Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411539 Posts in 69383 Topics- by 58439 Members - Latest Member: isabel.adojo

May 02, 2024, 07:50:55 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytesting(FEEDBACK-NEEDED) Bullet Hell : The game !
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: (FEEDBACK-NEEDED) Bullet Hell : The game !  (Read 880 times)
Whiteclaws
Level 10

#include <funny.h>

View Profile
« on: March 08, 2013, 05:28:43 PM »

The game is on Gamejolt !

http://gamejolt.com/games/shooter/bullet-hell/13135/

Fixed a lot of issues , thanks for all the feed back !

Hey guys,

My name is whiteclaws , I'm the CEO of WhiteclawsStudio and I make game using ... Erm ... Let's skip this crap and go right in the subject , shall we ?

So I made a game for GameJolt 9th Competition , it's my first one and I'm happy to present you
Bullet Hell ; The game ! ( Controls ; A/D/H !)

Before starting the babble ... here's the link !

I'm doing this with matwek , a very talented artist that lurks the TIGStreets ... A lot of you guys might know him ...

It's a game made in pretty much one week ... It's a bullet hell ( Captain obvious was here ! ) The main mechanic is that you can grow stronger by holding the H button but your collision box grows bigger too ... You need to get that boss health to 0 ...

There's an easy mode cheat but It's deactivated for the moment ...

Leave me some basic feedback and tell me if the difficulty is too hard , and if you get that white bar to 0 then tell me your time ...

Thanks for all , guys !

« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 09:46:37 AM by Whiteclaws » Logged
Jisho
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 09:57:15 AM »

Really wish there was sound and music, feels very sterile without it.

Going around in a circle can be kinda disorienting for a bullet hell compared to the usual horizontal or vertical movement.

It was nice to have check points.

Good art.

I quit the game when I got to the 2nd bullet pattern after the first check point. Take that as you will for difficulty. (Note I'm not an avid bullet hell player.)
Whiteclaws
Level 10

#include <funny.h>

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2013, 02:02:09 PM »

@Jisho , you can set the game to EASY by pressing "+"
Whiteclaws
Level 10

#include <funny.h>

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2013, 09:47:07 AM »

yeah ! bump !
aeveis
Level 0

some guy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2013, 11:12:53 AM »

Yeah, the check points were really nice. I played for about 10 min too, but I got stuck after the first checkpoint with the 2nd bullet pattern as well. Maybe if there was a check point right before that one/or make it easier (I'm not much of a bullet hell person either though)? I also tried pressing the + button but it doesn't seem to be doing anything?

The trade off with getting bigger doesn't really feel like it's affecting me that much - it's still around the same level of hardness in terms of dodging the bullets. Maybe think of ways where it's very easy to play when the ship is small and a lot harder to play but still possible to dodge all the bullets when the ship is larger? I tried making the ship smaller at the 2nd sequence after the first checkpoint but it didn't help me much.

Also, creating multiple posts for the same game is kind of confusing...
Whiteclaws
Level 10

#include <funny.h>

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2013, 11:33:31 AM »

Avis , that was me forgetting about my first post ;P

Play the game jolt version , there , the 2nd pattern is easier for yoiu and the easy mode is unlocked
Whiteclaws
Level 10

#include <funny.h>

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2013, 12:36:29 PM »

I'm in need of some ratings ,

Thanks for playing !
mysteriosum
Level 1

I just lost the game ;(

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2013, 01:49:14 PM »

This is definitely fun! I want to keep playing, but I just got to the first checkpoint and I've got to leave soon. So I've just got a couple of questions / comments:

At first, it wasn't clear to me that I could shrink if I stopped shooting. Once I figured this out, it became a much more natural experience, and I was pretty absorbed by it. Maybe put in the title screen 'Hold H to evolve, release to devolve'? I was ready to give up much earlier before I figured out this distinction.

I do have a qualm with the evolution mechanic itself. It works great - you're rewarded for being awesome, and it gives you a panic button type survival mechanism. My problem with it is that I don't understand WHY I grow when I shoot, and shrink when I don't. I like the word 'evolve' here, but I fail to see how it applies to a piece of technology like your ship. Maybe if the player controls some kind of Mutalisk, for example, the evolving thing becomes much less abstract.

All in all, very fun. You have something here!

Petey
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2013, 03:36:04 PM »

I played a little past the first checkpoint, here's my feedback:
- Pretty fun overall
- Difficulty ramps up pretty fast for me
- Want more incentive to rotate around the boss, maybe he's weaker if you get behind him, then he could also spin?
- Sometimes I wanted to make very small adjustments, but it felt like the minimum amount of movement I could make was too high
- The changing size and power is interesting

Cool game, keep up the good work!

Made Cannon Brawl - Worked on ABZÛ - Now making Kingdoms And Castles
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic