Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411579 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 05, 2024, 04:02:07 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperDesignDifferent ways to do wall tiles
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Different ways to do wall tiles  (Read 6391 times)
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2010, 08:23:04 AM »

I wonder how people can read stuff on this ultima projection, it looks crazy difficult. Everything has to be rendered surely.

Fixed  Noir

Regarding path finding maybe we can just reduce the number of node for the algorythm, i mean convex space are always a straight line, pathfinding only occur when tile join two branching convex area, by single out these chokepoint you have much less to worry on.

Mikademus
Level 10

The Magical Owl

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2010, 04:35:37 PM »

I wonder how people can draw stuff for this ultima projection, it looks crazy difficult. Everything has to be rendered surely.

Dead simple, really. Everything is base-plane aligned to the pure X and Y, and if you check the screenie above you see that all angles are at Y=2X. So it is really a very conveniently defined artistic space to work in. Rooftops are among the only difficult things, but you just calculate the angle you need and draw some lines and everything will unfold nice and simple.

\\\"There\\\'s a tendency among the press to attribute the creation of a game to a single person,\\\" says Warren Spector, creator of Thief and Deus Ex. --IGN<br />My compilation of game engines for indies
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic