Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411636 Posts in 69394 Topics- by 58448 Members - Latest Member: Danque_Birbington_II

May 13, 2024, 10:26:04 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsHammerwatch - On Steam the 12th
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22
Print
Author Topic: Hammerwatch - On Steam the 12th  (Read 174452 times)
SeanTL
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: June 06, 2013, 02:13:16 PM »

Not really. I wish there was a real guide. I might write one based on what I know.
Tatazilla
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: June 06, 2013, 08:58:25 PM »

I know know the hard way to do it. Base on the Test file, make an Area Trigger, set it to Event onEnter, trigger once, Add ChangeDoodadState and then link it to a shape on the button (you can move the shape by changing the size of the grid, it may not align perfectly at first).

Now I don't know how to do connection in the mapeditor, but you can do this:

Edit your map xml file search for
Code:
<string>AreaTrigger</string>, under <entry name="parameters"> ... </entry>
Add this:

<entry name="connections">
   <int-arr>INTEGER of the ChangeDoodadState</int-arr>
</entry>

right under <entry name="parameters"> ... </entry>

Tatazilla
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: June 06, 2013, 10:15:37 PM »

Figured it out. CTRL+ALT and click on another object to link connections! So much easier..I was spending hours editing xml files....

DND91
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: June 06, 2013, 11:14:03 PM »

Hello!

Was looking at the awesome level editor. Took a while to get the linking with ctrl+alt+lmb but now that i got that how do i use the path nodes? Tried all wierd combinations but don't get it to link. :/

And is there a better way to spawn multiple object then putting one SpawnObject down each time? Yes, you could use a loop with the counters... but what if you want to spawn diffrent objects?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 01:46:21 AM by DND91 » Logged
Slaneesh
Level 0

Why be personal about it?

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: June 07, 2013, 12:52:43 PM »

I've come to this part in the editor.

What do?

It's going to be one of those puzzles you have to solve to get to "The Gauntlet", but in my case, to continue through the story. There are going to be different variations of this kind of puzzle. Perhaps three versions. One is this, two has a few more runes. And three has a butt-load of runes.

EDIT: Or if it gets too complicated to add more runes, I'll scrap that idea. And come up with something else.
Jack
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: June 07, 2013, 03:13:56 PM »

My buttons won't press, I do the changedodadstate to dn but it never goes down when pressed. What am I doing wrong?

On changdoodadstate, use activate to press the button down, raised to raise it. Make sure it's linked to a doodad and not a script.

Anyone know if dev will add caching? Would be awesome to have server lists, joining and dling the files needed to the cache so you won't have to dl it from maker first to be able to play.  Perhaps redirection so the dling won't cause lag for the host.
Xanthus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: June 07, 2013, 08:55:12 PM »

Thanks for the editor and the demo, it's awesome! Had to dig to find out how to link scripts though(ctrl+alt+left click), but it's working out pretty well so far. I'm excited to see what I can do with it Smiley.

I have a question though: where can I get the xml files for the other characters? The only one I can find is for the example purple tick. When I click on "Open File Location" it takes me to my documents, and "Open File" is an error.

Slaneesh
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: June 08, 2013, 07:15:03 AM »

Well, I've finished my BETA version of my levels.

http://speedy.sh/ZB5wc/SlaneeshBETA.hbm

Will have more when editor is more compatible with;
-Custom sounds/music/whatever the hell (Because I can't see custom resources, for some reason.)
-More simple to use?
Bazdan
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: June 08, 2013, 08:15:11 AM »

Hello, I'm new here, and not exactly sure if this is where I should be asking this, but me and my friends have been enjoying this game a lot lately and we're looking forward to its full release. However, that being said, we tend to have 5 of us online at a time, 6 at most. Since Hammerwatch is limited to 4 players(which is perfectly understandable), one of us is always left out of the fun, which gets pretty awkward. I was wondering if anyone has information on a mod that can enlarge the multiplayer limit or plans to make one in the future? Or at least an idea as to how I could go about implementing it myself?

I understand Hammerwatch is still in development and this may all be covered at release, and that it may not be worth the time to make a mod like this for a version of the game that will soon be patched, but I felt I should ask. Sorry if this has already been covered and thank you for your time.  Gentleman
Broman14
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #369 on: June 08, 2013, 08:44:57 PM »

Anyone know where this leads on Floor 3?? Not sure if I'm missing something, but it seems like I'm just running into a wall.
Elvarion
TIGBaby

8bit Wonderland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #370 on: June 09, 2013, 12:25:01 PM »

Having some trouble with the Editor..
I can make floor buttons just fine. But the wall buttons i cannot.
Anyone got the wall buttons working?

And how do i "compile" my level to be able to play it on the regular hammerwatch with co-op and such?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 02:44:09 AM by Elvarion » Logged
Hipshot
Level 2

GOTTA GO FAST!

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: June 11, 2013, 02:13:17 AM »

Hmm, I suggest people head over to the greenlight page with the editor questions, because there's a lot of solutions there too.

Slaneesh
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: June 11, 2013, 01:15:07 PM »

Hmm, I suggest people head over to the greenlight page with the editor questions, because there's a lot of solutions there too.

I can't use Steam, so....
ThtBulgarian
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #373 on: June 11, 2013, 04:01:10 PM »

Hello....I love the game!

I have noticed that there is a bit of a lighting glitch when playing the game with this gpu (http://i.imgur.com/ZRgXBzq.jpg).

Also, when I press tab on this gpu it shows this (http://imgur.com/rZKqNoE) instead of the minimap.

I know these problems are only on the intel gpu because when i use my Gt630m they are fixed.

Keep up the good work!
Myran
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: June 12, 2013, 06:34:16 AM »

Hello....I love the game!

I have noticed that there is a bit of a lighting glitch when playing the game with this gpu (http://i.imgur.com/ZRgXBzq.jpg).

Also, when I press tab on this gpu it shows this (http://imgur.com/rZKqNoE) instead of the minimap.

I know these problems are only on the intel gpu because when i use my Gt630m they are fixed.

Keep up the good work!
Do you get an error.txt with shader errors?
ThtBulgarian
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #375 on: June 12, 2013, 06:38:39 AM »

No
Polyphonic Entity
Level 0

Melting Brains With Sound Waves

View Profile WWW
« Reply #376 on: June 13, 2013, 03:54:15 AM »

@Hello I Haz Music Smiley
i dont know if that was a serious or metaphorical question O_O;

hehe Smiley I was wrong tho. First the new run speed felt way to fast but I have to admit that the gameflow is now much better.

The new TV filters are nice by the way!
FizzyPear
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: June 17, 2013, 12:44:28 PM »

Just uploaded my first video for new channel, checking it out would be cool

HammerWatch Survival Beta 1.0.4 VERY FUNNY START AHAH

Xanthus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #378 on: June 17, 2013, 07:19:24 PM »

Any chance of getting the xml's for the doodads and characters in the game? I have no idea what to set the state to for certain doodads, or making more custom enemies that aren't similar to the purple tick.
Soga
TIGBaby

Bam.

View Profile
« Reply #379 on: June 18, 2013, 05:45:25 PM »

Any chance of getting the xml's for the doodads and characters in the game? I have no idea what to set the state to for certain doodads, or making more custom enemies that aren't similar to the purple tick.

In Windows, drag the "assets.bin" file from your Hammerwatch folder onto the "ResourceExtractor.exe" file in your Hammerwatch/editor folder. It will create an "assets" folder in your Hammerwatch folder with all those files.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic