Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411591 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 07, 2024, 05:40:39 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsProcedural GenerationTriagulon [demo 3: Ptime for Pterodactyls]
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Triagulon [demo 3: Ptime for Pterodactyls]  (Read 30703 times)
FARTRON
Level 4

the last man in space

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2008, 09:12:08 PM »

That "mock up" is from star fox. Just pointing it out for posterity, I don't think that takes away from the awesomeness of this particular entry.

Everything that was once directly lived has receded into a representation. - debord
BobFM
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2008, 09:50:55 PM »

Got sound working! Composing some music with Reaper and some VST plugins now.

The maze algorithm I made was creating sealed-off areas. I have fixed that. There are still multiple paths between points, but this is intentional.

Most importantly, I finally got wall collisions working correctly. (Having all the walls intersect at multiples of 60 degrees really throws a wrench into the works!)

Oh, and now there's Vector Text! (Here's a test.)
BobFM
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2008, 11:51:08 PM »

Ok, I've got a demo version up:

http://www.radiopoultry.com/projects/triagulon/TriagulonDemo.0.1.zip

Thing is, I've only tested it out on my own computer. I don't think it needs any DLLs to be included with it, but I can't say for certain. I'm not too experienced in the area of releasing software. So, anyhow, even the simplest comments as to whether or not it runs would be very welcome, thanks!

EDIT: By the way, there's no real gameplay in this demo. A,W,S,D or arrow keys lets you walk about. The mouse lets you look around. ESC exits the game.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 12:00:24 AM by BobFM » Logged
___
Vice President of Marketing, Romeo Pie Software
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2008, 01:27:57 AM »

Runs for me.  Its a cool concept and I really want to shoot things while playing it...
BobFM
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2008, 01:42:28 AM »

Runs for me.  Its a cool concept and I really want to shoot things while playing it...

That's great, thanks! I plan to having shooting of a sort. I have a particular idea in mind, but I still have to see how it works out.
___
Vice President of Marketing, Romeo Pie Software
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2008, 01:43:10 AM »

That's great, thanks! I plan to having shooting of a sort. I have a particular idea in mind, but I still have to see how it works out.

The floating head blinking is pretty freaky too.
Noyb
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2008, 03:19:19 AM »

Works well on my Vista install. I really liked the feeling of scope I got when one of my starting positions was at a much higher point than the rest of the map, looking down on a good chunk of the maze ahead with the face in the center. Grin

medieval
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2008, 05:09:49 AM »

Doesn't run for me.. It kinda um, opens and quits. In a split second.
BobFM
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2008, 07:28:55 AM »

Hmm. Ok, I'm working on some possible compatibility issues for my next build. By the way, do you know what version of DirectX you have? (You can run "dxdiag" if you want to check.) The game needs DirectX 9 or 10, but I'm not sure if the oldest versions of 9 will work. (I think 9.0c is the newest version.)
medieval
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2008, 07:33:05 AM »

9.0c is exactly what I have.

My graphics card is really crap though
Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2008, 07:34:54 AM »

Hmm. Ok, I'm working on some possible compatibility issues for my next build. By the way, do you know what version of DirectX you have? (You can run "dxdiag" if you want to check.) The game needs DirectX 9 or 10, but I'm not sure if the oldest versions of 9 will work. (I think 9.0c is the newest version.)

Congratulations, BobFM! You had post number 44444 on TIGS forums overall! Grin

BobFM
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2008, 07:58:43 AM »

Congratulations, BobFM! You had post number 44444 on TIGS forums overall! Grin

Golly! Smiley
Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2008, 08:01:59 AM »

... Also it runs fine on my computer Tongue

jph wacheski
Level 1

It's only a matter of folding time and space,..

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2008, 06:03:32 AM »

wow that is GREAT!  i love the atmosphere, the tune works well in giving that sence of forboding that the Giant Floting Head invokes so well., has shades of the Sentinal, . will there be more, gameplay wise?
oh,. can you not compress the wave file ?  4 mb for a 40 sec. loop is a bit much,. as nice as it does sounds.  nice work though.

http://iterationGAMES.com
http://jph_wacheski.itch.io/
all my itch.io games are now pay-what-you-like Wink
BobFM
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2008, 07:54:18 AM »

wow that is GREAT!  i love the atmosphere, the tune works well in giving that sence of forboding that the Giant Floting Head invokes so well., has shades of the Sentinal, . will there be more, gameplay wise?
oh,. can you not compress the wave file ?  4 mb for a 40 sec. loop is a bit much,. as nice as it does sounds.  nice work though.

I can't used compressed WAVs with what I'm currently using, unfortunately.

Thanks for your comments! I just realized that I put in an older version of the music with the current demo. The newer music is longer, but the file size is about the same (it's no longer in stereo, but is recorded at a higher quality). As for gameplay... there will actually be some, yes. Smiley I'll try to post a new version of the demo sometime today.
BobFM
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2008, 02:51:44 PM »

New demo up:

http://www.radiopoultry.com/projects/triagulon/TriagulonDemo.0.2.zip

Forget what I said about the music earlier. Turns out I had just included an old version of the music in game unnecessarily, but it was using the newer version of the music. *slaps forehead*

Wanted to work on it some more today, but work interferes, alas. It's going to be a real challenge to make a finished game by the deadline. I'll get back at it when I return home in a few hours.
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2008, 10:56:34 AM »

I love the aesthetic. Grin Though I didn't see any dactils. Sad

Mazes are awesome. Smiley
« Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 10:59:12 AM by Melly » Logged

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
BobFM
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2008, 11:49:09 AM »

Yeah, there's no enemies yet. Working on that next. Glad to see other maze-lovers here Smiley

Doesn't look like I'll have a finished game by the deadline, so I'm going to take a few days and release a more polished version than I would have. It still won't be "finished", though. Not sure when I'll really feel like it's done. In a couple weeks, maybe.
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2008, 09:09:55 AM »

AWESOMESAUCE!
This is one of my favorite entries, although it's just a demo.
Only little problem is that maybe you could have reduced the filesize a bit. I'm sure you could have procedurally generated all that with less than 5 Mb (a real voice synthetizer would have been awesomesaucerer).
Please keep working on this.

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Pip
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2008, 03:25:26 PM »

I spent a good 20 minutes looking for dactyls  :D  WTF

But such an atmosphere! Kinda reminds me of Marble Madness, in a serene, detached way.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic