Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411578 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 05, 2024, 11:34:55 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingWIP: Legends of Yore
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Author Topic: WIP: Legends of Yore  (Read 16159 times)
kevglass
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: May 04, 2011, 04:47:37 AM »

Funny, I just this minute was reading to build up the todo list:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1668516/todo.txt

I've spent the last 2 days sorting out and optimizing for iPhone clients, thats done so back to features.

There are two special moves you can get at the moment:

Mighty Smash - when you rage meter is high enough and you get luck you'll do a might smash. Thats up to 2x damage.

Critical Hit - if you have waited long enough to get your zen up then you may score a critical hit. Thats up to 3x damage.

Thanks again for all the feedback so far mate, it's been great!

Kev

Del_Duio
Level 2

Supreme Omelettelord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: May 04, 2011, 05:44:15 AM »

One more: Selling leather armor at the magic shop is one of those weird things. It should be at the blacksmith IMO (you can sell other armor, like leather helmets there already). At first I thought you couldn't sell them at all until I tried selling them at Morin's joint.

DXF Games: Just a Cleric, Equin- The Lantern, Hasslevania, ODW, Neil Peart- Mission: The Camera Eye and more http://dxfgames.com
kevglass
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: May 06, 2011, 12:38:58 AM »

Just updated the site, android market, itunes (this may take some time) with the next version. There are details and change log are here:

http://blog.legendsofyore.com/?p=65

There's a lot of fixes and suggested new content, along with a rebalance of the game and some completely new features. The scripting system is starting to get used and hopefully it's generally more approachable now. I've also done quite a bit of work to get the game working on low end iOS devices (I'm testing against a iPod 2G atm).

I'd be really interested in any feedback,

Thanks,

Kev

Del_Duio
Level 2

Supreme Omelettelord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: May 06, 2011, 03:38:39 AM »

You can talk to the NPCs just by clicking on them, you don't have to go right up to them anymore. I don't know if that's a bug or not.

Saw a priest on level 1 of the main dungeon, great idea but it's unlimited healing. How about making it a 1 shot deal with a "HEAL ME" and "NO THANKS" option so you don't have to get healed by him to exit that little pop up window?

The guy still disappears when you're moving towards an enemy and a skeleton archer is firing at you. It must have something to do with the arrows / arrow code.

I don't think it makes any blood splash when you do a mighty smash now.

EDIT: Is there any benefit to equipping a sword since it's ATK 0? Could you just sell it for meat money and smash monsters up with your fists instead?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 04:04:26 AM by Del_Duio » Logged

DXF Games: Just a Cleric, Equin- The Lantern, Hasslevania, ODW, Neil Peart- Mission: The Camera Eye and more http://dxfgames.com
kevglass
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: May 06, 2011, 04:09:00 AM »

Ooh, couple of bugs there, I'll get them.

Fighting with bare hands is about 1/2 as effective as with any weapon.

Kev

Del_Duio
Level 2

Supreme Omelettelord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: May 06, 2011, 04:27:35 AM »

Aw shit dude, I got my guy to level 5, quit, fired it back up to play again and it doesn't list my saved game  Sad

I do like how you lowered the experience per level, that will make getting him back to level 5 a lot easier but still that's a big error I don't know what happened.

kevglass
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: May 06, 2011, 04:33:29 AM »

One sec, I'll upload a fix to get your level back. (assuming it hasn't saved the blank)

Kev

kevglass
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: May 06, 2011, 04:49:42 AM »

Ok, I've uploaded a new version.Assuming the game hasn't already been overwritten it'll restore it.

I've address a couple of issues at the same time. I can't seem to reproduce the disappearing character with arrows tho, what platform you playing on (still standalone?).

Kev

Del_Duio
Level 2

Supreme Omelettelord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: May 06, 2011, 05:19:00 AM »

Ok, I've uploaded a new version.Assuming the game hasn't already been overwritten it'll restore it.

I've address a couple of issues at the same time. I can't seem to reproduce the disappearing character with arrows tho, what platform you playing on (still standalone?).

Kev

Great thanks that would be a big help. I'm playing the standalone .exe on Win XP Professional Edition or whatever it is haha.

The bug showed up like this today: I opened a door and there was a normal melee enemy and a skeleton archer in the room (the archer was further away). I clicked on the archer to go and get him but the melee enemy moves to intercept me and I disappeared. Almost like I was occupying the same tile as him but only he was visible (and I could still hit him too). I estimate this bug has happened 5-8 times so far.

I also sent you an email on your gmail acct with some more ideas and stuff for your consideration.

kevglass
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: May 06, 2011, 05:53:47 AM »

Got it! Thanks Smiley

Kev

Del_Duio
Level 2

Supreme Omelettelord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: May 06, 2011, 11:27:22 AM »

Okay, I think I may have gone everywhere there is to go right now let me see:

*Town & town dungeon
*Cemetary south of town & dungeon
*Wilds 1 screen north of town & the undead dungeon
*Desert west of said northern wilds and the town to the west of that that begins with an "S"
*The far northern wastelands with the bears and the dungeon there
*The town to the east of the wastelands

Very cool game of course, however some of the level restrictions on items are still too high I think. I had my longsword (atk +2, level restriction is 6) for a long time and have played this for about 4-5 hours and am still only level 7. Just recently I stumbled across a mace (atk +3, level restriction is 10) in a chest. I need about 30K more exp to reach level 8 and then the way the leveling is handled it looks like my "Next Lv" mark will double, meaning I'll likely need 64K EXP and 128K EXP after that just to hit level 10. If that's the case that's just an insane amount of time to level on the current enemies just to get a slightly better weapon at +1 atk strength.

The vampires in the undead dungeon shoot fireballs that are unavoidable and almost machinegun-like in their rate of fire and never miss (unlike arrows some enemies shoot at you). I don't have the exact amount but it looks like they are worth about 300 EXP when killed. I think the cyclops is worth 500 EXP or so and those are much, much easier to take down. This makes vampires too hard and the risk vs. reward is not too hot if a fireball spell is the only drop (which is the wizard's starting spell anyhow and would've had it for hours before even getting up to this dungeon).

My favorite class turns out to be the sturdy warrior and even so that undead dungeon is extremely hard. Even with 10+ blue potions going in I can only make it to the 4th floor before having to town portal out of there. I can't imagine a wizard trying to survive that place for more than 2 seconds before a slew of mummies, vamps, or dogs gets him!

I bought 37 blue potions at that wasteland town, and will do back into the undead dungeon just to see if I can make it, however please think about lowering some of the game's level restrictions since it's so hard to gain levels from 6+

Thanks kev!

Del_Duio
Level 2

Supreme Omelettelord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: May 09, 2011, 05:54:54 AM »

Okay, just played through the latest update (401):

*The guard portrait in the wasteland town doesn't match the sprites that block the way to the palace.

*There's a layering issue with the map where scrolling the rooms are on top of the horizontal yellow lines.

*Did you tweak the accuracy of enemy fireballs because it seems like I survive a lot more vs. vampires and ettin mages now in the new update. If you did, good job as it helps a lot.

*The northern undead dungeon's a lot smaller now, which is cool, however I went in a few times and didn't win any kind of notable loot. I don't know if it's just really rare or if you're planning on adding more later but versus such tough enemies it'd be cool to have better odds to get better stuff here.

*Related, the wasteland dungeon with the Ettins and Goblins is really awesome and I've been playing a lot in there with this new update. However the loot trend rears it's ugly head in this place. For starters, this is a large dungeon (at least 5 floors, I don't know if there's more as I had to evac) and at best I'm getting 1 or 2 pieces of meat from barrels or chests every now and then. Not too bad, except for all the devils and ettin mages and imps the further down you go. Like the old undead dungeon there should be some chance to get the best healing item in the game (so far), the blue potion.

*Another thing is that I've killed a shitload of goblin warriors and devils but they never drop anything at all. Not healing potions, food, or even money. Should they have a small chance to drop something like meat, a red potion, money, or perhaps a Goblin Axe?  Wink

Del_Duio
Level 2

Supreme Omelettelord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: May 09, 2011, 09:14:21 AM »

Finally hit level 10 and put that mace on.

Looking at my 'to next level' score, please don't make too many items with level 11 requirements  Screamy

kevglass
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: May 09, 2011, 09:32:32 AM »

Need a new calculation for the next level don't I Smiley

Kev

Del_Duio
Level 2

Supreme Omelettelord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: May 09, 2011, 11:33:29 AM »

Need a new calculation for the next level don't I Smiley

Kev

How about this when the guy levels up:

New to Next Level = Int(Current to Next Level * 1.6)

And start it at 500, and set your current EXP to 0 when you level. That'd give you:

For level 2: 500
For level 3: 800
For level 4: 1280
For level 5: 2048
For level 6: 3277
For level 7: 5243
For level 8: 8389
For level 9: 13422
For level 10: 21475
For level 11: 34360
For level 12: 54976
For level 13: 87962
For level 14: 140739
For level 15: 225182

This would be good if you're planning on having character in LoY reach Diablo-like levels of 80 or 90 eventually and a level 10 item cap would be no problem. Using this table, my warrior would be level 15 right now instead of level 10  Smiley

Ichigo Jam
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 10, 2011, 02:07:07 AM »

And start it at 500, and set your current EXP to 0 when you level. That'd give you:

You need to be careful with multiplying like that if you're thinking of high level numbers - with the above math it would take 4,169,900,743,329,686,528 XPs to get to level 80 from level 79.  Smiley

I think most games reduce the rate at which the XP requirement increases later in the game. (Which makes sense, since usually the gameplay difference between level 1 and level 10 is a lot more significant than the difference between level 70 and level 80.)
Del_Duio
Level 2

Supreme Omelettelord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: May 10, 2011, 03:07:21 AM »

You need to be careful with multiplying like that if you're thinking of high level numbers - with the above math it would take 4,169,900,743,329,686,528 XPs to get to level 80 from level 79. 

See so it WOULD be like Diablo 2  Corny Laugh

I was mostly thinking on having the early levels be easier to obtain since the basic leather glove and helmet are level 4 requirements and the north passasge is blocked for all of those under level 6.

Kevglass: Love what you did with the southern cemetary btw! I noticed I had completely missed the leather glove so I went back down there to grab one and saw you added a 3rd floor with bone guards and (more importantly) blue potion possibilities. It's a much MUCH easier place to get the potions than the northern dungeons for my guy and it sure beats spending $3000 on them too. I used that cemetery to farm for them and now I have 80 something in which to try the Ettin dungeon again.  Noir

kevglass
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: May 13, 2011, 12:44:01 AM »

The new iOS version is on the AppStore. It contains a lot of new fixes and a support for the old iOS handsets (I tested on iPod Touch 2nd Gen). Looks like its about a week lag time to get it up there, so the iOS version will lag about a week behind the releases I make to the web, android and desktop version.

If you think thats not fair (I do), don't hesitate in letting Apple know!

iTunes link:

http://itunes.apple.com/app/legends-of-yore/id434205569?mt=8

You may need to wait for the various worldwide appstores to update.

Kev

kevglass
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: May 19, 2011, 04:50:41 AM »

The new version has just been uploaded to the website (http://www.legendsofyore.com), Android Market and the iTunes Store (this will take a few days to approve). It contains a lot more quests, items and areas to explore - lots of new features and a host of bug fixes.

You can read the changelog as it goes here: http://www.legendsofyore.com/changelog.php

Really enjoying getting the feedback and sorting the game out, so any more comments/issues are always richly appreciated either here, or through the game's forums.

Cheers,

Kev

kevglass
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: May 24, 2011, 12:48:25 PM »

The new version (499) is available iTunes, it contains loads of fixes, new quests and lots more content.

Kev

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic