Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411642 Posts in 69394 Topics- by 58449 Members - Latest Member: pp_mech

May 14, 2024, 05:27:29 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingMinecraft (alpha)
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 96
Print
Author Topic: Minecraft (alpha)  (Read 1323249 times)
TwilightVulpine
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #860 on: September 19, 2010, 07:23:44 PM »

This game needs plantable tower caps :D

True.

I would like parachutes, or even better, paragliders. Special boots to soften falls would be nice too.
JamesGecko
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #861 on: September 19, 2010, 09:44:11 PM »

Paragliders, you say? That would give me reason to venture outside my fort at night!

I'm batman.

Edit: Oh, man. I would build massive obsidian skyscrapers and gargoyles and streets and lay tracks everywhere for minecart "cars" to buzz around. When night comes, the city becomes full of crime and villainy. Seriously, it would be awesome.
Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #862 on: September 20, 2010, 12:00:31 AM »

Ice skates would be ridiculous fun on snowy maps but only if zombies were allowed to have them too and they were bad at it.
Zecks
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #863 on: September 20, 2010, 04:18:16 AM »

Walking around for 3+ hours when you don't know how to dig is unenjoyable.

Walking around for 3+ hours and not trying holding down the button is being a deliberate dumbass.

indy games are a bull shit
Mipe
Level 10

Migrating to imagination.

View Profile
« Reply #864 on: September 20, 2010, 04:46:46 AM »

That's enough, he's already proven himself to be an old stubborn dog. These have hard time adapting to new things.

Moreover, he's a customer. He bought the thing and expects something from his purchase. I doubt Notch does refunds. So yeah, the customer is bitter and the customer is always right.

What am I saying? I'll go grab the cricket bat.
Guillaume
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #865 on: September 20, 2010, 06:22:15 AM »

Ice skates would be ridiculous fun on snowy maps but only if zombies were allowed to have them too and they were bad at it.

FUCKING THIS
Renton
« Reply #866 on: September 20, 2010, 10:21:06 AM »

I just opened a new single player map, and while wandering around, found a camp where two skeletons were standing around a campfire. They had two chests that had some redstone dust and a lot of wheat and loaves of bread. The camp was built with mossy masonry stones.

Now I'm not a long time player, so I gotta know, did this happen before the latest update?
unsilentwill
Level 9

O, the things left unsaid!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #867 on: September 20, 2010, 10:36:50 AM »

Yeah, that's maybe a couple weeks old. Though it's best not to check on the updates, there are still things I find that surprise me.

Oh and that ice skates thing. Yes please.

Reggie
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #868 on: September 20, 2010, 10:50:31 AM »

Uh... guys?

UH GUYS
Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #869 on: September 20, 2010, 10:57:53 AM »

I just opened a new single player map, and while wandering around, found a camp where two skeletons were standing around a campfire. They had two chests that had some redstone dust and a lot of wheat and loaves of bread. The camp was built with mossy masonry stones.

Now I'm not a long time player, so I gotta know, did this happen before the latest update?

That's one of the randomly generated "Dungeons" which are usually deep underground.
They've been around for a while, but are very rare.
They contain a chest or two, have walls of mossy cobbles and contain a flaming box which is actually a monster spawner.

Was it aboveground?

AUST
ITIAMOSIWE (Play it on NG!) - Vision
There but for the grace of unfathomably complex math go I
SpaceSalmon
Level 0

Fish

View Profile
« Reply #870 on: September 20, 2010, 11:02:50 AM »

I haven't really played minecraft that much but it's great fun with creating and stuff. I might buy the new game when it's done.  Smiley

There are 10 kinds of people in the world.
Those who understand Binary and those who don't.
Renton
« Reply #871 on: September 20, 2010, 11:51:07 AM »

That's one of the randomly generated "Dungeons" which are usually deep underground.
They've been around for a while, but are very rare.
They contain a chest or two, have walls of mossy cobbles and contain a flaming box which is actually a monster spawner.

Was it aboveground?
It was under a naturally formed bridge of sorts. It wasn't underground but not quite on the surface, either.
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #872 on: September 20, 2010, 01:01:54 PM »

a campfire? :O

Renton
« Reply #873 on: September 20, 2010, 01:06:13 PM »

It was more like a metal cage that was on fire, but it did stand nicely in the middle of the... camp.
OneMoreGo
Level 3

Stop looking at my chest

View Profile
« Reply #874 on: September 20, 2010, 01:22:16 PM »

Well, I thought it was pretty confusing that the crafting results differ based on their position.

I actually really like this aspect, the ingredients make a pattern. A bow looks (kinda) like a bow, a helmet is helmet shaped.

I'm not sure what the alternative implementation would be either, you click on 9 iron ingots and then have multiple buttons for the various kinds of armor you could make?
Carrie Nation
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #875 on: September 20, 2010, 02:08:20 PM »

Uh... guys?

[img]

UH GUYS
Pandora or whatever the planet was called in that little known low budget indie movie James Cameron made recently?
Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #876 on: September 20, 2010, 02:20:21 PM »

FUCKING THIS

When ice skating, turning too quickly should make you fall over. Also, Zombies with ice skates should aggressively seek out ice to skate on and continue to skate into the morning where they burst into flames. So you have groups of flaming zombies falling over and getting back up until they die.
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #877 on: September 20, 2010, 04:36:28 PM »

flaming zombies would melt the ice they're on though, so the fire would keep going out when they fall in the water

Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #878 on: September 20, 2010, 04:55:21 PM »

An ice skating zombie should move fast enough to leave the space it was in before it melts away. The ones that fall over, yeah they would go through the ice but the ones still standing can keep going until they run out of ice or life.
Vino
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #879 on: September 21, 2010, 01:33:53 AM »

Or until they run into the trail of the other zombie's melted ice.

Here's a better idea. When you die, your inventory is put in a chest. But the chest is guarded by your zombified corpse that has all of your equipped stuff, and knows how to use it. You must fight and kill this zombie to get your stuff back.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 96
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic