Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411674 Posts in 69399 Topics- by 58452 Members - Latest Member: homina

May 17, 2024, 06:29:13 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogs"Fish" Game (School Project)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: "Fish" Game (School Project)  (Read 431 times)
Eric Winebrenner
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: December 07, 2014, 05:33:34 PM »

Hello, I'm Eric Winebrenner, an artist/programmer/designer at SundaeMonth.  "Fish Game" is my final project for one of my college courses. I do not intend on releasing this, but it'd be cool to get feedback anyway.
The "fish" eats smaller fish to grow larger.  The "fish" has one goal: to eat the pancakes.  The fish grow larger with the depth of the lake, and the pancakes lie at the bottom.  But there's one catch: the "fish" can't breathe underwater.  Eat fish to grow, come up for air, eat some more.  The larger you grow, the more air you can hold.  It's an underwater battle up the food chain - don't drown!

Colliding with smaller fish causes the "fish" to eat them, gaining experience points.  When experience for the next level is reached, the "fish" evolves into the next largest fish.  Each larger size can hold more oxygen, allowing the player to swim deeper.  As the player evolves, experience gained from the smallest fish approaches 0, forcing the player to eat fish at deeper levels.  The player must keep track of their oxygen, and come up for air to replenish it, or risk drowning.  If the player drowns, they float to the top of the lake and decrease in size, losing progress.  This loop of eating fish and coming up for air continues until the player is large enough to win the game.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 06:24:07 PM by Eric Winebrenner » Logged

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic