Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411616 Posts in 69390 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 10, 2024, 07:36:46 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 458 459 [460] 461 462 ... 602
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1958460 times)
0xDEADBAAD
Level 0

Hooker with a penis

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9180 on: January 08, 2016, 09:25:35 AM »

Hello, everyone :D

I'm Luciano, from Argentina. I'm 24.

Until now, I've been making mostly small jam games and starting longer-term things that I never finish. I've been fighting this tendency in the past year and I think I'm getting out of it Tongue

I'm currently developing a local multiplayer game called Croco Rumble from which you'll surely hear this year.

I wanted to make games since I was like 10 or 11 years old. I started doing things with RPG Maker XP around 10 years ago, then stopped at like 16 or 17 and never did anything with games again until 3 or 4 years ago, when I started getting into it again.

Does anyone even read this things?
kevin andersson
Level 1

Producer/ Designer by day and Programmer by night

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9181 on: January 08, 2016, 11:58:26 AM »

Hi everybody, my name is Kevin and I've made games for basically 7 years now. I started on my first game at my first year in a game development focused school when I was 15 and I've worked with games ever since, now I've worked as a Level Designer at Zoink! where I worked on Zombie Vikings. After the PS4 release I got a role as a Producer and kept working on the Steam version.

Since Oktober 2014 me and three others have been working on Alwa's Awakening, we've got some positive response which have been very fun for us since this was only something we've been working on after work and on weekends.

My favourite game as a kid was probably Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles to the Sega MegaDrive. While growing up I played a lot of different games which have now proven to be good for me (thanks mom).

jmaslaki
Level 0

Jimbobjambam

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9182 on: January 08, 2016, 11:16:51 PM »

Hi there. I'm Jimmy. I'm 18 years old, persian, and basically, just a kid with a passion for video games. It's been my dream to create video games since I was around eight-ish? I started playing video games earlier than that though. Some of my favorites include Banjo-Tooie, Super Smash Bros. Franchise, and Windwaker. They're just so good. As a young child I used GameMaker (yoyogames), experimented, and made a lot of stuff, but only finishing like one game which was a space shooter called Zap. Then around the beginning of high school I sprung forth into actual programming because I felt GameMaker was too simple and I didn't really feel proud of myself using it. But I began putting game making stuff aside throughout most of high school, because I was too embarrassed. Recently I have started to pick that back up again, I'm in my 5th year(yeah I failed) of high school, doing an afternoon program to rack up credits in order to graduate. Right now I'm just practicing and practicing. Although I've been working on a project and if I receive positive feedback then I would consider continuing it. Right now the name is "Death Slice" and it's a retro-styled RPG/slice of life game. If you like to see a small preview of some of my progress, the video link is here:

And a screenshot below.

Well if you actually read this thank you for your time. :D cya
C7
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9183 on: January 10, 2016, 03:46:50 AM »

Hello, I'm Chad!

I've been an indie game developer for a couple years now working on various indie projects. Currently I'm working with Giant Army on Universe Sandbox². Previously I worked on Kerbal Space Program for a few years as a technical artist.

http://universesandbox.com/

I also quite enjoy modding, and frequently tinker around for fun. My best known mod was the C7 Aerospace Pack of parts for KSP.

As well, I enjoy helping out people with their projects, and hosting the Indie Support Group in Seattle, at the Indies Workshop. If you're in the area, stop on by and say hello!

LachlanZ
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9184 on: January 11, 2016, 03:45:27 AM »

Hi there! I'm a Theoretical Physics and Computer Science student studying in Melbourne, Australia and enjoy doing game development in my free time! I'm a big fan of puzzle games so I mostly make those Smiley
MartinBousquet
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9185 on: January 11, 2016, 07:55:13 AM »

Hello everyone!

I'm Martin, I've been a professional game developer since 2010, currently working as a gameplay programmer for a big company in Paris. I like to work on small indie projects on my free time and doing game jams! I'm particular proud of my last ludum dare entry, Internship Adventure which went pretty well.

Hope to have passionate discussions in here, and why not, meet some fellow game developers!
LeoSyron
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9186 on: January 11, 2016, 12:35:29 PM »

Hi!

I'm a game artist from Brazil. I also do sotry writing, game design and other kinds of illustrations as well.

The two programmers I was closest to got jobs outside of my country. For a while, I felt a little loneliness as to how I would be able to make games... Then I started missing so much to be working on a project that I started to lear basic programming on game maker, and now I have a 2D game on the "oven".  Grin

I'm also making a comic book along with it.

Here's the teaser:

While I don't get enough with my patreon account, I am accepting smaller jobs. If anyone is interested in my skills, just let me know Wink
zwerko
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9187 on: January 12, 2016, 06:30:38 AM »

Hi,

My name is Milos and I have been an avid gamer for as long as I can remember. I mostly enjoy first person shooter games and have played some even competitively back in the day, Quake 3 being my all time favorite. I also sometimes work as a freelance journalist for one of the biggest gaming portals in my country Serbia.

Although I have always been into gaming only recently I became a part of the team developing a game called Scorn www.scorn-game.com which I hope to present to the community of this forum.

Wacompen
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #9188 on: January 12, 2016, 11:13:51 PM »

Hi, My name's Nathan.
I've been an artist my whole life and worked in the game industry for around 8 years. Recently I finished my first solo indie game and it's available on Steam.
Wish I made enough money with indie games but as is, I teach to pay the bills. I live in the bay area so I'm typically looking for meet ups and things. Let me know  Shocked
Falven
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9189 on: January 13, 2016, 01:57:49 AM »

Hi,

My name is Aitor. I am a former student from Digipen Bilbao. Currently trying to make a living in this industry as a game designer and programmer with some college mates.

I have been reading this forum for quite some time when a teacher told me about it, and finally, I am going one step forward. Hope to give back some of the knowledge I have gathered from you.

Bearded Whale
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9190 on: January 13, 2016, 06:06:56 AM »

Hi!
My name i s Erik, I'm a maths student from Uppsala, Sweden. I have just released my first game, and am already working on my next! I really like challenging puzzle games, but more importantly, puzzle games that are difficult for the right reasons. I enjoy puzzle with simple and lucid game mechanics, with solutions that are not overwhelmingly complex but simply counter-intuitive.
redwolfplayer
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9191 on: January 13, 2016, 09:54:12 AM »

Hi all! I'm redwolfplayer! Or Austin, y'know, whatever.

I'm currently a Game Design & Development student in the USA working on a few different things.

I mostly do programming, but I dabble in design and art when I can.

I love reading all of the devlogs on here and so I decided to start up an account and go from there!
brandontherrien
« Reply #9192 on: January 13, 2016, 11:56:44 AM »

My name is Brandon,
I am a 17 year old amateur game developer!
I currently have 2 games to my name, 1 is on Amazon and the 2nd has been submitted for posting.
Felwig Games
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9193 on: January 13, 2016, 05:58:33 PM »

Hi, we're Felwig Games and we are making an interplanetary metroidvania called Momoka.
TailorTF
Level 0

glub glub

View Profile
« Reply #9194 on: January 14, 2016, 04:34:48 AM »

Hey there!
I'm Tailor. Well, not really, but seeing as I'm Russian, my real name is too odd to pronounce, so everyone just calls me Tailor.
I've been tooling around with game development stuff for a couple years now. Maybe one day I'll even make an actual game, we'll see.
As for games I like, I'm a big fan of the tough-as-nails stuff like Dark Souls or maybe Super Meat Boy. Games that challenge the player are pretty great.
Mr F
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9195 on: January 14, 2016, 01:25:31 PM »

Hi. I'm Arthur.
I did stuff: https://ndotl.wordpress.com/cv/
I also do this stuff (but it's only in Russian sadly): http://www.gamedev.ru/projects/forum/?id=192506
And recently I also did that stuff: https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=52350.0
Emma Larkins
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9196 on: January 14, 2016, 02:17:43 PM »

Hello! I'm the community manager for Blade Ballet, a multiplayer game of whirling robot destruction. I also put together the devlogs, animate the trailer in Unity, and do a bunch of other cools stuff. Happy to be here!

Red Alchemy
TIGBaby

Writer, Concept Artist, 3D Modeling

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9197 on: January 14, 2016, 06:22:55 PM »

Hello,
My name is Daniel, but I also go by Red Alchemy for posting.

I am a writer, concept artist, and 3D modeler. I like making games that tell a story while invoking a sense of adventure. I also like experimenting with new techniques to elicit the best emotional or philosophical effect for the desired gameplay experience. I have made a few small games before and now I am venturing into something bigger. With a group of friends we started making an action adventure RPG that is like a combination between Star Fox, Metal Slug, and Megaman Legends.

We call it Halcyon Plume.

A three part game that combines a 3D SHMUP and Run n' Gun with a RPG. We hope to make a devblog here and watch it grow in the indie community. Eventually making the full game with the help of people who are interested in its development.

This is some of my work:

We just started on social media and will continue to develop more in the next couple of months. We will post most of our big announcements on Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/halcyon.plume/ As well as providing periodic updates here.
If you would like to see more of my artwork not affiliated with the game you can see it here : http://redalchemy.tumblr.com/

I look forward to being here and meeting with more indie developers in the community. Thank you for reading.
shellbot
« Reply #9198 on: January 15, 2016, 06:52:00 AM »

Hello,
My name is Daniel, but I also go by Red Alchemy for posting.

I am a writer, concept artist, and 3D modeler. I like making games that tell a story while invoking a sense of adventure. I also like experimenting with new techniques to elicit the best emotional or philosophical effect for the desired gameplay experience. I have made a few small games before and now I am venturing into something bigger. With a group of friends we started making an action adventure RPG that is like a combination between Star Fox, Metal Slug, and Megaman Legends.

We call it Halcyon Plume.

A three part game that combines a 3D SHMUP and Run n' Gun with a RPG. We hope to make a devblog here and watch it grow in the indie community. Eventually making the full game with the help of people who are interested in its development.

This is some of my work:

We just started on social media and will continue to develop more in the next couple of months. We will post most of our big announcements on Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/halcyon.plume/ As well as providing periodic updates here.
If you would like to see more of my artwork not affiliated with the game you can see it here : http://redalchemy.tumblr.com/

I look forward to being here and meeting with more indie developers in the community. Thank you for reading.

Welcome to the forum, you should start up a devlog, those screenies look nice Beer!
Oli414
Level 0

This text is too personal for you

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9199 on: January 15, 2016, 12:54:11 PM »

Hello everyone!

My name is Olivier, I'm a young, motivated, enthousiastic game developer. I've been creating games ever since I could use a keyboard. Back then there was a Dutch website that allowed kids to create their own games without any programming knowledge. At the age of 10 I realised that that website was to limited for me, so I started learning Game Maker. And I knew what I wanted to become ever since that day.

Now a few years later I've worked on a ton of different projects and an insane amount of programming languages and techniques. Developing games is my hobby which I'd love to turn into my job once I'm done with my gamedev study.

At this point in time I'm almost done with this gamedev study and for the last project I'm working on My Own Game (myowngame.net), a website that allows kids to create their own games without any programming knowledge, that's right. A website inspired by what inspired me to become a game developer.

We've been working on My Own Game for 8 weeks now and we are starting to share it with the world, seeking for feedback, and that's pretty much the main reason I decided to create an account here.
I've been watching the tigsource forums for quite some time now and it's a bit scary to become part of it myself to be quite honest but I really think I can get the feedback I'm looking for from these forums.

Check some of my stuff out on twitter where I regularly post screenshots of things I'm working on: twitter.com/oli414

You're still reading this? Wow, thanks for taking the time to read my introduction!

Tuludo Demo - The online game creator without limits! - Devblog
Pages: 1 ... 458 459 [460] 461 462 ... 602
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic