Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411593 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: FightingFoxGame

May 07, 2024, 11:10:41 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsLOG-DUNGEON -concept art now-
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: LOG-DUNGEON -concept art now-  (Read 3273 times)
SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2012, 04:47:38 PM »

You sure you're not doing some odd scripting or something? Not trying to be rude or anything. It's just that GM should be able to churn out a load of enemies chasing the player at 60 FPS...

BattleBeard
Level 6

please touch me

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2012, 05:01:27 PM »

That's what I was thinking, but the coding should be normal.

Maybe...

if distance_to_object(obj_player)<100
{
on = 1
}

if on = 1
{
sprite_index = spr_ensect_on
move_towards_point(obj_player.x,obj_player.y,1.5);
}

if myhealth<=0
{
instance_create(x,y,obj_smallboom)
instance_destroy()
}

^ code

The problem is, Game maker can't pull off lighting without destroying the frame rate, which I figured out today. I've tried three different methods, and they're making the frame rate worse...would Flash be better? I don't know.
SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2012, 06:06:18 PM »

How are you doing the lighting? If you've placed a lot of squares over the screen that get darker or lighter depending on the distance to a light source, yeah, that'd probably run too slowly. A black surface that's drawn to with white circles set to multiply should work alright though...? I don't use Game Maker much, but that's how I do it now. :1

BattleBeard
Level 6

please touch me

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2012, 06:32:58 PM »

How are you doing the lighting? If you've placed a lot of squares over the screen that get darker or lighter depending on the distance to a light source, yeah, that'd probably run too slowly. A black surface that's drawn to with white circles set to multiply should work alright though...? I don't use Game Maker much, but that's how I do it now. :1

I tried, but when using multiple light surfaces, it messed up. Not to mention some computers apparently have problems with surfaces...Flixel might be good. It's not a for-sure change to a new coding engine, just testing.

Update;

-Fixed a sword animation glitch
SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2012, 10:50:29 PM »

Yeah, I would probably go with Flixel or Flashpunk, or PyGame. All of those are pretty good choices for 2D game development, I think.

BattleBeard
Level 6

please touch me

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2012, 08:32:58 AM »

Remaking engine in Flixel. It's going well, more info soon. Wink
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic