Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411605 Posts in 69388 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: gravitygat

May 08, 2024, 05:48:54 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsVersus (Moderator: Melly)Masjin [1.9b]
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20
Print
Author Topic: Masjin [1.9b]  (Read 118327 times)
Fifth
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 29, 2011, 10:54:23 AM »

Oh, something minor I noted last time I played: you may want to check out the "inactive if too far from window" option for some of your explosion animations, 'cause there'd be times where I'd wander deep underground and see several of them appear at once.

I think it was the player death explosion.
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: January 29, 2011, 11:26:42 AM »

Oh, something minor I noted last time I played: you may want to check out the "inactive if too far from window" option for some of your explosion animations, 'cause there'd be times where I'd wander deep underground and see several of them appear at once.

I think it was the player death explosion.

Haha, yeah, I noted the exact same thing just a few minutes ago. Thanks for reporting, it is fixed now! Wink

Anyway, today has been a bit slower a day, but I've still done some progress. I'll try to get a few more things in before calling it a day and releasing a new version. Here's a (pretty ugly) teaser gif:

Who loves mines?

VVVV Yeah, I'm not sure if they're too hard to be seen currently.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 12:32:02 PM by Hempuli‽ » Logged

Aquanoctis
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: January 29, 2011, 12:25:23 PM »

Very nice. Hard to see but I suppose that's the whole point.  Grin
Rooky
Level 0

Prince of London

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 29, 2011, 12:50:27 PM »

Was just playing, man. Awesome game. Can't wait for updates. Was Maxi btw Tongue

Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: January 29, 2011, 02:47:05 PM »

Ok! New version is up! I call it v1.45 for now.

Fixes:
  • The bullets should be more reliable now
  • Removed the drill damage (sorry, I'll try to fix it but it was so darn buggy!)
  • The diggers were very prone to disappear; this should be fixed now
  • Lots of small but uninteresting bugfixes

Additions:
  • Mines! (They cost 50 ore and the engineers make them; the fabrication system is very bare-bones currently)
  • Cannons! (I'll need to buff these somehow!)
  • Jetpacks! (just 2 for both teams for testing; they're quite weird)

I'm eagerly awaiting the newest bugfest!
Also, as I mentioned, currently the two biggest problems for the game are FPS issues and lost packets. Currently it's all too usual for a player to not get the required data, and due to my AWFULLY AWFUL nonexistent optimization the game eats memory like crazy. I know how to fix this, but it'll take a lot of time and some backtracking, feature-wise. Dead reckoning isn't fun! Sad

NEWEST VERSION GET!
VERSION 1.45!

SUPERQUICK EDIT: Fixed a rather enormous bug. Hopefully!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 03:15:11 PM by Hempuli‽ » Logged

Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: January 29, 2011, 05:17:52 PM »

Double post, but we just had an amazing round with a lot of funny going on. John Sandoval and later mokesmoe owned quite hard! I also noted several bugs that must be worked on Apoplectic

Good night! Smiley

« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 05:33:59 PM by Hempuli‽ » Logged

ink.inc
« Reply #106 on: January 29, 2011, 05:20:16 PM »

Highly recommend for those who want to just fuck around with other forum-goers. It's fun. Admittedly, it's stupid, shit-talking fun. But then again, that's the best kind.
Aquanoctis
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: January 29, 2011, 05:27:00 PM »

Seriously, Sandoval's a beast at this thing.  Grin
Paul McCrawfish
« Reply #108 on: January 29, 2011, 05:51:29 PM »

Had all sorts of good times playing this, regardless of my disabled status. Hopefully I can find a better computer to test it on.

EDIT:

BEHOLD! THE HANGAR!

100% IMPENETRABLE TO OTHER PLAYERS!

Essentially I just horded all of the machines on the map into one awesome underground fortress. The pit can't be crossed without a machine, and bombs can't be manufactured without ore from the diggers, making invasion from above impossible. Unfortunately, it's not a valid griefing technique as it takes a long time to set up and the host can just reset the server.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 07:16:18 PM by Overextended Metaphor Parrot » Logged
emacs
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: January 29, 2011, 08:41:30 PM »

I actually killed someone in a multiplayer game.  Maybe I don't suck at them after all!

Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 29, 2011, 08:43:54 PM »

wait I missed a session? Cry
oh well may be if I have the game running I might walk into one.
ink.inc
« Reply #111 on: January 29, 2011, 10:29:05 PM »

Hah. Just had a long, dumb match between Fifth and Ashkin. I racked up a 2 to 1 kill death ratio, then had a long, winding conversation with Ashkin about game development. By the time I decided to start kicking Fifth's ass again, I was hit with a startling piece of knowledge: there was a huge fucking chasm in the middle of the map, and that little bastard had stolen all the vehicles and jetpacks and hoarded them in his little safezone. We could not cross the chasm. We could not do anything.

DAMN YOU FIFTHHHHHHHHHHH

DAMN YOUUUUUUUUU
Mitiz
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 29, 2011, 10:37:21 PM »

Ah, i shouldn't have left.

Play League Of Legends for free!
Fifth
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 29, 2011, 10:42:52 PM »

Heheh, go master hoarding tactics!
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: January 30, 2011, 12:09:24 AM »

I was in the turret, and I was getting a bunch of kills with it. (not exact quotes)
mokesmoe: This turret is awesome!
mokesmoe: I just got a triple kill there!
Hempuli: You killed some of your teammates
mokesmoe: wait I can teamkill with this?
Hempuli: yes
Hempuli: it's a glitch.
mokesmoe: even better!

To solve the lag slomo problem, multiply their speed by 60, then divide by their framerate. (There are probably better ways of doing this, but whatever.)
Also, through some cheating clever use of programs, I found I can get around 80 fps max.

Currently the game is mindless fun, but it will probably be more tactical once most of the features are implemented.

Also, I just noticed, me and Hempuli are interrobuddies!
Maikel_Ortega
Level 1

...and the stars, my destination.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: January 30, 2011, 02:20:41 AM »

I actually killed someone in a multiplayer game.  Maybe I don't suck at them after all!

Hi mum! I'm on tv a gif! Driving a plane and shooting upwards like a psycho!

By the way, sometimes I can't change the shooting direction on a plane. There's a bug or am I Doing It Wrong?

Melee Studios:http://melee-studios.com<br />Forever WIP (ESP devlog): http://maikel.londite.es/devlog/
ink.inc
« Reply #116 on: January 30, 2011, 02:21:29 AM »

GROUP FOTOOOOOOO!!!!!

From left to right, Polygraph, Mokesmoe, Ashkin, Me, DrOctapu, and Paint by Numbers. We cleared out fucking everything.

WE ARE STILL PLAYING

IF YOU WANT TO JOIN

JUST COME ON IN
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 02:28:39 AM by John Sandoval » Logged
Ashkin
« Reply #117 on: January 30, 2011, 02:23:24 AM »

EVERYTHING
I love you guys
DrOctapu
Level 0

Brutally modest.

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 30, 2011, 02:24:44 AM »

GROUP FOTOOOOOOO!!!!!

From left to right, Polygraph, Mokesmoe, Ashkin, Me, DrOctapu, and Paint by Numbers. We cleared out fucking everything.

.....AAAAANNNNNDDDD then the game glitched and everyone turned invincible.

Add me on...
 Desura | Steam
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: January 30, 2011, 03:13:16 AM »

Hahah, reading this stuff is fantastic! Cheesy THanks a lot for playing, it's cool to know that you're enjoying it to some extent. Smiley And yeah, I completely agree that the game needs a bigger goal since currently it ends up in A) Sandoval raping or B) someone stealing all the items (great job on that!). If I have time, I'll try to implement that partially today. The bullet-hitting bugs are quite strange, I'm not totally sure what could cause them. Of course trying to fix everything.

Anyway, the main things I'll work on today are:
  • Increasing the FPS through optimization (this'll probably take more than a day)
  • Making the bomb explosions less buggy
  • Trying to look for a silly bug in the bullet code
  • Helicopters!
  • What else? Any suggestions?

mokesmoe, thanks for the FPS suggestion! That might actually wotk pretty well, though I'll have hard time testing since it always runs fine for me. Oh and also, the turret teamkilling isn't a glitch, I referred to something else there. I may make teamkilling impossible with it later, but currently it's just for fun, HE HE HE.
And Maikel, the planes can't shoot directly downwards nor upwards. Hopefully this is what was the problem.

Everyone thanks for the little bug reports; makes my job a hecka lot easier. What was great yesterday was that there actually weren't any acute bugs related to disappearing vehicles or so, from what I heard. The biggest problem were the bullets, or so it seems (and the FPS, derp).

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic