Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411597 Posts in 69387 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: YomiKu_0

May 07, 2024, 10:50:10 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsVersus (Moderator: Melly)Masjin [1.9b]
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20
Print
Author Topic: Masjin [1.9b]  (Read 118320 times)
DrOctapu
Level 0

Brutally modest.

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: January 30, 2011, 03:20:59 AM »

Hahah, reading this stuff is fantastic! Cheesy THanks a lot for playing, it's cool to know that you're enjoying it to some extent. Smiley And yeah, I completely agree that the game needs a bigger goal since currently it ends up in A) Sandoval raping or B) someone stealing all the items (great job on that!). If I have time, I'll try to implement that partially today. The bullet-hitting bugs are quite strange, I'm not totally sure what could cause them. Of course trying to fix everything.

Anyway, the main things I'll work on today are:
  • Increasing the FPS through optimization (this'll probably take more than a day)
  • Making the bomb explosions less buggy
  • Trying to look for a silly bug in the bullet code
  • Helicopters!
  • What else? Any suggestions?

mokesmoe, thanks for the FPS suggestion! That might actually wotk pretty well, though I'll have hard time testing since it always runs fine for me. Oh and also, the turret teamkilling isn't a glitch, I referred to something else there. I may make teamkilling impossible with it later, but currently it's just for fun, HE HE HE.
And Maikel, the planes can't shoot directly downwards nor upwards. Hopefully this is what was the problem.

Everyone thanks for the little bug reports; makes my job a hecka lot easier. What was great yesterday was that there actually weren't any acute bugs related to disappearing vehicles or so, from what I heard. The biggest problem were the bullets, or so it seems (and the FPS, derp).
That was
FANTASTIC.
Mokesmoe is king of the team kill. He put mines EVERYWHERE.
Also, for a short time, everyone was invincible. Dunno what was with that. Anyway, keep up the good work man.

Add me on...
 Desura | Steam
ink.inc
« Reply #121 on: January 30, 2011, 03:23:04 AM »

mokesmoe, if i ever see you in real life i will punch you in your dick so hard your capacity for childrearing will be voided. you hear me? VOIDED.  Cheesy

Anyways, lots of shittalking fun for another three hours. Most of the fun comes from just being able to play with other forumgoers (and kick the shit outta PBN). This is getting in the way of me being able to complete my own entry, dammit.
Paint by Numbers
« Reply #122 on: January 30, 2011, 03:23:18 AM »

Man, that was a hardcore and amazing game. Sandoval doesn't have the number-one fire rate anymore. Well, hello there!

My personal suggestions are make the tops of planes solid so players can stand on them, because I think that that'd be so fun, carrying your team on a plane around places! Also, it'd be cool if you could bail out of planes.

Bugs: At one point we all turned inexplicably invincible. Mokesmoe eventually found themselves in a state where every object they picked up duplicated itself twice and took advantage of it.

This game seems to glitch out in whatever ways would make it more chaotic and fun.
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: January 30, 2011, 03:28:10 AM »

Last game I earned the title "TEAMKILL MASTER"
Both teams combined couldn't stop my mine and cannon skills. Sandoval was the one I killed the most, and he was on my team.

Also I had a bug where every object was three objects for me. I could get in a plane, move it away, and it would still be there. I could do it again so they were three separate planes. If someone else got in it, they would all combine into one again.
Also, texture smearing seems to happen a lot. You should look into that.

Hits with bullets don't register for about a second after they hit, meaning two players kill each other at the same time a lot.

EDIT: WOAH triple ninja.
Alot of what I said is pointless now, but whatever.

EDIT2: I think the invincibility was from when I was messing around with speed hacks. I had my speed set to .1%, and was going at about 1 frame a minute. Since I was the host, my game wouldn't have been recognizing any of your shots.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 03:33:24 AM by mokesmoe‽ » Logged
Paint by Numbers
« Reply #124 on: January 30, 2011, 03:32:12 AM »

About the texture smearing: I noticed you mentioned that when Sandoval was talking about the blue pixel. Just so you know, he was making that up to lure people (read: me) down there to him.

And hey, mokesmoe, you're not so great. I remember taking you out from your turret throne at least twice. Wink

Sandoval, we gotta take one of those click-speed tests and compare results.
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: January 30, 2011, 03:34:27 AM »

But you couldn't keep me out!
Paint by Numbers
« Reply #126 on: January 30, 2011, 03:35:46 AM »

True.
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: January 30, 2011, 03:37:36 AM »

Too bad I couldn't get a digger so I could add spawn camping to my list of griefing.
Paint by Numbers
« Reply #128 on: January 30, 2011, 03:41:09 AM »

Seriously, Hempuli, this game is fantastic.
ink.inc
« Reply #129 on: January 30, 2011, 03:41:58 AM »

broken as SHIT, but fantastic.
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: January 30, 2011, 05:01:33 AM »

Haha, I'm blushing here! Embarrassed

Thanks for all the feedback and bugfix suggestions! Working on those now. The smearing bug shouldn't be too hard to fix, at least I hope so. That duplication thing is shady as dang and I honestly have no idea what could be causing it! I hope it'll be figured out eventually or is related to the SPEEDHAXXIN'.

All props to mokesmoe for finding this hilarious bug. Sorry, going to fix it now!

John, when you say it's broken as SHIT, do you refer mainly to the bugs or balancing issues? If the latter, I'd be glad to hear some suggestions (ok yeah, make it harder to hoard all the items to impossible-to-reach places and make playerkilling less satisfying)! Smiley Since I'm just adding everything I feel to be cool and then fix all the most glaring bugs, the balancing may be left quite bad. Currently I feel that the scientist is nearly useless, same for the engineer. Gotta work on those things, too.

EDIT: Also, trying to settle on a name now.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 06:16:17 AM by Hempuli‽ » Logged

ink.inc
« Reply #131 on: January 30, 2011, 10:19:10 AM »

Bugs are the thing that stand out the most to me, then balancing.
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: January 30, 2011, 10:53:26 AM »

Ok. Well, fixing them all the time erryday errywhere.

Anyway, since I have schoolstuff to do, I decided to make todays update a bit smaller. The main new thing are the helicopters, but there are lots of small bugfixes (none of the really large ones, though. It may be that I'll have to leave them for when I'll have no school, or at least less other work to do). Sorry about that, since all those with low FPS will still have that. Sad I added the basic stuff related to the upcoming dead reckoning, but didn't yet start to work on it.

VERSION 1.47 GET!

emacs
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: January 30, 2011, 11:44:52 AM »

Helicopters in the ground = best glitch ever.

Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: January 30, 2011, 11:45:38 AM »

I couldn't get it to work properly. I could only see one other player and he was on my team.

rivon
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: January 30, 2011, 11:55:45 AM »

I just played it for the first time and I have to say that the controls are horrible. I understand that you want to have it simple, but it's hard to get used to it and it's slow and unintuitive.
FishyBoy
Level 7

Make like a tree and get the hell out of here

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 30, 2011, 11:58:00 AM »

I also just tried it for the first time. I didn't think the controls were that bad. My main confusion came from there being no documentation on how various abilities work, but I figured it out after a bit. It was a lot of fun!
rivon
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 30, 2011, 12:12:16 PM »

That's the unintuitive part.
Aquanoctis
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: January 30, 2011, 12:15:09 PM »

NICE! You added helicopters Grin Luckily I didn't experience any bugs so nothing to report on that front.
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: January 30, 2011, 12:16:49 PM »

Ok, I made a quick update that fixed some glaring bugs, it should now say V1.47b.
Oddball: That's quite strange and hasn't happened before. However...

If everything goes like I'm hoping, the FPS optimization I'll be working on during the next few days will lessen the packet loss while also boosting performance. If this is so, that means that there should be less of these 'level not loading' -type of bugs. There are of course a ton of other bugs, too, but most of the worst ones are related to lost packets, if mytheory is correct. At least the update will boost the FPS. ;/

That also means that playable updates will be more scarce the next few days; I'll need to backtrack a bit with the code to get the dead reckoning working.

VERSION 1.47b GET!
WARNING! Note that the update changed the buttons. Instead of a choosing icon thing, you use Z X C and V to play. These can be changed anytime with ctrl + Y!
V = shoot
C = jump
X = use
Z = pickup

I'm quite sure that the update on the buttons wont take away the unintuitiveness rivon reported, but I'm always ready for some suggestions on how to improve that! Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic