Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411579 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 05, 2024, 03:38:57 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperDesignanyone up for helping me flesh out my plot?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: anyone up for helping me flesh out my plot?  (Read 1368 times)
jamespond
Level 0

View Profile
« on: April 28, 2010, 04:28:41 PM »

So I've been trying to come up with a plot for forever and finally did the other night!
I was wondering what everyone thought of it and where you all think i should go with it.

There was a world, much like our earth. There was also a man, who (for a reason i need to come up with) did not like what humans were doing on earth. So, being smart he built a floating island made of clouds in the sky. He then along with his followers began abducting every person on earth and (using some sort of machinery) brainwashing them into believing they had lived their life, died and now gone to heaven. Anyone born in heaven would be given a backstory in which they lived out a life and eventually died. He also gave them wings. He then assumed the role of God of the floating island.

You are one of his angels which he has brainwashed.

Thats pretty much all I have, besides that he probably sends you on a mission to the earth for some reason and along the way you discover that the god is not really god and you never lived your brainwashed backstory and that god guy is doing something bad and youve gotta stop him or something

An idea I had was that
God guy first rounded up all the humans for some good reason, to protect the earth from them or some reason. He realizes he pretty much has the power to do anything then, with his huge army of brainwashed humans. Unfortunately even though the humans are gone from earth something still happens on earth that he doesn't like and he believes the only way he can have his perfect world is if he brainwashes and controls every living thing.

OR

That the god guy is just crazy and likes to collect living things and brainwash them into being his toys

Anyways ideas or critique would be really great! thanks a bunch!!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 04:43:26 PM by jamespond » Logged
laserghost
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 10:02:27 PM »

How about one of the god guy's followers rebels, and starts a 'hell' back on earth. God guy doesn't like this of course, and hilarity ensues.
by MSLF
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2010, 05:42:53 AM »

Feel free to point out what doesn't sit with you, so that we can re-think it.
You're welcomed to brainstorm with me.

The "god" guy is an atheist mad chieff of a mental asylum.
He despises religion and chose to punish. To make a laughstock of it. To become the so-called "god".
One floor is designated to look like Heaven. One like purgatory and one like hell.
At first he just messed with the sick.
Then he kept bringing here famous people (or priests, or just pious people of many natures and religions), and "decide their fate". Cast them to heaven or hell.
You don't need to name them, but a subtle points can be made to show who were you thinking about, e.g. this guy in hell was actually a pope Benedict, captured and drugged by the "boss'" team.

The main protagonist will realize, at some point, maybe due to genetic-engineering experiments (that are conducted on "patients", which might account for angelic wings that you mentioned), the irony of this place, but is still "drugged" enough that the game can take more fantasy/science fiction course (he might hallucinate he descended to earth, from a floating island, or that he has some magic capabilities, etc.).

One of the major plot twists are when the protagonist - driven, so far, by hate towards the asylum keeper and convinced that he was "righteous", he was a priest (apparently, as everybody else here is) and was kidnapped, but...
it turns out that before his memory was erased he was Asylum Keepers right hand. Chief of kidnappes. That was cast in here "just for fun". Or cause the asylum got full and Asylum Keeper had no further use of him. Or cause Asylum Keeper judged the protagonist to be too dangerous to walk freely. Anyway protagonist in his "previous life" was a total pig.
(Or as a punishment for trying to betray AKeeper when conscience finally got to him... if we want to pimp up protagonists' image)

This might come out, as, at that point the protagonist made friends with some of the captured people (like pope Benedict, for example). And it turns out he was the capturer of them all. Supervised every kidnap on this floor. The previous right-hand of the Asylum keeper.

And he's tripping now, badly, on hallucinogenic drugs, trying to get out, free the pope, etc.
He really IS dangerous.

Part of the game might be in his dream world. Part in the real world - when he's taking out the guards, and finally get to the asylum keeper. During those rare times when the drugs worn out.

He might also realize he's able to do normally impossible things, while being drugged, so he does that on purpose. to himself.
For example - if you find an impassable room, or are in an isolation cell,
and are drugged, go through some adventures, flies, trips, killing, miracles etc, in your hallucination, then the protagonist might find himself - when the drugs worn out - on the other side of the building, behind the - previously - impassable doors etc.

Anyway, whoever is willing to brainstorm those ideas and/or create a game with this story, please hit me up. I'm more than eager to brainstorm a new ideas.

Yo'

"Either you have an action method or you're irrelevant."
jamespond
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2010, 05:06:11 PM »

Woww! I wasn't expecting such a detaled post! It's really good too! unfortunatly I don't think we would be able to express it very well in a platform and i probably should have said before that we're trying to have it sort of mother 3 ish or earthboundish so childish on the top and sort of serious under and i think this plot might be a bit too serious for such a game! I really like it though wow!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic