Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411665 Posts in 69396 Topics- by 58452 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 16, 2024, 06:55:34 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesHOLY SHIT GUYS SPECTROMANCER
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: HOLY SHIT GUYS SPECTROMANCER  (Read 12659 times)
team_q
Level 10

Divide by everything is fine and nothing is wrong.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2008, 06:26:38 AM »

How is the tech deck?

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
battlerager
Level 10

I resent that statement.

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2008, 06:32:02 AM »

How is the tech deck?
Mechanic?

I don't like it that much.
team_q
Level 10

Divide by everything is fine and nothing is wrong.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2008, 06:41:12 AM »

lame-o that one kinda held the most sway over me.

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
battlerager
Level 10

I resent that statement.

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2008, 06:50:28 AM »

lame-o that one kinda held the most sway over me.

I mean, that Dwarfen Rifleman that costs 2 Mana is pretty great, and the "Cannonade" is cool, but other than that, I don't find the cards that useful.

"Holy" is pretty great, too, and when using "Illusion" you hopefully get to use the "Phantom Warrior", who is waaaay useful  Beer!
Don Andy
Level 10

Andreas Kämper, Dandy, Tophat Andy

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2008, 07:51:00 AM »

I might just tremendously suck, but I think the game has a few balance issues :T
Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2008, 08:42:54 AM »

I might just tremendously suck, but I think the game has a few balance issues :T

i've found it pretty balanced, even if some cards are very powerful there's almost always a way to counterattack or limit them, you need to look at your enemy points to see what is going on, if there's a stat that he never use you need to expect a powerful spell or card on the next turns Tongue

How is the tech deck?

i like it! i've won few matches using it too, there's an awesome Cannon creature that damages by 10 points the enemy card with higher life points, and it attack too!
Also those ornichopters are very cheap and dangerous, they damage every single enemy on the field by +2 every turn! so using two or three of them makes 4-6 damage to all the enemy cards every turn... and there's also a powerful tank with a lot of life and +10 of damage

<Powergloved_Andy> I once fapped to Dora the Explorer
Don Andy
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2008, 11:06:01 AM »

i've found it pretty balanced, even if some cards are very powerful there's almost always a way to counterattack or limit them, you need to look at your enemy points to see what is going on, if there's a stat that he never use you need to expect a powerful spell or card on the next turns Tongue

I battled a Cleric online once and seriously that dude was just unfair, even if there were probably possibilities to counter them (and if you know a strategy, please let me know  :D ). He basically "spammed" Master Healers, which resulted in pretty much only a bunch of my creatures doing damage AT ALL and on top of that, when I finally had him down on like 12HP he casts this Earth regeneration spell and is back on 50. How am I supposed to counter shit like that? Even saving my whole Air Mana and then casting that lightning bolt thing didn't bring him back down that much.
Also, he had Astral Guards. SERIOUSLY.
On top of that, he had Holy, which caused him to spam Monks like crazy resulting into him spamming the Wrath thingy (that deals 20 damage to creatures) a lot. Oh, and Paladins. Good times.

But I like the game, even when I suck at it :D

Also, I mostly play mechanical. Useful or not, I dig the mechanical stuff.
battlerager
Level 10

I resent that statement.

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 06, 2008, 04:34:13 PM »

Don Andy, what's your name on Spectromancer?  Well, hello there!
KennEH!
Level 10

"What, me worry!?!"

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 06, 2008, 06:15:43 PM »

Ugh... unless it's me, this game is sucky. I need customization in my card games. Why? That's part of the strategy, each deck has those cards that suck nuts, your opponent could get a really nice setup and you crap. Doesn't help at all that in Campaign mode your opponents keep their setup so they can have all the rape combos all the time.

Madness takes its toll please have exact change.
Skofo
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 06, 2008, 08:36:16 PM »

Ugh... unless it's me, this game is sucky. I need customization in my card games. Why? That's part of the strategy, each deck has those cards that suck nuts, your opponent could get a really nice setup and you crap. Doesn't help at all that in Campaign mode your opponents keep their setup so they can have all the rape combos all the time.
Yeah, that was my main issue with this too.
Customizing your decks is half the fun of card games.

If you wish to make a video game from scratch, you must first invent the universe.
Don Andy
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 06, 2008, 11:29:12 PM »

Don Andy, what's your name on Spectromancer?  Well, hello there!

Xevat's the name.
Renton
« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2008, 07:24:46 AM »

It was surprisingly fun. Will keep playing.
Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2008, 04:00:37 PM »

Yeah, that was my main issue with this too.
Customizing your decks is half the fun of card games.

you can't do anything on castlewars, at least you can choose your class here, in the demo you can only choose cleric but there's a lot of other stuff..
I agree on the fact that customizing the deck is nice, but as it is it helps to keep the game almost balanced, it's a lot more difficult to do a balanced card game with deck customization, even Magic isn't balanced at all, but it hides the problem with tons of cards

brog
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2008, 04:10:54 PM »

I agree on the fact that customizing the deck is nice, but as it is it helps to keep the game almost balanced, it's a lot more difficult to do a balanced card game with deck customization, even Magic isn't balanced at all, but it hides the problem with tons of cards

Because what, having cards of vastly differing power levels, sometimes getting the good ones and other times being stuck with the bad ones, that's balanced?

Having customisation is a self-balancing mechanism.  Perhaps Magic isn't completely balanced, but if you let everyone choose their own deck from the same set of cards then at least it's fair.
Don Andy
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 07, 2008, 04:14:42 PM »

I think the problem is that this isn't a TRADING card game where creating your own decks based on your own cards is common but a normal card game, where everybody gets cards from the same pool of cards.

I haven't heard of deck customization in Uno either. Sometimes you're lucky and get a good hand, sometimes you just aren't.
brog
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: November 07, 2008, 04:26:09 PM »

I haven't heard of deck customization in Uno either. Sometimes you're lucky and get a good hand, sometimes you just aren't.

Would you say Uno is balanced?
I think it is not.  But the lack of balance does not spoil the enjoyment of the game.
In Spectromancer, it does for me.  I found I had to repeatedly try battles in the campaign until I ended up with a good hand, and then I could have a chance to win.

I'm happy for games of strategy to have elements of chance, but in this the effect of chance seems to be too great, having more of an effect than any strategic decisions I was making.  Perhaps this is a lack of understanding on my part, but if so then I blame the campaign for not teaching me properly.
Skofo
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 07, 2008, 05:07:20 PM »

Would you say Uno is balanced?
I think it is not.  But the lack of balance does not spoil the enjoyment of the game.
In Spectromancer, it does for me.  I found I had to repeatedly try battles in the campaign until I ended up with a good hand, and then I could have a chance to win.

I'm happy for games of strategy to have elements of chance, but in this the effect of chance seems to be too great, having more of an effect than any strategic decisions I was making.  Perhaps this is a lack of understanding on my part, but if so then I blame the campaign for not teaching me properly.
Nah it's completely not your fault. The first few times I played against Flora on Very Hard mode I lost by an inch and then in one game I got that cheap old fairy Air card that healed you by the amount of your Earth points whenever you summoned it. I never used my Earth points. Needless to say, I obliterated Flora.

If you wish to make a video game from scratch, you must first invent the universe.
Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: November 08, 2008, 09:08:35 AM »

Nah it's completely not your fault. The first few times I played against Flora on Very Hard mode I lost by an inch and then in one game I got that cheap old fairy Air card that healed you by the amount of your Earth points whenever you summoned it. I never used my Earth points. Needless to say, I obliterated Flora.

that flora is easy to beat, it's true that luck is a component of the game but a good player can do a lot even with "bad" cards, also the cards aren't completely random, there's no possibility for you to have only cheap \ weak cards because they are sorted by power, so you can always build a strategy,  sometimes you can just heal yourself a lot and crush the enemy by the power of things sometimes you can't and you have to kill him fast.

The demo shows almost the 50% of the i.a. power, try to fight versus Archmage on very hard on single duel (but i think you need the full version), also the best stuff are undubtly the multiplayer duels

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic