Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411809 Posts in 69416 Topics- by 58462 Members - Latest Member: Moko1910

May 29, 2024, 03:38:41 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsVersus (Moderator: Melly)Masjin [1.9b]
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20
Print
Author Topic: Masjin [1.9b]  (Read 118579 times)
Paint by Numbers
« Reply #140 on: January 30, 2011, 12:23:02 PM »

More about the helicopter-in-ground glitch: When I started up, I couldn't see or touch any tiles except for the safe-zone ones. Actually, there was one dirt tile in the middle of the map that I could see, but I couldn't collide with it.
emacs
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: January 30, 2011, 12:23:43 PM »

So, um, this shouldn't happen.

ink.inc
« Reply #142 on: January 30, 2011, 12:26:03 PM »

HATE the new controls
Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: January 30, 2011, 01:09:17 PM »

Yay! It worked this time. This is looking really good. A little unbalanced at the moment but lots of gung-ho fun. Hand Thumbs Up Left Smiley

FK in the Coffee
Level 10

meme pixels

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 30, 2011, 01:51:52 PM »

This game is so fucking fun.
emacs
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: January 30, 2011, 02:05:08 PM »

Looks like I can't but into Windows anymore so I'm stuck on my Mac.  It was fun while it lasted. Concerned

Ashkin
« Reply #146 on: January 30, 2011, 02:07:23 PM »

HATE the new controls
This a thousand times.
Also Hempul I'm onto you! Your secret plan is to make your game SO FUN that nobody else will be able to develop their games! CURSE YOUUUUU
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #147 on: January 30, 2011, 02:07:49 PM »

It's working so far.
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 30, 2011, 02:08:32 PM »

BEST GLITCH EVER
Maikel_Ortega
Level 1

...and the stars, my destination.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #149 on: January 30, 2011, 02:11:37 PM »

It's really fun meet fellow tigs here and kill'em. And every night it gets better :D

By the way, even if everyone kills me after what I'm going to say, I like this new controls. Now it's faster to make different actions, and you can shoot while launching a bomb :D

Melee Studios:http://melee-studios.com<br />Forever WIP (ESP devlog): http://maikel.londite.es/devlog/
Aquanoctis
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #150 on: January 30, 2011, 02:20:23 PM »

I dunno about anyone else but the main problem/difficulty I had with the old controls was trying to scroll through actions with the Z key. Maybe you could just shift X and C to Z and X respectively and make the action scroll key C?
Filth
« Reply #151 on: January 30, 2011, 02:22:02 PM »

BEST GLITCH EVER

Yeah, I couldn't see or collide with any blocks except the ones around the spawn points.
Nice game though, I had a lot of fun playing it.
Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 30, 2011, 02:27:46 PM »

I wonder if you could get a updater so that folks won't have to re-download the new version when every one beta test the hell out of the old one and left. Man it's hard to catch you guys.
Warning - while you were typing 2 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post. wait 3 people pop on maybe my luck has turn for the better.
DrOctapu
Level 0

Brutally modest.

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 30, 2011, 03:11:18 PM »

I wonder if you could get a updater so that folks won't have to re-download the new version when every one beta test the hell out of the old one and left. Man it's hard to catch you guys.
Warning - while you were typing 2 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post. wait 3 people pop on maybe my luck has turn for the better.
This. It's kind of a pain to check for a new version every time before playing.

Add me on...
 Desura | Steam
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #154 on: January 30, 2011, 03:36:10 PM »

Maybe have space jump, so the buttons are easier to handle. (And maybe use asd instead of zxc so you can press the space bar better.) (Or maybe use both?)
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #155 on: January 31, 2011, 06:37:54 AM »

Thanks for the feedback! Even though my coding skills in mySQL and PHP are quite horrible, I'll try to get an auto-updater up.

Also, Do you guys think that the need to scroll through actions was bad? Is the badness somewhere else? I'd love to hear more about this, since intuitivity isn't my strongest point. Would it work if you used Z and X to jump and shoot, and then A and S to switch between actions?

Also, today I'll start implementing the dead reckoning, so updates will be quite scarce unless I somehow get it working on first try (Beg). As I've said several times, that update hopefully fixes networking bugs galore, for example the disappearing ground and other players (against which I'll try to do some other fixes, too).

Today I started thinking a bit, and realized that the way I'm making the classes diverse is currently absolutely ridiculous. I mean, as rivon said, it's really confusing to play when you pick up a random item and need to be told what it is, what it is used for, and most importantly which class can use it. So I thought of making all the machines and items usable for every class, and giving each class their own characteristic bonuses to create the differences we want between them. The scientist has his healing (does that still not work?) and the fighter has his bullets, but the cybermason and engineer of course need a bit of thinking. In any case, hopefully this'll make the game a bit clearer even if the controls end up not being absolutely perfect (not that I wouldn't want them to be!).

(PS. If you find those helicopters useless, the latest update (1.47b) made it so that you can shoot as a passenger! Gather everyone into the copter and make it a killer! Smiley)

Maikel_Ortega
Level 1

...and the stars, my destination.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #156 on: January 31, 2011, 06:52:49 AM »

Just a little brainstorming. I hope you like some of this.

Controls:
----------
Z: Jump
X: Shoot
C: Action
A-S: Scroll action
EDIT:
Enter: chat
[/edit]Tongue

Mechanics:
----------

Cybermasons
-They can dig on their own ,slower than inside a digger though.
-Maybe they can "repair" the digged ground somehow? While placing hidden mines on ground tiles, that explode when someone try to pierce them/pass over it? This could be fun, and will add some defense tactics :D
-They're the only ones that can pierce blue ore with the digger.

Scientist
-Freezing/Poison gun?
-Efective against infantry, useless against machines?

Engineers
-They can build cannons everywhere, at a cost of ore.
-They can destroy machines easier than others (electric gun?).

Soldier
-I think it's ok as it's right now. Maybe a little op against machines, but it's fun this way.

Melee Studios:http://melee-studios.com<br />Forever WIP (ESP devlog): http://maikel.londite.es/devlog/
Wowk
Level 0

Late fresh starter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #157 on: January 31, 2011, 06:53:49 AM »

I don't know about you guy, but for me it would work great having asdw to aim/walk, h to shoot, j to jump, k to pick things up and l to use things. It would also make T less of a burden to press for quick talking.
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: January 31, 2011, 09:41:48 AM »

Ok, I just figured out the bug about not getting the ground data. Quite stupid of me, really - I tried to send data about the ore in the same subchannel as the ground data, thus making any player get a broken map if ore data was sent just as he joined. I'll release a fix with the autoupdate, this bugfix and some smaller ones, one of which hopefully also fixes the bomb explosion bug. After that I'll really start crunching into the FPS stuff!

There's some time until I finish this, so if you read this, would you prefer me to change the controls to the earlier ones? Only temprarily, of course, but if you guys feel that the first system was at least marginally better than the current, I'll happily change back. Smiley
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 09:48:00 AM by Hempuli‽ » Logged

Ashkin
« Reply #159 on: January 31, 2011, 10:37:06 AM »

PLEASE change them back Beg
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic