Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411576 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 05, 2024, 04:12:14 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingTaijou - challenging platformer [2-Stage WIP Demo]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Taijou - challenging platformer [2-Stage WIP Demo]  (Read 1107 times)
tijit
Level 0

View Profile
« on: June 19, 2011, 07:49:14 AM »

Demo release trailer:

Download page:
http://tijital-games.com/game.php?game=Taijou%20%282%20Stage%20WIP%20Demo%29

Taijou is a dude. He wears a space helmet and shoots stuff. Killing enemies gives you points, which you can spend upgrading the character with new weapons and abilities. Like homing shurikens.

The main reason I'm releasing a demo at this point is as a plea for help - it has a decent amount of gameplay, but the game doesn't look very good, and it has no music. What would be the best way to get a pixel artist and a vg music composer to help me make this into something really great?

(Also, if the trailer looks like the gameplay will be too overwhelming there are easier difficulty modes to play on)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 12:10:13 AM by tijit » Logged

tijitalise
ambinate
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2011, 08:59:42 AM »

haha good lord that looks absolutely outrageous.  i wouldn't be able to handle that difficulty setting for even a second.  it looks good, though, and it seems like there's nice variety in the types of threats you're throwing at players.  really cool stuff.  what kind of music are you looking for?

tijit
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2011, 05:00:45 PM »

I'm sorta leaning towards electronic chiptune-influenced sorta stuff, but I'm not really certain at this point. I just kinda want *something* because music can add so much to a game.

tijitalise
Theon
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2011, 07:36:02 AM »

A... bullethell PLATFORMER!?
That is fucking genious!

I think I have to give it a go!
ambinate
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2011, 11:13:55 AM »

I'm sorta leaning towards electronic chiptune-influenced sorta stuff, but I'm not really certain at this point. I just kinda want *something* because music can add so much to a game.

right on.  i don't have a ton of experience with stuff like that, but i'm looking to get some practice writing for games.  is it cool if i try writing a short chiptuney sample for you maybe this week or something and send it your way?  if it ends up sounding like shit you can totally reject it, no hard feelings, haha.

tijit
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2011, 09:09:18 PM »

Yeah, that would be great, thanks! Can we continue this over email? You can contact me at tijitalgames AT gmail.com

tijitalise
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic