Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411582 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 06, 2024, 01:25:21 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperTechnical (Moderator: ThemsAllTook)Flash CS5
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Flash CS5  (Read 3869 times)
resistor
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2009, 08:43:46 PM »

If I'm not mistaken, they do.

No, they don't.  They're using an ActionScript-to-ARM compiler based on LLVM to compile directly to the hardware (Scott Peterson from Adobe talked about using the LLVM optimizers on ActionScript at the last LLVM dev meeting).  Presumably the code signing will still need to be applied, though whether they've figured out a way to script XCode into doing it for them remains to be seen.
fucrate
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2009, 09:40:34 AM »

Ok now its official, I will stop buying iPhone games after this comes out. Because when that happens the store will be flooded with crap.  Lips Sealed

You could always just, you know, not buy the crap.  Instead just buy the good games. 

Hmmm, that kind of sounds like what most people do right now...

Does anyone know what iPhone features are going to be available?  Tilt and multitouch come to mind as things not really natively flash supported.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 09:44:36 AM by fucrate » Logged
Ivan
Owl Country
Level 10

alright, let's see what we can see

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2009, 10:06:49 AM »

Man, they're really loving LLVM over at Adobe.

http://polycode.org/ - Free, cross-platform, open-source engine.
John Nesky
Level 10

aka shaktool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2009, 10:11:51 AM »

LLVM is awesome. I'm using it to optimize the inner loop of my synthesizer at runtime by ripping out the bits of code that are unnecessary and recompiling. My synthesizer recompiles the inner loop every time you flip a switch and the compile time is unnoticeable. The responsiveness is not harmed.
Bennett
Jinky Jonky and the Spell of the Advergamez 3
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2009, 01:55:25 PM »

You could always just, you know, not buy the crap.  Instead just buy the good games. 

Word.
Captain_404
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2009, 02:36:37 PM »

Does anyone know what iPhone features are going to be available?  Tilt and multitouch come to mind as things not really natively flash supported.

I got the impression that multitouch and the accelerometer will both be supported somehow. I remember seeing a video where some adobe guy was showing some flash games that have already been ported to the iPhone and he mentioned those features would be available.
roboprez
Level 1

Got to love them pixels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2009, 05:14:31 PM »

I'm just going to compress some information from the FAQ here. http://labs.adobe.com/wiki/index.php/Applications_for_iPhone

There will be iPhone features will be used in the form of API's. The only announced API's are for...
  • MultiTouch
  • Screen Orientation
  • Saving images to Photo Library
  • Accelerometer
  • Geo-location
  • Cut / Copy / Paste
Adobe have said they don't plan on any more for the first public release.
I'm just going to go on as a general information post
You will need to buy Flash CS5 Pro for iPhone compilation, it is not going to be put into the Flex SDK. With questions about code signing, Abobe have sorted that out. There are already 6 games on the AppStore that were made in Flash (look at the announcement link). There are only a few pre-existing API's that don't work on the iPhone. They include...
  • Embedded HTML content (via webkit in Adobe AIR).
  • RTMPE
  • Dynamically loading SWFs that contain ActionScript
  • PixelBender Filters
  • Microphone Access
  • Video Camera Access
  • plus any thing that just couldn't work if you thought about it.

Any other questions that are asked i'll add to this.

G.I.L.
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2009, 06:23:31 PM »

Ok now its official, I will stop buying iPhone games after this comes out. Because when that happens the store will be flooded with crap.  Lips Sealed

Hmmm, that kind of sounds like what most people do right now...

yea sorry was just being an angry troll. 
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic