.
another thing that popped into my mind, will we be able to change the colour of the weapon glow? also, I tend to get quite panicky in more chaotic games, is there some way to tell friends and foes apart at first glance?
concerning the game progression, do we get all pieces of gear unlocked, usable or found (whichever applies) at the start of the game, or do we just start with a small selection of items which broadens as we progress in the game?

Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #267 on: October 30, 2013, 04:09:09 PM »

great and great.
another thing that popped into my mind, will we be able to change the colour of the weapon glow? also, I tend to get quite panicky in more chaotic games, is there some way to tell friends and foes apart at first glance?
concerning the game progression, do we get all pieces of gear unlocked, usable or found (whichever applies) at the start of the game, or do we just start with a small selection of items which broadens as we progress in the game?

We're wanting to make the gear unlock over time as you play and earn xp or gold or something like that.
We're trying to hook all that in with Steam Workshop so that the items go into your Steam inventory, like TF2 or Dota.
But yeah, it's pretty hard to set up, so it's not there yet

Teammates should be fairly easy to distinguish, at the moment you have to tell them apart by cape color.
However we should soon add a small teammate HUD icon or nameplate over their heads
And into the future I would really like to see some L4D style outlines for teammates, but that's a bit too hard to add any time soon

Xoleuph
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: October 31, 2013, 12:26:37 AM »

I personally prefer nameplates over outlines, but thats just my own opinion.
on to some more questions.
will there be a possibility to change your characters main hand? it shouldnt be too hard to implement mirrored poses and animations, but I am no expert on this.
how does blocking with a shield work? is it similar to parrying or does the shield have some kind of durability that runs out as you keep blocking?
after you "finished" the game (released it and fixed any bugs that might have showed up), do you plan to keep adding items, maps or other to it? even with the workshop it would be nice to get new items from the maker of the game.
I havent quite understood how magic works yet, we seem to be able to pick a few spells to use in battle, but do these spells have a cooldown or do they use mana?
Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #269 on: October 31, 2013, 02:23:28 AM »

I personally prefer nameplates over outlines, but thats just my own opinion.
on to some more questions.
will there be a possibility to change your characters main hand? it shouldnt be too hard to implement mirrored poses and animations, but I am no expert on this.
how does blocking with a shield work? is it similar to parrying or does the shield have some kind of durability that runs out as you keep blocking?
after you "finished" the game (released it and fixed any bugs that might have showed up), do you plan to keep adding items, maps or other to it? even with the workshop it would be nice to get new items from the maker of the game.
I havent quite understood how magic works yet, we seem to be able to pick a few spells to use in battle, but do these spells have a cooldown or do they use mana?

We don't have hand changing, but if we find it pretty easy to add in later on then I don't see why we wouldn't. (But I don't think it would be very easy in UDK, Will have to investigate)

Shields block all swing directions but after taking a couple of whacks they will smash.

I'll definitely be adding more bits of armor and swords and other things into the game long after it's release (provided there are people playing it)
Up until some new game takes up all my time, or we might just keep making add-ons for this one, who knows.

Spells don't use mana, they all have a cooldown which is based on how effective that spell is.
So huge area explosion spells have big long cooldowns where something like a small low damage ice bolt will have a short cooldown.
Cooldowns don't reset with death, so players can't just run in -> use the big spells -> suicide -> repeat.

Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #270 on: October 31, 2013, 09:56:35 PM »

Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #271 on: November 01, 2013, 08:05:27 PM »

just started a forum for KR

Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #272 on: November 02, 2013, 07:24:13 PM »

http://kingdomsrise.com/forum

Uykered
« Reply #273 on: November 03, 2013, 12:42:00 AM »

Can't we just use the steam one?
ANtY
Level 10

i accidentally did that on purpose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #274 on: November 03, 2013, 01:10:16 AM »

PR tip: forums are dead now, sorry to say this, but you have to realize that Internet changes

I also love forums : (

Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #275 on: November 03, 2013, 08:28:13 PM »

Can't we just use the steam one?

Oh, Whats the Steam one?

Uykered
« Reply #276 on: November 03, 2013, 08:57:02 PM »

I think you get one once you put the game on Steam, most games have a community forum, it's just more convenient than signing up to a new site.
Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #277 on: November 04, 2013, 12:53:06 AM »

yeah ok, that's a good idea
I just feel like, even if forums are dead, there needs to be a place for people to post thier experience with the game and also have thier say on changes etc.
Forums are also good for facilitating events like tournaments and LANs and stuff

Anyway, here's some video highlights from our aussie playtest last night

Sved
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #278 on: November 04, 2013, 01:07:44 AM »

Be aware that most Steam forums are nasty places full of entitled people complaining or requesting you to do things... brace yourself!

... but that is mostly psychological. Check my devlog!
Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #279 on: November 04, 2013, 05:47:38 AM »

Yeah, I've seen a lot of harsh words go around the steam forums.
But its always good to consider things from the 'black hat' mindset.
I think a much bigger problem developers face is surrounding themselves with people who will vett their words and always give feedback biased towards kindness.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic