Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411594 Posts in 69387 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: YomiKu_0

May 08, 2024, 02:54:42 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsProject Rain World
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 367
Print
Author Topic: Project Rain World  (Read 1450589 times)
Woodledude
Level 0

What does this text field do?

View Profile
« Reply #3040 on: March 03, 2015, 02:15:19 AM »

Stunning! Blink Blink

The long chipmunk stripes of the blue lizards do not work very well in my eyes, but short stripes make great horns/antlers. You should limit the size of the stripes to a maximum length value around the half of the body size. In combination with the new tail tuft (~2nd half of the body) the blues look perfect.

I dunno, I'd say that the stripes actually work very well, when they don't come out away from the body - Especially in motion, as opposed to on the grid as we're seeing most of them. Might just be me, though.

I agree that the tail tufts can get a little crazy, but are really nice in general - I really like the one on that green, actually. It looks like a fully-fledged fin.

Fledgling game designer. Be prepared for walls of text with little coherency and much rambling. Thank you for your time, and tell me what you think.
Teod
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #3041 on: March 03, 2015, 03:03:36 AM »

I think lizard species should be easily distinguishable by a 100% colorblind person. That's both a noble goal to have in terms of accessibility and an indicator of good visual clarity and vatiety. As for now I think it's still possible to mix them in some cases, but you're moving in the right direction.

Also, I personally don't like nearly white heads on white lizards. They always should be in contrast with the body.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 03:37:12 AM by Teod » Logged
marcgfx
Level 8

if you don't comment, who will?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3042 on: March 03, 2015, 06:04:23 AM »

looks like you are having a lot of fun! I was just wondering if all this extra cool stuff has any impact on performance? are the vultures going to have this sort of attention given to individual looks as well?

oldblood
Level 10

...Not again.

View Profile
« Reply #3043 on: March 03, 2015, 06:11:57 AM »

The variation is incredible. Just when I start thinking that this game can't get much cooler... Bravo. You just keep exceeding expectations.

Now hurry up with the new Pax/alpha build...

jamesprimate
Level 10

wave emoji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3044 on: March 03, 2015, 06:17:53 AM »

we may or may not be uploading that right this second ;] ;]

oldblood
Level 10

...Not again.

View Profile
« Reply #3045 on: March 03, 2015, 06:20:14 AM »

I guess I will not be working on my game this evening...

Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3046 on: March 03, 2015, 06:26:55 AM »

What is there to actually play in the game so far apart from jumping around and throwing spears? Like, are there any other mechanics or are you guys focusing on the atmosphere and whatnot?

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
jamesprimate
Level 10

wave emoji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3047 on: March 03, 2015, 06:31:05 AM »

I guess I will not be working on my game this evening...

humble usually takes its time to get everything up and ready, so we may not have killed your productivity JUST yet  Wink

tortoiseandcrow
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #3048 on: March 03, 2015, 06:52:18 AM »

This is amazing! Seriously, looking at all that plumage is making me giddy.

One issue I'm having is that with the colour variation, some of the pinks look nearly red to me. I don't know if the reds will look radically different from the pinks, but in any case you might want hedge your bets and adjust the colour ranges of the pinks so that they don't hit red. Maybe head in the opposite direction on the colour spectrum and range between magenta/purple rather than magenta/red? That way you don't have quite so much of a problem distinguishing between the two, and red is pretty much exclusive to the really scary one.

EDIT:
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 07:00:50 AM by tortoiseandcrow » Logged
jamesprimate
Level 10

wave emoji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3049 on: March 03, 2015, 08:43:06 AM »

in other news, the Rain World coming soon page is up on Steam with new trailer and screenshots: http://store.steampowered.com/app/312520

FOLLOW FOLLOW FOLLOW! WISHLIST WISHLIST WISHLIST!

chriswearly
Level 3

prince slugcat

View Profile
« Reply #3050 on: March 03, 2015, 12:39:50 PM »

in other news, the Rain World coming soon page is up on Steam with new trailer and screenshots: http://store.steampowered.com/app/312520

(release date: Summer 2015)?!?!?!?!?! Is that the goal?

[edit] OH, since the only "words" in the game are going to be on the main menu, it might be good to have a few other languages available Smiley

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #3051 on: March 03, 2015, 12:40:26 PM »

done!

btw how have i never posted in this thread? wat a hell?
Christian
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3052 on: March 03, 2015, 12:43:36 PM »

I'm assuming that's for Early Access, not the full release

Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!
jamesprimate
Level 10

wave emoji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3053 on: March 03, 2015, 01:01:50 PM »

thx friends! the summer thing is a biiiiig maybe, but hey who knows. and yeah, all the info on the page is just temp stuff until we get the final specs, ect etc. we just rushed with adult swim to the page up before PAX.

idk if any of you guys have seen it, but teh back end of steam is *crazy*! like, imagine a system that has been in continuous use for pretty much every game since counter-strike... and yeah. i had to write batch files to upload stuff FFS!

Teod
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #3054 on: March 03, 2015, 01:03:05 PM »

Why summer? If PAX version works and is fun to play, why not just start with it as a first public build?
I think that's early access release date, not a complete game release date. Although that does need a clarification, I guess.

Also, meanwhile http://joarportfolio.com/rainWorld.html still says that release is in 2014. Seriously guys, is it that hard to update a single digit? For someone who just googled the name for the first time that would look like an abandoned project.
jamesprimate
Level 10

wave emoji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3055 on: March 03, 2015, 01:11:15 PM »

honestly, the only reason we've ever put any dates on anything is because "when its done" isnt an option  Shrug

Christian
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3056 on: March 03, 2015, 01:28:59 PM »

Why summer? If PAX version works and is fun to play, why not just start with it as a first public build?
I think that's early access release date, not a complete game release date. Although that does need a clarification, I guess.

Also, meanwhile http://joarportfolio.com/rainWorld.html still says that release is in 2014. Seriously guys, is it that hard to update a single digit? For someone who just googled the name for the first time that would look like an abandoned project.
Yeah, I had mentioned it before, but that site is way out of date. I just link directly to the thread here as Rain World's "site"

Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!
Teod
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #3057 on: March 03, 2015, 01:34:57 PM »

honestly, the only reason we've ever put any dates on anything is because "when its done" isnt an option  Shrug
Wait, im still confused. It's for the full release? You're not going to go through early access? That would be weird, since you have early access baker tier on Kickstarter...
Christian
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3058 on: March 03, 2015, 01:45:03 PM »

honestly, the only reason we've ever put any dates on anything is because "when its done" isnt an option  Shrug
Wait, im still confused. It's for the full release? You're not going to go through early access? That would be weird, since you have early access baker tier on Kickstarter...
Early access doesn't mean "Steam Early Access". Backers at that tier already have the alpha. It's not through Steam. Honestly a game like this probably wouldn't be the best fit for a public Steam Early Access release. Best to experience the world and the whole thing when it's all complete

@Joar/James - Still planning to do pups? I was thinking about that recently and in this new world of vultures and water and leeches and the big gaps of Chimney Canopy, pups seem like they'd be more of an annoying burden than anything else. I don't see how they'd fit in this larger, more dangerous world without dragging down the gameplay. Maybe pups could work as an interesting New Game+ modifier
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 02:09:22 PM by Christian » Logged

jamesprimate
Level 10

wave emoji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3059 on: March 03, 2015, 01:58:16 PM »

heck yeah we do!

Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 367
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic