Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411710 Posts in 69402 Topics- by 58456 Members - Latest Member: FezzikTheGiant

May 20, 2024, 11:01:20 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsShuffle House
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Shuffle House  (Read 887 times)
Viperace
Level 0

View Profile
« on: July 29, 2016, 11:19:29 PM »

Hi all,

Shuffle House is a casual game about rearranging the layout of your client's house. They have different demands and so your job is to satisfy them as much as possible.

The game is intended to be released as on mobile for its swipe feature. The mock-up with temporary art looks something this

For myself, I am a hobbyist developer learning gamedev for past 4 years. Among all my past project, this is the one that I believe it is worth sharing. I hope by establishing a log, I would get some feedback and in the meantime track my progress better.

Smiley

« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 09:41:36 PM by Viperace » Logged
Viperace
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2016, 08:53:19 AM »

~26 days has past, with 6 days of vacation. Quite abit happened over the month, main achievement I have added since then

• Weather/Daynight Cycle/ Rain
  • Procedural Generated Level

There are also quite a number of things added but not up to the level I wanted them yet.
  • Finalized furniture arts
  • Finalized UI navigation

Have also contracted a freelancer to help with the furniture art, but sadly... the work not up to par and he decided to ask for more. I have to stop it.
Viperace
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2016, 09:43:35 PM »

Here are some pet animations. The pets are supposed to move around the room.

Thanks to Wenart whom I commissioned from Deviantart. He did a great job for those cute pts  Cheesy Panda
Viperace
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2016, 09:45:09 PM »

Besides the art, the progress made within the past few weeks are significant  Hand Thumbs Up Right
I did not realized it, but as I sit down and try to recall what have been achieved, hmm, quite a list.

• Game Mode - 100 Level Challenge
  • Game Mode - Unlimited Challenge
  • UI - Option Menu
  • Game Mode - Standard mission, 40% done... and is progressing fast

The furniture arts that were planned earlier are not completed sadly. I am holding it back for the moment to see how the overall artworks feel like.

In the next update, I will be aiming the complete the game as a MVP - MINIMUM VIALBE PRODUCT!  Mock Anger
That means the game will be released for ALPHA TEST as standalone .exe

Viperace
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2016, 02:10:42 AM »

Progress over the past two weeks
  • Tested the build on an actual iOS device (finally!)
  • Integration with GameSparks to handle leaderboard
  • Game mode is 80% done, left the hardest 5 level to be made
  • Finalizing the pets and characters art (thanks to Wenart hardwork)

The first two points are phenomenal to me.

I finally had my game installed on my iphone 6 ! I could have done this on day 1 but I didn't because I thought an Apple Developer license is needed. Think since 2015, X-code can build directly into the device. It looked and feel awesome in the phone!
The highscore leaderbaord could have been a side feature that is not important. Not to this game, I wanted to build in sense of competitiveness in the game. So, I took the trouble to research the platform that could help me host a leaderboard, GameSparks is the answer and it is great! Easy to learn, use and handle.

Well, I wanted a MVP in earlier post, I had one now in my device. I am still reluctant to share it out...  yet. Feels like there are still things to polish before I could share to my beta players (login, settings menu, high score board, place holder arts).

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic