Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411669 Posts in 69397 Topics- by 58452 Members - Latest Member: homina

May 16, 2024, 10:24:32 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesMonsters' Den: Book of Dread - Essentially a New Version of Fastcrawl, in Flash
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Monsters' Den: Book of Dread - Essentially a New Version of Fastcrawl, in Flash  (Read 2514 times)
Philosophical Gamer
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: October 24, 2008, 05:37:24 AM »

Hello ladies and gentlemen,  I wanted to pop on by these forums and let the folks over here at TIGSource know about my new blog, Philosophical Gamer, and particularly wanted to mention the latest post, about Monsters' Den: Book of Dread.  Essentially I feel that the game is an updated version of Fastcrawl, which has created a new sort of 'lite party-based RPG' division within the RPG genre.

I also have posts on the blog about obscure, innovative roguelikes, and I'm building a page over time which generally focuses on obscure, quality games.

I wanted to let the folks here know about it not only because these are great games, but also because it is one of the first steps in my amassing fame and fortune in my bid to spread knowledge of all things games-related.

The blog focuses on old school games, linux games, indie games, and general gaming topics, among other things.  I hope it's worth a look.  Peace.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 05:48:56 AM by Philosophical Gamer » Logged

PhilosophicalGamer.com Blog - Spreading the knowledge of indie games, linux games, old school games, and other interesting gaming topics.  Featuring obscure games.  Come by and un-bored yourself.
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 06:26:10 AM »

This is a bit... pimpin'...

Philosophical Gamer
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2008, 06:35:25 AM »

I've been a gamer for 25 years, surely it's okay to spread the word about a blog with good info on games around the net?  I'm not trying to persuade you to the dark side of the force or anything.   Beer!  Have a beer

PhilosophicalGamer.com Blog - Spreading the knowledge of indie games, linux games, old school games, and other interesting gaming topics.  Featuring obscure games.  Come by and un-bored yourself.
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2008, 06:40:53 AM »

Just, people round here don't like it when it seems like you've signed up for the sole purpose of promoting something you made.

Philosophical Gamer
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2008, 06:51:29 AM »

I can understand that, part of the indie spirit is anti-consumerist in a way, which I can appreciate.  I didn't expect this to be an issue but I suppose it should be expected that it could be.

Just know that I've been into indie games for the last 2-3 years, I run only Ubuntu linux and axed my Windows partition awhile back because I don't like what MS stands for, and I am pretty much opposed to buying mainstream games, as big publishing houses are putting a major damper on gaming in general with the direction in which they are taking the industry.

I'm all about the indie spirit, and I don't believe that that means that if I make a site which is devoted to these kinds of games, I shouldn't tell anyone about it.  I can appreciate that I did just join the forums and post about the blog, but I'm doing it because I want people to know about the games and to discuss what I've written about, because I find gaming interesting, and I especially find discussing games interesting.

My first post was a bit over the top.  It does sound like I'm selling the site, and in a way I was, but I'm not posting ads to be a tool or anything, I just want people here to know about the site and participate, as I dig indie games and TIGSource is a major indie site.  Don't know what else to say.

Edit: I should note too that I started the blog like 5 days ago and it's already been linked to on the main pages of rpgcodex.com and rpgwatch.com, two major gaming sites, (which was a huge surprise) so it's worth visiting.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 08:22:26 AM by Philosophical Gamer » Logged

michael
Pixelhead
Level 10

yo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2008, 07:33:48 AM »

oh well, now is the time where you get to prove to us that you didnt just come to promote and run. those are some nifty games, and i look forward to hearing about more. but if you do disappear in to the woods, then i also look forward to a good witch hunt!  Evil lets hope you dont weigh as much as a duck!

you rob the bank, i'll rob stewart
Philosophical Gamer
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2008, 07:55:45 AM »

Smiley  Yes, clearly I need to learn how to go about this whole site promotion thing.  Perhaps 'low key' is the answer.  I'm just excited about how the blog is doing.

I follow a lot of different gaming forums and sites, encompassing the whole of gaming culture, as it's good to see the industry/game design/gaming from every angle, even if I do prefer the older school of gaming and the innovation of the indie scene.

I clearly made a faux pas in posting in such a commercial way, I'd hope I wouldn't be tarred and feathered for it, but if I am that will be fun too.  But it would be good if that happened if the thread got deleted. Bad PR.  Smiley  They do say that any PR is good PR, but I don't know if that's true.  In any case, as long as they don't start bringing out the scales, all is well.

So, how about that Monsters' Den?  Well, hello there!

agj
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2008, 05:54:23 PM »

See guys? This is why I think that a specific thread for newly registered members to promote their stuff would be a good idea. It'd be like the 'introduce yourself' thread but about plugging stuff.

michael
Pixelhead
Level 10

yo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2008, 08:34:43 PM »

i'll second that

you rob the bank, i'll rob stewart
Guert
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2008, 12:13:41 PM »

Something in the lines of Annoucements?

jeb
Level 5

Bling bling

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2008, 12:58:33 AM »

Your game has already been front-paged at TIGSource...

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic