Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411603 Posts in 69388 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: gravitygat

May 08, 2024, 02:27:03 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: 1 ... 325 326 [327] 328 329 ... 486
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 905453 times)
SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6520 on: February 15, 2015, 04:29:47 PM »

wait wait wait minecraft supports splitscreen?

You could do it on PC with two Minecrafts running though, right? Guess it'd be too impacting on CPU...

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6521 on: February 15, 2015, 06:02:27 PM »

idk, could you get multiple copies of minecraft to recognize inputs from different input devices? (my guess is no and im not interested enough to find out haha)
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6522 on: February 15, 2015, 06:28:23 PM »

i realized that the 3 day cycle in majora's mask and the way it lets you easily set your own goals and "portion" your gameplay is perfectly in tune with the way i play games normally.

and now im wondering if my style of playing games comes from playing MM as a kid lol.
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #6523 on: February 15, 2015, 09:42:58 PM »

It's funny that MM is aonuma first game as a director and wasn't wemm receive for going too far outside the zelda formula, since after that he was under OOT's shadows trying to best it with no success ... when he finally realized that he don't have to do that, his first zelda get a recognition beyond measure, as much as being now branded as better than OOT ... irony pretty much lol, all those year chasing a goal he succeed pretty much on his first take (although I think Koizuma had the biggest influence).

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6524 on: February 16, 2015, 08:59:44 AM »

maybe aonuma just needs to work with shorter dev cycles again haha. i mean MM was made in year right?

it actually does feel "rushed" in some ways but its not a big deal. i kinda wish there was another more expanded remake or maybe even a majora's mask 2 where the rest of the world is as "alive" as clock town
Slader16
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #6525 on: February 16, 2015, 05:22:18 PM »

Just got into the Snowpeak Mountains, I swear that I don't remember seeing any of this when I was a kid  Who, Me?

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6526 on: February 16, 2015, 06:29:12 PM »

@ca
I wish I could see game as rushed as this one.

HOWEVER I dunno about the part that feel rush because these are the same flaws that plague zelda later one with longer dev cycle (see twilight princess) especially a lack of gameplay focus and bad reward pacing (piece of heart, rupee, and other over collectibles like bugs, spirit hearts, etc ...)

Praying Mantis
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #6527 on: February 17, 2015, 06:33:27 AM »

I played Glitchhikers. What cool game, holy damn.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6528 on: February 17, 2015, 09:07:36 AM »

@ca
I wish I could see game as rushed as this one.

HOWEVER I dunno about the part that feel rush because these are the same flaws that plague zelda later one with longer dev cycle (see twilight princess) especially a lack of gameplay focus and bad reward pacing (piece of heart, rupee, and other over collectibles like bugs, spirit hearts, etc ...)

the part that feels rushed is: the cool sidequests and npc schedules all center on clock town, everything else is a bit barren in comparison. i actually don't mind the lack of focus and the dungeons are solid, even if theyre not really among the best in the series.
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6529 on: February 17, 2015, 12:06:49 PM »

I think the center of clock town is on purpose, it's about focus, you avoid the xenoblade trap of chasing them across the land, it also allow to have continuity through repetition, dungeon and extra species land act the "continuity" always bringing new thing one shot at a time, which let you focus on the repetition and density of the central part, while still making a point. I don't feel it's rushed here, I think it's conscious design.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6530 on: February 17, 2015, 12:28:32 PM »

it can be both rushed AND on purpose haha

they could solve this easily by making each of the 4 principle non-clocktown areas a self contained mini clocktown. i mean its not like the sidequests outside of clock town are that different, they're just simpler and less interesting.

oh also the more obvious "rushed" thing about MM is the massive reuse of assets from OOT (even if most of them are touched up a bit).

btw the reason i don't mind the lack of focus is the freedom the game gives you. its neat having the choice between progressing through the dungeons and doing one of the many "sidequests" which often don't feel like sidequests at all (as in they don't feel like i'm just goofing off/delaying the main quest). its also great how instead of the normal tired zelda item progression theres a lot of choice in when to get most of the items (particularly the masks!) and a lot of variety in how you get them. majora's mask is probably the most "rpg" of all zelda games in that sense. the npc schedules are straight from ultima for starters!
Terrytheplatypus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6531 on: February 17, 2015, 03:34:51 PM »

I played Glitchhikers. What cool game, holy damn.

I downloaded it, I want to try it soon. Coming Out Simulator 2015 is amazing. The tone might maybe be dismissed as whiny or entitled, but I didn't see it that way
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6532 on: February 17, 2015, 06:42:21 PM »

Freedom Planet is lovely. It's half Genesis Sonic and half Gunstar Heroes, and does a great job being faithful to each. The cutscenes are kind of long and it's hard to take drama with cute sonic fan characters seriously, but the quality of the scenes are top notch - the voice acting is excellent and there are a little humorous touches like a military tank brigade backing up with a beeping noise. It's a shame a lot of the plot makes no sense at all, like the purpose of the character Spade.

The game manages to avert the typical feeling of the last stages dragging on by adding a lot of commentary by the villain as he activates weaponry or triggers traps on you. It gives the feeling that you're closing in on a finale rather than the game grinding to a halt.

It does get a little hard towards the end, though, with some really challenging bosses. The final battle ate up 14 of my lives before I managed to memorize the patterns and kill the boss, and that's just on "Normal" difficulty.

Highly recommended if you liked Sonic or Gunstar Heroes and want more of it, but in the form of something new.
DJFloppyFish
« Reply #6533 on: February 17, 2015, 09:25:45 PM »

thinking about getting into the armored core games, where should i start?
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6534 on: February 17, 2015, 11:55:33 PM »

Metal Wolf Chaos
Dreii
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6535 on: February 18, 2015, 04:21:17 AM »

Been waaaay too into Dayz lately. That and Guns of Iccarus Online. GOIO is amazing.
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6536 on: February 18, 2015, 09:45:25 AM »

Metal Wolf Chaos

Aw, sheeeit, I've always wanted to play that. You have a Japanese Xbox?
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6537 on: February 18, 2015, 09:52:57 AM »

Aw, sheeeit, I've always wanted to play that. You have a Japanese Xbox?
Nope, but in ten years science going to get good enough to create Xbox emulator. And international law is too weak to catch me Cool
Alternatively, everyone should play Ninja Blade, which is DS but without bullshit.
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6538 on: February 18, 2015, 09:53:34 AM »

in fact it is much better
quan
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #6539 on: February 18, 2015, 11:22:01 PM »

satire
Pages: 1 ... 325 326 [327] 328 329 ... 486