Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411658 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58451 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 15, 2024, 08:18:54 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesHOLY SHIT GUYS, SUPER OBAMA WORLD!
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: HOLY SHIT GUYS, SUPER OBAMA WORLD!  (Read 8062 times)
GregWS
Level 10

a module, repeatable in any direction and rotation

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2008, 06:10:34 PM »

This even got mentioned on the BBC.  THE BBC!!!

Really, if this is all it takes to get on the BBC (and get all the global exposure that comes with that), then I think TIGS should have a "Get onto the BBC" compo; maybe even the compo itself would get on the BBC and we could bask in our new found global street cred (Well, to be fair, we already have a lot of global street cred from our awesomely diverse forum, but you guys know what I mean).
neon
Level 10

DOHOHOHOHO

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2008, 08:26:41 PM »

hey architekt, it's called the INDEPENDENT gaming source for a reason.

Wink

i might have just gotten blindsided by a huge bout of sarcasm, so if so,  Embarrassed

george
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2008, 08:36:30 PM »

I'm not about taking the I out of the TIGS, but I have to say that's a pretty hilarious idea for a compo.
GregWS
Level 10

a module, repeatable in any direction and rotation

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2008, 08:43:56 PM »

Wink

i might have just gotten blindsided by a huge bout of sarcasm, so if so,  Embarrassed

How is trying to get coverage not indie?  Especially if it's done in a really sublime satirical sarcastic cynical way (on a different note, I really have to stop using the word "sublime," it's too pretentious I think).  And I love the I in TIGS, that's why we're all here, of course.  And anyway, I see it as a joke 2 week compo at most, something like a tame version of the "Attention Grabber" compo idea, which just seemed ultra immature (not that this idea doesn't have any immaturity to it, I'll admit).
Cymon
Level 9

Computer Kid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2008, 10:20:52 AM »

This even got mentioned on the BBC.  THE BBC!!!

Really, if this is all it takes to get on the BBC (and get all the global exposure that comes with that), then I think TIGS should have a "Get onto the BBC" compo; maybe even the compo itself would get on the BBC and we could bask in our new found global street cred (Well, to be fair, we already have a lot of global street cred from our awesomely diverse forum, but you guys know what I mean).
Blatant Cash In.

This game's subject was chosen to drive traffic to the site, and while you're there you're guaranteed to make them 3 ad impressions BEFORE YOU PLAY THE GAME! If you actually play their crappy game you see another ad before you play and another ad between every stinking level. I've said it before, I've got nothing against capitalism, but jeeze try some subtlety. At least make it look like you're trying to make a decent game and not just capitalizing on sensationalism. The game, as a game, sucks. I could go on YoYo and find a dozen better games in the time it would take me to play this games 3 levels. (Have they added more? I don't know because I refuse to visit the link and make them more money for cashing in on a half arsed effort.)

Cymon's Games, free source code, tutorials, and a new game every week!
Follow me on twitter
Rory
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2008, 04:46:55 PM »

eww, Firefox 3!

This :D
Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2008, 05:29:02 PM »

Wink

How is trying to get coverage not indie?  Especially if it's done in a really sublime satirical sarcastic cynical way (on a different note, I really have to stop using the word "sublime," it's too pretentious I think).  And I love the I in TIGS, that's why we're all here, of course.  And anyway, I see it as a joke 2 week compo at most, something like a tame version of the "Attention Grabber" compo idea, which just seemed ultra immature (not that this idea doesn't have any immaturity to it, I'll admit).
This. Indie doesn't mean "cult". It's not some dark art practiced in basements. I define indie as games that you make by yourself, or in your own group, without outside funding or moderation. Heck, even with outside funding.
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2008, 07:59:07 AM »

Indie IS a cult!

The Cult of Martha.

All hail.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
thetitan
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2008, 06:56:20 AM »

wow, pretty funny. Kind of short, but good to waist time at work.
Cymon
Level 9

Computer Kid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2008, 08:40:39 AM »

Indy isn't cult. But all indy are a part of a cult. The cult of the rubber chicken.

Cymon's Games, free source code, tutorials, and a new game every week!
Follow me on twitter
Bad Sector
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2008, 10:53:03 AM »

I liked it for a while although it was repetitive. I suppose they rushed it so that they do it first.

I've said it before, I've got nothing against capitalism, but jeeze try some subtlety.

Being subtle doesn't pay the bills.

~bs~
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic