Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411588 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 06, 2024, 09:15:06 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSticky Bump
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Sticky Bump  (Read 1658 times)
Keeweed
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: May 08, 2012, 05:10:44 AM »

Sticky Bump is a local multi-player game, supporting 2-4 players, targeting Xbox Live Indie Games.

About the game

Goal of the game is to collect as many traffic cones as you can and bring them to a drop-off point. Point is, this can only be done by the "Stickies"; cars that have a white glowing bumper. Stickies that hand in their cones, score points, but loose their white bumper as well. They've become a "Bully". Now, Bullies cannot collect cones and thus cannot score points. All they can do is hunt a Sticky, and bump against it. This will swap the roles of both cars and destroy the cones that the used-to-be-Sticky was driving around with...

The resulting gameplay is that of a quickly and continuously changing gamestate. At one moment you run, dodge and escape, while trying to collect cones, and the next moment you hunt, chase, and cut-off routes to the drop-off point.
With controls that consists of bare movement (1 stick), the challenge comes down mainly on tactics and player's flexibility/adaptability.

About it's development

I've put the status on 80%, which means for me that the game is done, except for a couple of details. The game has been playtested intensively, because the gameplay is quite unique and experimental. Basically, I wouldn't allow friends or family leave the house before they had sit back and played it for a couple of rounds Grin I think the result is a really fun, and sometimes hilarious game that does good at a party/gathering of friends.

This is a video of such an (early) playtest. It's quite old and the game looks a bit slow there, but still, it gives you an idea:

I've already showcased the game at 2 events, of which one was Festival of Games (a Dutch games fare). Reactions were pretty awesome!

In playtest now!

Sticky Bump is now in Playtest on App Hub / XBLIG. If you are an Xbox developer, you can download the game here:
http://catalog.create.msdn.com/en-US/gamedetails.aspx?catalogEntryId=ac95a64a-d65a-4849-a395-92957af1e629&type=1

Feedback is highly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 11:38:48 AM by KeeWeed » Logged

Path of Adventure - A text-based roguelike, for mobile
Keeweed
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 06:30:17 AM »

Last weekend I finished the game! More or less. It has a new level that needs to be playtested (see pic), and I need to record some gameplay, edit a trailer, and that sort of thing... but unofficially... I'm done Smiley

The game is still in playtest by the way! Check here: Sticky Bump playtest App Hub if you are an XBLIG developer. Thanks!

Qqwy
Level 1

To who might ever read this: I love you!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 10:06:39 AM »

This sounds very intersting. Too bad that I don't have an XBOX360...

Ř̺͈̮ͬͣ͑͂͊̐a̲͈̲̩̫͍̟̕i̪̪̩̼̩̊̽ͫn̴b̗̠͈̯̲͡ͅo̥̤͓̥̩̾͐ẅ̺́͢ ̴̙̑̍̅o̰̹͙̻̭̘̅͌͐̾ͅf̖̖͖͍̽̅̉͡ ͓̱͓͔̖̣̗ͭC̽҉̗̼̳̖͇̳h̺͕͠a̵̾ͤ͆́́o̼̙͖͎͍̳̅̿ͣs͓̒̌̀  FOCUS-Bytebeat
Keeweed
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2012, 02:32:33 AM »

There will be a Windows version as well! But playing with 4 people behind a pc screen isn't that... popular Roll Eyes But if you have your tv connected to your pc, like me, it works great Grin

Keeweed
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2012, 11:42:22 AM »

The game is done and released!  Beer!

Official trailer:

Sticky Bump page

Glad it's done. Now on to the next Smiley

Pages: [1]
Print