Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411659 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58452 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 16, 2024, 01:38:15 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesHOLY SHIT GUYS MULTIWINIA
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: HOLY SHIT GUYS MULTIWINIA  (Read 9973 times)
shinygerbil
Blew Blow (Loved It)
Level 10

GET off your horse

View Profile WWW
« on: September 20, 2008, 05:02:58 PM »

Beer!

Who else has it? It's good stuff. (and hasn't been frontpaged yet >_>)

Grab the demo and give the singleplayer a whirl...honestly, it's actually much better than it looks Smiley

Then buy it and get pwnt by my several months' beta testing experience :D

olücæbelel
ChevyRay
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2008, 05:16:48 PM »

I agree, this needs to be frontpag'd. Gonna get the demo now. Damn you and your beta testing experience Cool But we'll see. Oh we'll see.

And for people who have no idea what we're talking about: http://www.introversion.co.uk/multiwinia/
Radnom
Level 8

BANNED

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2008, 05:56:58 PM »

Sadly Darwinia runs like treacle on my machine, and my internet connection is too slow to play games online.

I mean, I still bought Multiwinia. I just can't play it until I get a decent PC.  Cry

JFizzleisBACK
BANNED
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2008, 01:51:16 AM »

I know this has been said many times before, but Introversion is so not indie. Just look at this comment on indiegamer:

I currently work for Introversion and they were aware that I make my own games at night and had that built into the contract for me. I also make all of my own game dealings totally transparent so that they can feel safe that I am not treading on any of their territory or competing against them. The same was true of Lionhead when I worked there and to some extent EA except in EA's case it was a kind of declare up front what you have done rather than what you are working on. I did manage to get a special clause written into the contract again and that was a lengthy process of dealing with their lawyers in Chicago and the only stumbling block in the process was that any project of my own I worked on had to have a name - something I don't tend to do till the very end Smiley

This dude works for the man... And that man is Introversion. Technically they're about as independent as Bungie Studios.

And then of course their slogan "The last of the bedroom programmers" couldn't be more false. It claims 3 things, none of which are true. They aren't the last, they aren't working in their bedrooms, and only like, a 3rd of them are actually programmers. They might as well call themselves "The First of the Jewish Nazis" and it would be just as accurate.
ChevyRay
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2008, 02:12:05 AM »

Yeah, ok man :D
Annabelle Kennedy
Awesomesauce
Level 8

♥Android Love♥

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2008, 02:12:08 AM »

jfizzle i really want to like everyone and always try really hard to find at least one thing i like about every one despite their shortcomings.. really. i really do.

sometimes.. even i find it difficult.  this is one of those times.
ChevyRay
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2008, 02:12:56 AM »

Gentleman
JFizzleisBACK
BANNED
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2008, 03:10:16 AM »

jfizzle i really want to like everyone and always try really hard to find at least one thing i like about every one despite their shortcomings.. really. i really do.

sometimes.. even i find it difficult.  this is one of those times.

Yeah it's hard for me to like Introversion too, what with all the lies and scandals and whatnot.

Naw, just kiddin.

Just gimme 2 minutes alone with you baby. You'll like me then...trust me.  Wink *points fingers and makes clicking noise with tongue*
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 03:21:47 AM by JFizzleisBACK » Logged
Powergloved Andy
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2008, 03:18:05 AM »

Yeah it's hard for me to like Introversion too, what with all the lies and scandals and whatnot.

Naw, just kiddin.

Just gimme 2 minutes alone with you baby. You'll like me then...trust me.  Wink

This is an indie gaming forum, not the bloody Splish-Splash club.
shinygerbil
Blew Blow (Loved It)
Level 10

GET off your horse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2008, 03:51:04 AM »

I know this has been said many times before, but Introversion is so not indie. Just look at this comment on indiegamer:

I currently work for Introversion and they were aware that I make my own games at night and had that built into the contract for me. I also make all of my own game dealings totally transparent so that they can feel safe that I am not treading on any of their territory or competing against them. The same was true of Lionhead when I worked there and to some extent EA except in EA's case it was a kind of declare up front what you have done rather than what you are working on. I did manage to get a special clause written into the contract again and that was a lengthy process of dealing with their lawyers in Chicago and the only stumbling block in the process was that any project of my own I worked on had to have a name - something I don't tend to do till the very end Smiley

This dude works for the man... And that man is Introversion. Technically they're about as independent as Bungie Studios.

And then of course their slogan "The last of the bedroom programmers" couldn't be more false. It claims 3 things, none of which are true. They aren't the last, they aren't working in their bedrooms, and only like, a 3rd of them are actually programmers. They might as well call themselves "The First of the Jewish Nazis" and it would be just as accurate.

I claimed once on IRC that Introversion were the subject of much misguided hate in the indie games community; I was happily proven wrong. Thank you for proving me right, but I wish you hadn't.

olücæbelel
seregrail7
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2008, 05:35:52 AM »

Back to the topic at hand, Miltiwinia is absolutely brilliant. The short game lengths are a great idea, they make it really easy to get a quick game in. The modes are really well thought out, and just fun. The crate drops are probably the icing on the cake, they are what they should be, huge wildcards. I once got one near my spawn that infected everyone there with the plague, and that was me done for the rest of the game since everyone new spawning was getting the plague. But it doesn't matter because another game is just a few minutes away.
jstckr
Level 7

ilu

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2008, 05:55:11 AM »

Multiwinia sucks at being played by me. Yeah I shift the blame like that.

muku
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2008, 06:26:45 AM »

Any experiences yet on whether hardware requirements are steeper than for Darwinia?
shinygerbil
Blew Blow (Loved It)
Level 10

GET off your horse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2008, 07:49:16 AM »

Yes, they are. There are usually many more multiwinians on screen than there ever were in Darwinia, and a lot more trees too. Generally just a lot more going on, what with all the constant shooting and burning and exploding. Grin

It is awesome fun, nonetheless - crate drops are indeed very well thought out, bringing exactly the right level of risk and reward, and the right amount of extra pandemonium. And Introversion will hopefully be bringing out a patch in the near future with all the 'essential' extras, such as lobby chat, spectator mode and so on - so no need to be discouraged like some people are Smiley

olücæbelel
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2008, 01:33:01 PM »

Naw, just kiddin.

Just gimme 2 minutes alone with you baby. You'll like me then...trust me.  Wink *points fingers and makes clicking noise with tongue*

Bye.
Renton
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2008, 01:57:01 PM »

TIGers have a way of avoiding nasty conversations. One Spinal Tap response to the inflammatory post and the rest just ignore the thing.

Regardless, thank you Derek for banning the disrespectful git.

Returning to the topic, Darwinia rocked my pants, alas, my computer is as old as ENIAC itself and barely runs Darwinia, let alone Multiwinia.
deadeye
First Manbaby Home
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2008, 01:57:45 PM »

Ugh, gross.  That's not how a gentleman treats a lady.  You probably shoulda stayed banned in the first place.  Let's hope it stays that way.

Also, lollin' at this, but not for the reasons you might hope.

tweet tweet @j_younger
MekanikDestructiwKommando
Level 3

Let's ROCK!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2008, 05:53:23 PM »

Anyone in Australia (or live in weird waking hours)? I'd like to try this out  Smiley

There have always been interactive experiences that go beyond entertainment.  For example, if mafia games are too fun for you, then you can always join the mafia.
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2008, 12:45:54 PM »

Oh god, what a creep.

Corpus
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2008, 02:21:46 PM »

What the--? Who talks like that? What a dick.

As for Multiwinia, I may well get it once it's been released on Mac.
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic