Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411595 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: FightingFoxGame

May 07, 2024, 03:46:49 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsOffering Paid Work[PAID] Unique Character Style for Martial Artist Strategy Game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [PAID] Unique Character Style for Martial Artist Strategy Game  (Read 818 times)
IronNinja
Level 0

View Profile
« on: October 10, 2015, 11:25:41 AM »

Greetings—

We are now working on our second title — a 2.5d hex-based martial arts strategy game. Each player choses an ancient warrior (typically a martial artist or fantasy styled character) with each of them being a disciple of an elemental path (Samurai for Fire, Ninja for Illusion, Monk with Earth, Ronin with Mind, etc). With each level up during the game, they gain more and more of an aura related to their element (which will be a mesh particle effect) — but when they peak to their max level, they become an elemental version of the their path and are essentially a deity that wrecks havoc in the game.

What we’re looking to do is engage an artist in two phases:

1) We want to get a “look and feel” of the characters from the first character we mutually work through and solidify the art direction from there. This character won’t be complex with regard to mesh (low-mid poly) or rigging (must be generic biped), BUT it does need to have a stand out style to it. What we’d really like is something that really sets the characters apart in their shape, shader style, and/or texture. (NOTE: We’re building this in Unity, so extra bonus if you are already familiar with the new system of rendering for Unity 5)

2) We want to carry that style through to the remaining 11 characters.

—————————

Phase 1:
For this first part, I’m posting an existing screen shot of our stand in models for this game (see above). It’s actually very close to the mesh simplicity we’re looking for (2500-3000 polys). But per my point above, I’d like to see if we can make it more original and establish a more unique art direction.

• Again, all characters have an element associated with them, so like Mortal Kombat characters such as Sub Zero, they will have an accent color that associates with the element. (Blue for water/ice, red for fire, green for life, etc.)

• Almost every character wields a weapon.

• While the characters attached (see below) look similar with regard to ninja-esque garb, they are mainly included for general look. We’re not attached to any particular arrangement of clothes, just the appearance they are masters of their field.

—————————

Please PM me your portfolio link and estimate for this first phase scope of work.

Cheers!

Graz73
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2015, 06:24:05 AM »

Sounds like a great assignment!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic