Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411682 Posts in 69399 Topics- by 58453 Members - Latest Member: Arktitus

May 17, 2024, 05:05:23 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneral"Exquisite Corpse" (Verbal Game) COMPLETE and readable :D
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Author Topic: "Exquisite Corpse" (Verbal Game) COMPLETE and readable :D  (Read 14490 times)
PaleFox
« on: November 22, 2008, 09:55:54 PM »

Finished text is HERE

IMPORTANT: We are going to try to go through the list twice to make the finished product an appreciable length, so when we get to the end the first time it should loop back to the beginning Smiley. Each turn will be ONE sentence, for an eventual total of two per person.

I was wondering if, since there are art type peoples here, anyone would like to collaborate on a verbal game of exquisite corpse. It's a surrealist exercise that might work here using private messages etc. Essentially, one person writes a sentence or so, and it continues to be passed on and written, but the writer can only look at the previous person's work. After a certain point, basically when everyone has gone, the result is revealed completely to all. For it to work, though, we'd need people to agree to do it and a way of keeping track of who is left to go. Anyone interested

EDIT:
So this is going to happen then! One it starts it should basically run itself until it's done, so it shouldn't be too difficult to keep track of.

To sign up, post in RED. I'm not sure how many we'll need, so we'll see what interest there is.

Ok, so signups are officially closed so this show can be gotten on the road. Gainsworthy is the first on the list, and we'll just move down the line. Send your sentence to both me and the next person on the list, we'll be done in no time Smiley.

People who have signed up:

Gainsworthy *done*
Kao *done*
george *done*
cyber95 *done*
Hideous *done*
PaleFox *done*
agj *done*
pnx *done*
GeneralValter *done*
Chaoseed *done*
tantan *done*
Xion
1x
« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 03:08:35 PM by PaleFox » Logged
george
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2008, 10:01:46 PM »

yes, this game is a lot of fun. But one thing we do here that is good too is alternate the sentence with a picture. So you write a sentence, I draw a picture from it, the next person writes a sentence based on my picture, and so on...
Biggerfish
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2008, 01:01:12 AM »

george, that sounds more like Eat Poop You Cat. Something like that could easily be played in IRC, if enough people wanted to join in. You would write up a list of the order it goes in, then you just pm your next part to whoever is next (and maybe to a judge so you can see the end result).
Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2008, 03:41:47 AM »

Tell us, have you checked out the much delayed Cinco De Mayo Comicompo, down over in the Art forum? It's very nearly almost finished, after all these months. With the contributions of both some of the most talented visual artists on this forum, and people such as my self, it will be a most exquisite corpse if ever there was one.

We're planning on starting another one. It may run Forever.
george
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2008, 09:33:32 AM »

george, that sounds more like Eat Poop You Cat.

you mean we've been doing that all this time....?  Shocked
PaleFox
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2008, 10:11:33 AM »

Tell us, have you checked out the much delayed Cinco De Mayo Comicompo, down over in the Art forum? It's very nearly almost finished, after all these months. With the contributions of both some of the most talented visual artists on this forum, and people such as my self, it will be a most exquisite corpse if ever there was one.

We're planning on starting another one. It may run Forever.

That looks interesting, it'll be entertaining to see how it turns out. However, the thing about this thing here is that, first of all, sentences take far less time to do Smiley , but also such a thing tends to be much more disjointed (I assume, I've not seen the comic) because a panel gives away much more than a sentence does about what happened before, generally speaking. However, who knows? I suppose, though, it would be silly to have two such things going at once.
Chrissketch
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2008, 04:03:50 PM »

Man, that game makes me nostalgic for freshman year of college so hard. All my artfag friends and I'd go down to this little bar to listen to music and smoke out of filthy hookahs and play exquisite corpse because we were all romanticizing the French surrealists we learned about in class. Pretentious? Absolutely. But it made us feel all  Gentleman

They've since banned smoking inside of that place so getting a hookah requires going outside. Such a pain that no one really bothers anymore.
Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2008, 04:32:26 AM »

though, it would be silly to have two such things going at once.

Lies. Please do this sentence thing. I'll sign up for a game or three!*

As for the disjoint? I too would love to see the results - indeed, it could be perfectly coherent. Or it could gather new meaning every time it changes hands. WHEN WILL WE KNOW? Soon. I hope.

*Seriously, create a "Werewolf Game" style sign-up time/list. Those wanting to corroborate, put your names in red, bold.

Gainsworthy here, signing up for some exquisite dead man action.
Akhel
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2008, 05:32:35 AM »

Eat Poop You Cat sounds awesome - you guys do it on IRC? I'd definitely be up for it Smiley

And I'd like to join PaleFox's game too!

EDIT
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 12:43:24 PM by Kao » Logged
george
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2008, 07:40:24 AM »

everything is-- uh, I mean count me in.
cyber95
Level 5

The Computer is your friend.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2008, 08:27:27 AM »

Hey, I was gonna make that joke.  I'm in.

Tobasco Panda
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2008, 12:40:12 PM »

hm... I wonder if something like that could work for creating a game. Someone gets a basic engine up and running, adds a level or two then passes the files off for someone else to muck with, etc etc.

I guess a game playing version of this concept could be the Succession games of Dwarf Fortress (if I am remembering the name of the game type correctly).
Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2008, 08:38:12 PM »

everything is in?

PaleFox
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2008, 08:49:27 PM »

I've put everyone signed up so far into the first post, anyone is free to join Smiley .
agj
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2008, 12:22:54 AM »

Welp, I'm in, too.

pnx
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2008, 09:30:33 AM »

Well why not? I'm in and expect some creepy stuff to appear in there.
Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2008, 12:24:15 PM »

HAI GUIZ
PaleFox
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2008, 07:31:30 PM »

It looks like more people have been signing up, so do people think it should start or should we wait for more people? What do you think? I mean, 9 is OK but more would be better Smiley .
Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2008, 07:48:42 PM »

Try renaming the thread. "Exquisite Corpse" sounded a bit uninteresting to me when I looked at it first. If you make it "Exquisite Corpse- Verbal Game" or "TIGS WordPlay: Exquisite Corpse", it might help. I just skipped over it the first few times I saw it.
Chaoseed
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2008, 08:12:23 PM »

Hell yes, I want to play.

You know, the "exquisite corpse" concept could be applied to other things. I know, for example, that some guys made a collaboratively-created DOOM level based on that idea...

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic