Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411670 Posts in 69397 Topics- by 58452 Members - Latest Member: homina

May 16, 2024, 02:38:41 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)Is my background too crowded? Help.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Is my background too crowded? Help.  (Read 4772 times)
SundownKid
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2011, 12:19:12 PM »

I see what you're getting at. I don't think using centered perspective would screw up the player that much since it's only a minor difference, but it's your perogative.

bgogol
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2011, 02:01:54 PM »

I like it very much. The palette is pleasing and the style is nice. It doesn't look too cluttered to me but fairly balanced and I wouldn't add any more elements to it.

I agree that adding pseudo-perspective kicks it up a notch, and can still be accomplished by keeping everything on the same plane. Maybe the proper image isn't showing for me, but I don't see how your first screenshot example looks weird at all. The 2nd example you posted looks a little weird to me tho.
namre
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2011, 07:13:35 PM »

I see what you're getting at. I don't think using centered perspective would screw up the player that much since it's only a minor difference, but it's your perogative.
Yeah. I've been experimenting with your suggestion. Again, thanks :D

I agree that adding pseudo-perspective kicks it up a notch, and can still be accomplished by keeping everything on the same plane. Maybe the proper image isn't showing for me, but I don't see how your first screenshot example looks weird at all. The 2nd example you posted looks a little weird to me tho.
The second screenshot is actually the correct perspective even if it does look weird :D I
philquiet
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2011, 04:24:23 PM »

Maybe the perspective part of the background can be in 3D or in 2.5D. Like, have a fixed horizon point then have your perspective floors and walls drawn by programmation every frames. It could look very good.

If you do real 3D, no need for OpenGL just for that... Just grab some code for drawing 3D polygons. The walls have only one solid color after all.

ink.inc
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2011, 02:17:31 PM »

Like your work! It's nice to have another Filipino around; as far as I know, we're a pretty rare breed in the indie game dev scene.
namre
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2011, 07:59:01 PM »

To all those who suggested adding perspective to my game, I thank you. However, after numerous experimenting, I concluded that it doesn't suit my game. As to why, it would be evident as soon as I reveal more details about the gameplay. :D

Like your work! It's nice to have another Filipino around; as far as I know, we're a pretty rare breed in the indie game dev scene.
Oh hi, John. Thanks!

Yes, we are indeed a rare breed :D It's something I'm planning to change in the future! Let's spread the joys of indie development to other Pinoys!  Will you be joining the Manila game jam this 28?

Cheers!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 08:05:52 PM by Accidental Rebel » Logged
ink.inc
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2011, 08:03:47 PM »

I don't actually live in the Philippines anymore; I was born in Quezon and lived in Metro Manila until I was three, but I moved to the States in '96 and basically grew up here. But I still understand Tagalog and stuff, even if I can't really speak it.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 08:48:04 PM by John Sandoval » Logged
namre
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2011, 08:07:08 PM »

Haha. That's fine. Still, it's nice to see a Filipino around. See ya around.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic