Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411576 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 05, 2024, 02:17:28 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingFabula Divina: Old School 2D RPG with twists...
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Fabula Divina: Old School 2D RPG with twists...  (Read 689 times)
FabulaDivina
Level 0

View Profile
« on: October 07, 2012, 03:39:26 PM »

Howdy,

I have been working on an old school Java-based RPG now for a year, and thought it was finally at a point where it might be good to let people have a crack at it.  It is known to run on Linux, Mac and Windows.

It is called Fabula Divina (www.fabuladivina.com), and it draws on inspiration from old games like Ultima, Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy, but also some of the newer aspects of RPGs like Diablo, Torchlight.  My aim was to keep it as old school as possible.

I wanted to do something fun, so I made up a cheesy, but neat game trailer for it:

A link to download it directly is here:
http://tinyurl.com/8bl5yh6

It is still kinda rough, but you can play through the first "act" completely, at which point it opens up into the whole world.  Hope you enjoy it.  If there is anyone who has good constructive feedback that would help make it better please let me know.  If you are interested enough on the project you might want to work on it, please let me know.  More eyes are better than just mine. :-)

Please be gentle, but fair.

Cheers,

Graham
KissMaj7
Level 0

The silent man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 10:47:40 AM »

Wow! I can imagine you have already sacrificed tons of time on this. It looks good and feels like a good traditional RPG should.

I tested this with my laptop so unfortunately the game window didn't quite fit to my screen. I hope in the future you add support for other resolutions also and a full-screen mode.

When in first battle I targeted myself only one sentence was printed and nothing happened. I restarted the game and then attacking on myself worked just fine. But more importantly: Why would you want to attack on yourself? If there is no good reason for this you are just wasting player's time with pointless targeting question.

Anyway that's just some thoughts after a small playing session. Good luck with your work! Big project like this takes a lot of guts  Hand Clap Smiley

FabulaDivina
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2012, 01:53:07 PM »

You are very kind.  Thank you for your kind words.

The attacking of yourself is something I have not hidden yet.  I will hide it in a future release.  A single target menu is used for any type of target selection process. 

Keep playing and find stuff for me to fix, add change, whatever.  I am happy to have more play testers! :-)
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic