Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411595 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: FightingFoxGame

May 07, 2024, 03:15:50 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)itt: good character designs
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 23
Print
Author Topic: itt: good character designs  (Read 149697 times)
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2011, 08:56:44 PM »

Too many "club dorothée" when you were young!

ink.inc
« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2011, 10:00:43 PM »

hey guys have you heard of WINDRUNNNERRRRRRR ZOOOOOOOOOM PEW PEW

knotty spine
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2011, 12:14:16 AM »

(A furry, I am not)

Animating something like this >> Outraged << would take hours, maybe even days of work.
J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2011, 12:47:57 AM »

What the...  How does the last one count as good character design?  Or is she just running around exploding constantly, and thus the explosions are part of the design?

hi
knotty spine
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2011, 01:50:37 AM »

Do the words Ms. Splosion Man ring a bell to you, like, at all?

I mean

HELLOOOO

Animating something like this >> Outraged << would take hours, maybe even days of work.
Elk
Level 1

エルク

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2011, 02:14:22 AM »

Ghost in the Shell is awesome Smiley!

For business inquiries send me a forum PM! No Revenue-Share stuff without proper contract.
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2011, 07:58:42 PM »

What the...  How does the last one count as good character design?  Or is she just running around exploding constantly, and thus the explosions are part of the design?

@1:30

knotty spine
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2011, 12:46:08 AM »

McMutton
Level 10

McMutton

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 07, 2011, 01:14:35 AM »

Obviously:
Jad
Level 8

Bomb Boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: December 07, 2011, 04:53:52 AM »

The total silliness and the often completely deadpan seriousness of the sentai series' drama and delivery is a big part of the character designs, I think they could be considered 'good' much because the simplicity in these colored full-body suits is perfect for the stylish posing the characters do, it creates striking silhouettes. Had the characters' purpose been to stand and sit around and talk, or to emote facially, these character designs would've been absolutely horrible, of course. But in the context of super sentai, they work awesomely. They've got fantastic radiance.

Live-action characters can indeed be character design!

Although to feel like intense characters and not just good actors, I feel that extreme characterization with face, hair, clothes, is necessary. Or, well, that's what makes it feel like a 'CHARACTER' to me!

oomph

very detailed characters that are yet so simplified they count as delightful graphical art in itself. You like them and they feel interesting even if you don't really follow a story about it. I don't know what the friggin magic is, behind this, but this is magical character to me. Mmmhh.

I get the exact same feeling from this, but less.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/2/20/FLCLcharas.jpg/400px-FLCLcharas.jpg

which is totally ok, cause it's still glorious, plus, there is actually a complete narrative about these characters. Mmm. So good. Uwah.

Was gonna post a picture of Kim Pine from scott pilgrim, one of the most successful character designs from that comic (maybe I'm just in nerd love though?) but there are NO good pictures on the internet that I can find. I find bad fanart after bad fanart and yeah.

I'm not gonna post pictures of Kim Pine with a swelled-up stomach (WHAT) drawn by a 12yearolddeviant so you'll just have to remember/imagine that she's good
dustin
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2011, 12:50:03 PM »

yay gorillaz also...

Shawny
Level 5

<3

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 07, 2011, 06:11:26 PM »

Live-action characters can indeed be character design!

Although to feel like intense characters and not just good actors, I feel that extreme characterization with face, hair, clothes, is necessary. Or, well, that's what makes it feel like a 'CHARACTER' to me!
Agreeing and adding a Doctor and a Kamen Rider!

Not exactly wildly unique outfits or hairstyles but they're recognizable and can easily be associated with the characters.

WelcomeToAwesomeness
« Reply #52 on: December 08, 2011, 10:46:00 PM »

Kiss Kiss
Ego_Shiner
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 10, 2011, 10:16:46 PM »

another great doctor and kamen rider because im a huge bitch

so manic but so iconic

a really unique design, especially for showa era riders. really stands out among the classic riders, plus he has badass finishing moves

Lo
laserghost
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2011, 05:25:02 PM »

zombieonion
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 21, 2011, 02:25:08 PM »

I don't like that you are just posting images without explaining WHY the character design is good.
And I don't like the fact that you are posting a bunch of shitty character designs as well.
Subjective? Maybe.
But at least nobody has posted Final Fantasy X characters.

Do go into depth and detail WHAT makes good character, because otherwise I just see a bunch of images and suspect people like them "because they were cool".

Conker534
« Reply #56 on: December 21, 2011, 02:28:12 PM »

cuz shes cool
bart_the_13th
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 21, 2011, 06:18:03 PM »

This is one of the best character design, or should I say, one of the most realistic character design. It strays away from the typical slender girl with big bewbs and cute face. Instead it really depict the average teenage girl, complete with her spotty face and messy hair(and attitude Wink)
inkBot
Level 2

Bumpity

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: December 21, 2011, 06:40:17 PM »

I love the entire aesthetic of that game.

The design of Bayonetta herself is a bit 'meh', but a lot of the enemies are awesome. My favourites being Ardor and Fairness. Didn't find a good pic of Fairness though.

One that really impressed me was the Golem, and how he/it changed form.

Gabriels costume in Lords of Shadow was pretty cool. Coulda done without the Viggo Mortensen Aragorn hair though... =/

Non game:

If you haven't read Atomic Robo, do eet!

"If there's two ways to interpret something and one is stupid, pick the other way."
McMutton
Level 10

McMutton

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 21, 2011, 10:58:50 PM »

I really wish they'd managed the hair Gabriel had in his concept art:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 23
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic