Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411664 Posts in 69396 Topics- by 58452 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 16, 2024, 05:20:49 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesNew Star Soccer 4
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: New Star Soccer 4  (Read 1906 times)
Movius
« on: October 30, 2008, 07:46:28 AM »

So is anyone else eagerly awaiting Today's (October 31) supposed release of New Star Soccer 4?

NSS3 was one of my favourite games for ages. I had great fun raising my player from a lonely bench player in the pakistan 2nd division with an alcohol problem to starring in the UEFA champions league, scoring 9 goals in a game for Australia against Fiji, dating a woman with a love for 'homely things' and having multi-million dollar endorsement deals. Also I got to choose the colour of my boots.

Additionally few games manage the poetic elegance of dialogue like "You have not been selected for Today's game. Manager relationship low, visibly drunk."

The NSS4 match engine prototype released a while ago seemed a bit clumsy, however the

left me with new hope and NSS3 improved dramatically over several versions anyway. I only hope NSS4 will let me recreate Adelaide United's Asian Champions League/Club World Cup run.
Movius
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2008, 08:21:48 AM »

Well I've been playing it pretty obsessively today after purchasing it last night. It is much improved over the beta engine and even last weeks pre-release demo, though whether it will live up to NSS3 is another matter.

The main difference is that NSS4 now has a crazy amount of detail in it, comparable to Football manager games. You even have to select which nations to fully simulate (up to 12), just like in FM. These are the only leagues you can play in, which is a bit of a shame, because I had great fun in NSS3 rising from Pakistan National League to Faroe Islands division 2 and so on.

Sadly my game has fallen victim to a bug. I moved from "Moami FC" in the "USL Forst Division" to "Berrow" in "Cunference National" on August 9th 2008. The game is now stuck eternally waiting to play Berrow's next fixture on August 8th 2008
Movius
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2008, 12:09:57 AM »

I knew a girl named $girlname once
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic