Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411613 Posts in 69390 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 10, 2024, 04:55:14 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 457 458 [459] 460 461 ... 602
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1958373 times)
tmek
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9160 on: December 29, 2015, 06:18:23 PM »

Hi, I'm tmek.  I've been a programmer of business software for over 20 years but I have always loved video games and tinkering with video game programming as a hobby.

Over the past couple of years I've become more serious about game development.  Especially with the launch of Unreal Engine 4.  It really caught my attention and I find it a lot of fun to work with.

I'm also extremely interested in virtual reality headsets like the Oculus Rift.

I created the Star Trek Voyager Bridge vr demo which became a mildly popular a while ago.

Lately I'm working on a pinball editor and simulator with VR support called "Pinball Labs" - http://kck.st/1YaC8dH

« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 06:36:14 PM by tmek » Logged
BobbyJones
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9161 on: December 29, 2015, 11:56:29 PM »

Hello I am BobbyJones. I have been programming for 3 to 4 years. And I use the LÖVE lua game framework.
Krysbryd
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9162 on: December 30, 2015, 01:07:18 AM »

Hey there!

I’m Kris and I’ve loved games since The Learning Company’s Super Solvers series. Gizmos & Gadgets holds a dear place in my childhood memory box, though I think my first personal purchase was Descent II.

I like cartoons and exploration, I’ve come to be involved in the industry only recently, and I think coding looks incredibly cool from the outside. I’m perhaps most excited about what incredible things people will be bringing to VR.
m4s0n
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9163 on: December 30, 2015, 05:53:04 AM »

Hi everyone Smiley

My name's Matt and I'm developing a game using Unity3D/C# and Qubicle. I'll be creating a Devlog thread for it to keep people up-to-date!

I really enjoy simulation games ala Theme Hospital and Dungeon Keeper II and my project is in this genre.

I enjoy reading the Devlogs here on TIGSource and look forward to cataloging my own misadventures in Gamedev as things progress.

Cheers Beer!
chiptraxx
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9164 on: December 30, 2015, 10:15:39 AM »

Helllo Everybody!

My name is Jason. I'm a music producer and I'm looking to try my hand at compsing for games!
I've been producing for over 15 years. My production style includes a lot of chip sounds, but I am able to make a track for almost any genre. Take a listen and visit my website!

soundcloud.com/prayzeeffect
prayzeeffect.com

Hoping to land some work. Looking forward to working with some developers real soon!
Xgor
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9165 on: December 30, 2015, 12:33:50 PM »

Hey I'm Xgor.

I've been interested of games from like when I was 4 and ever since I realized that you don't have to be a divine being to make one I've been interested in making them. I've both been active in the Super Mario World Hacking scene and mapping in osu! so I have learned a lot about level design that way but my main focus when I make created games so far is programming (As somebody gotta actually program the games).

I haven't really uploaded most of my games due to me thinking they are not good yet and never get them good enough to upload. (A habit I hope to change here) The main exception is that I've joined quite a bit of Ludum Dares.

I wanna try to make games from all genres but I'll slide a bit away from games more focused on narrative and more towards good game feel/controls.

Hopefully I can fit in well here! Smiley
Skeledork
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9166 on: December 31, 2015, 03:34:45 AM »

I'm Andrew. But people call me Ezekiel or Zeke on the internet. So I just go by that.

Anyways, I had a tigsource account with a different alias. I was immature back then and I
pretty much gained a reputation of being hated on there. I also was ignorant on how marketing for games and
how devlogs work and stuff etc.

I'm primarily a designer. My best part in designing is creating tiles.

I've been developing games for about 3 years. Never finishing a game ever. Usually finishing a horrible prototype and having someone play it and then tell me its crap.

for example, I created this prototype in Unity. Took me about a year to finish. although I did have help from a ukrainian who was my "friend" who would later steal the prototype and sell it as an engine.

I'm also 15. I rarely get made fun of for my age because thats just how the internet works.

Right now I'm working on a Paper Mario inspired game. It probably will be a while before a simple prototype is even out.

There is a skeleton inside all of us.
sas41
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9167 on: January 01, 2016, 09:09:17 AM »

Hello!

I'm SAS41, I am mostly a programmer but I do dabble in design every now and then.
I've made one game so far and working on another one.
My friend (Bosak) told me to come here to find a friendly community that share my passion.
I hope to make a lot of friends here!
AceOfAces_Mod
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9168 on: January 02, 2016, 04:58:02 AM »

Hello, I am a student of Computer Science and a hobbyist Game Developer living in Greece. I don't have much of experience at developing a game, but I have good one in software development (in Microsoft .NET related programs at least). I currently develop a RPG game.

Nice to meet you all.
Grhyll
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9169 on: January 02, 2016, 06:40:44 AM »

A new silent lurker has entered the forum Smiley

I'm Grhyll, game developper working at the Game Bakers (some mobile game like Squids, Combo Crew and soon a PS4/PC game called Furi) and for myself in the evening.
I probably won't post much, but I'll be there, reading everything...

Programmer at The Game Bakers
3-50.net
Current project: oQo
AgentArgyle
TIGBaby

Agent Argyle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9170 on: January 02, 2016, 01:37:54 PM »

Hey all,

Just want to introduce myself and announce my recently launched Airlift Game: http://appstore.com/airliftgame which is FREE for iOS.

benjkers
Level 0

digging for precious games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9171 on: January 02, 2016, 11:11:49 PM »

Hello, I'm Ben. I'm a father of one (soon two). I've worn a lot of different hats, professionally - mostly in game dev.

After a couple years dabbling in jams and a chunk of work on a sadly shelved project,  I walked away from full-time employ to spend ~18 months building something nice with my dev-brother-from-another-mother, Jerry. 

I'm designing, arting and writing for the project. More detail about that in a forthcoming devlog. For now, some screen-gifs:

Toast Right

Rico_
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #9172 on: January 04, 2016, 04:02:08 AM »

@benjkers: that looks pretty awesome!

Hi there, I am Rico and I work for a small indie stuio in Germany as a game programmer. Nice meeting you all!
SadaleNet
Level 0

Amateur Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9173 on: January 04, 2016, 06:49:51 AM »

Hi! I'm Sadale, an amateur game developer and a student of a degree that has nothing to do with game development.

I developed many games with Game Maker Studio when I was young. Unfortunately, I didn't archive them and I have deleted them, which I regret a lot. After that, I started learning programming. Then I spent a lot of time on developing non-game programs. But most of them are incomplete.  Cry

I haven't resume developing games until the recent. As of today, I have three completed games published. None of them has achieved market acceptance. I hope that I can develop a game that someone actually like it in later point of my life.

When I'm not working on my game, I like playing short games made by others, watching anime and chatting in IRC. I'm pretty active in freenode. My nick is Sadale there.

RedFragment
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9174 on: January 04, 2016, 12:08:07 PM »

Hi there!

I'm a web developer by trade, but in my spare time I work on a small mobile puzzle game with an 80s retro future style. Although the game is mostly done, I still need to create lots of levels so I'm hoping I can find some smart people here that would be willing to help me out.

Cheers!

Laser Dreams - 80s synthwave mobile puzzle game with lasers.
legendaryfrog
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #9175 on: January 04, 2016, 05:02:29 PM »

Hey all,

I am Brenden, a game designer residing in Tempe, Arizona. My day job is doing game design / project lead work for E-Line Media. We make games that are commercially viable, entertaining, and also have some form of positive social or cultural impact. Last year our Seattle studio released the game Never Alone, built with the indigenous people of Alaska. I am currently working on an exciting project in partnership with MIT that will be in the maker-genre of games and allow people to play with the upcoming reality of digital fabrication and programmable materials.

Outside my work at E-Line, I am involved in a few efforts to help jumpstart the local Phoenix game development scene, which has a tremendous amount of unrealized potential and concentrated talent. I am also doing design and programming work on a couple of independent projects, including an upcoming card-based war game called Scathe (in both physical and digital forms).

Random table shot of an early Scathe prototype

Last year, I wrote a book teaching Unreal Engine 4's blueprint system to aspiring designers/artists who prefer the dead-tree form of learning.

I've been lurking these forums for far too long, so I figured it was about time I drop in, say hello, and start participating.  Smiley

-Master your Mind-
BatavianBunny
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9176 on: January 04, 2016, 06:23:06 PM »

Hello all!

My name is Igor and I've been working for a brand new game developer called Batavian Studio for the just under a year now.

Been a lifelong gamer and borderline gaming addict before landing the gig of my dreams as the Marketing Manager for our studio. Before that I worked in advertising (go figure right?) and before that I wanted to be a filmmaker - one of those "finding my way around" journeys before figuring out a way into the gaming industry. 

I'm a huge RTS fan, RPG dreamer, FPS screamer and admittedly hooked on clickers. I'll basically play anything. Right now I'm back on SWTOR, and still weening myself off Fallout 4 and Witcher 3 very very slowly until XCom2 drops next month.

I'll post more about the game our studio is working on later, but the short version is we're making a brutal survival game set on an alien world called Grimm Odds.

Here's a screenshot and the links to our game site and blog:
http://grimmodds.com/
http://blog.batavianstudio.com/

Cheers!
Valar05
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9177 on: January 05, 2016, 03:36:12 PM »

Hey all, first time posting here.  In real life my name is Drew, I'm 27, and I've been a programmer in the boring industry for about 5 years now.  I've been doing gamedev for a hobby for about 8 or 9 months now, about 7 of which has been spent teaching myself everything I could about animation.  I started out with 2D- with no particular plan in mind other than the fact that I wanted to make something featuring a knight character, with some cool combos.  After getting overwhelmed with the difficulty of fully tradition drawn animation, and frustrated with the limitations of 2D skeletal animation (using Spriter), I tried out 3D modelling and animation in Blender on a whim, and everything just clicked.  So here I am now, with the beginnings of a 2.5D character action game, heavily inspired by the likes of Ninja Gaiden Black, set in a setting I like to think of as "comfort fantasy" (aka standard fantasy).

Soon I'll be posting a devlog with some of my actual progress.  Perhaps after I can get my block/dodge transition to be less janky, and after I figure out why my orcs keep committing suicide by running off cliffs...
SpadaBoss
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9178 on: January 05, 2016, 03:37:00 PM »

Hi all, I'm an university student that likes making android themes for custom roms (Cyanogenmod and layers/rro) in my free time. I have made also an android app and recently I'm exploring the games world with Unity Smiley
SHARKvince
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9179 on: January 07, 2016, 01:47:48 PM »

Hello!

I’m a producer/writer in London and am making a game in my free time. Did a bit of acting and played the violin too.

I’m currently working on my first game, which is a visual novel of sorts. I started writing a novel last year, but I’m putting it aside now so I can focus on my game. Have a peek at the protagonist! Smiley

I use Blender, Krita and the Godot Engine to make my game. I’m thinking of a release for iOS, Android, Win+Linux+OSX. Got a friend who’s helping me out on the audio side of things. Looking forward to getting involved with the community here!
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 01:56:39 PM by SHARKvince » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 457 458 [459] 460 461 ... 602
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic