Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411576 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 05, 2024, 04:29:30 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsMori
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Author Topic: Mori  (Read 8944 times)
christopf
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« on: January 29, 2014, 09:18:29 AM »

Music
by Jule Baetz

Spoken Sounds
by Marie Schomerus (and a few by myself)

->> https://topf.itch.io/mori

Log
180715 Getting closer to finish. You can now find further versions here: EXHIBITION VERSION
---
020515 The last build you can find here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22796471/mori-ohoh.zip
---
03032014 I started building in as3 with flashpunk but am rewriting mori in haxe with haxepunk since october.
You can play the latest flash version over here

[/s]
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 07:27:38 AM by christopf » Logged

christopf
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 09:26:29 AM »

some pictures to bring life in here

my first mockup when i thought of making one part kinda 3d, more like 2.5d (with oculus rift support XD). but for now i will try to animate this and make it the menu background

and some earlier sketches i have on pc
(anuf, a stranger in the woods who knows about the shadows

(some sneaky creepy shadow in the room)

(shasha, an animal-spirit kind shadow)

these pictures are not very related to another since i said the idea is simmering now for a long period and different branches grew. hopefully thats not too much confusion in the beginning :D
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 09:44:43 AM by christopf » Logged

christopf
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2014, 06:10:36 PM »

So its time for some latenight (europe) screencapture tries. its my first attempt and after messing it up with to high fps rates and weird programms like screencapt-o-manic and less weirder programms lke gifcam i finally found my way to licecap..eehm..yes this thread is about gif capturing! eehm, or not.

tl'dr - my first programming steps results in this mechanic to now..

christopf
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2014, 01:37:12 AM »

i already showed this in the pixel thread but i was thinking to collect everything here makes it easier to follow the progress. right now i'm working on the environment

ephoete
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2014, 09:22:33 AM »

Hey what's that for an undeserved postless topic?

Really promising beginning man. That ginger's got something in common with The Little Prince.
What's the name of this dark critter we see on your latest screenshots?

Check out my Soundcloud! https://soundcloud.com/edgar-phoete
christopf
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2014, 11:47:18 AM »

kool that you like it! you mean the "childrens" books little prince? i just talked with my friend about it today that i cant wait to read it again with my child thats hell of a nice story.

the dark critter is some shadow related being but actually he joined the scene only for temporary support so i can work on some non player entities. his name is Leutnan. dunno if he wanna keep staying in this game yet

ephoete
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2014, 10:34:18 AM »

Yes I meant this book Smiley

Check out my Soundcloud! https://soundcloud.com/edgar-phoete
Code_Assassin
Level 5

freedom

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2014, 10:43:32 AM »

Nice artwork, and interesting game. You can reduce the size of your sheet if you resorted to flipping your texture for some animations in-game rather than at compile time.
christopf
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2014, 11:30:18 AM »

thanks, glad you like it. and a even bigger thanks for the hint. i already read about it but thought this is going to be too complex and forgot about it but i think today i've got a little more and enough experience for it (although it might be super easy though^^)

Nuprahtor
Level 3

Drunk on the Moon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2014, 09:24:02 AM »

Somehow it reminds me of Yume Nikki, these screenshots has some nice mistical vibe.

I like how character's color represents his health. Death animation is a bit disturbing.

Thank God For The Rain - a magical neo-noir JRPG - devlog, tumblr
christopf
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2014, 10:23:53 AM »

Oh i just checked Yume Nikki and it looks extreme cool and after reading a little on wikipedia (i stopped fast to get this game played first  Cool) it seems there are a few similarities to the story of mori. very interesting tip you gave me there, thank you for that.

the death animation is already updated (as you can see on the spritesheet above). i didnt like the old one either

christopf
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2014, 10:34:41 AM »

Today i got the "core mechanic" kinda finished. its quite a lot to do but since its screenshotsaturday i wanted to create one too. Next i think going back to the graphics and work a little on some schatten (cant wait for this since i started to transform the idea to pc).

(i like that gyfcat name generation)

Ku
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2014, 12:46:28 AM »

Ooo neat environment! Yes. This looks like something I'll want to play.
oleomingus
Level 1

Oleomingus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2014, 01:23:27 AM »

The environment looks great and peculiar !

ryansumo
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2014, 01:47:19 AM »

Definitely an interesting look to this game.  What did you use to make that spritesheet, looks like it took a lot of time!

christopf
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2014, 02:08:06 AM »

Oh wow, thanks @YnniK, @oleomingus!

@ryansumo thank you too. i'm working in photoshop and you are right :D it was my first spritesheet i did and it evolved about 4weeks but i wasnt working steady on it. i think there is much more space to cut things (like said before to maybe mirror the left right movement in code) and when you look at it, the slowest movement got still 16 frames and the rest is getting shorter and shorter :D much to improve

kraed
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2014, 03:13:30 AM »

This is looking neat, very interested on hearing more on the story. The art looks very original.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 02:24:34 PM by kraed » Logged

christopf
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2014, 11:41:27 PM »

thanks kread and sorry for that huge response time. when i have read your interest in the story i was a little confused about what i shall tell because is thought it wouldnt be so good to tell too much of it yet. mainly for gameplay pleasure reasons. and then i got a new home and i'm still moving (by bycicle), so sorry if you waited for some insight.

but i'm not yet sure how much i can reveal without making the game a lesser experience for those who want to play it. so i keep it short:

mori is a young kid that got locked up in a small box by its parents. not out of cruelty but out of anxiety. the anxiety that those shadows they fear so much could harm their little kid.

SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2014, 12:47:59 AM »

Looking kinda creepy, but I like the pixel art you've got going, and the sheer smoothness of the animations. Great job on those!

christopf
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2014, 09:51:06 PM »

cool, thanks!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic