Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411681 Posts in 69399 Topics- by 58453 Members - Latest Member: Arktitus

May 17, 2024, 01:15:26 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsCreating a gaming team! (Not much experience needed!)1
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Creating a gaming team! (Not much experience needed!)1  (Read 819 times)
Harry101
Level 0

View Profile
« on: January 15, 2013, 01:09:04 PM »

Hey I might be young but I'm aspiring to own my own gaming company like my step father has. I hve little experience with programming,  art but more with music. I would be a producer or designer if anything within a game company. I hve many ideas for games in which don't need much expience so if you want to make a team message me on Skype or on here and we can get started Smiley. The games would hopefully be made for iOS as this would allow us to have smaller simple projects that could still be a huge success. I would organise, market and design our game helpin out with everything. So if you have knowledge in any skills that this team may need feel free to message me and we can start one of the many ideas I have or maybe you have. My ideas are not needed to be done, and are flexible so we can all work on them creating a universal interest in the project.

See my signature for contact details, in which I could explain with a more detailed plan of everything.
Kinaetron
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 01:36:00 PM »

Hey Harry, welcome to the TigForums Smiley get yourself over to this thread http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?board=17.0 and formally introduce yourself.

Ok first things first. With your current experience level it's very unlikely that anyone on this board will team up with you. Even if you do get an team together the chances of you flaming out and never finishing your game is extraordinarily high.

The best idea would be to start making smaller games by yourself and then take it from there.

Life sucks and then you die.
Harry101
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 01:42:06 PM »

Okay thank you for the advice Smiley
hidingspot
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 03:54:21 PM »

Monkey_D_Daley is absolutely right.  If you want to help design/produce a game, it is greatly important to have a broad knowledge of how games are made.  Making even a simple game on your own will not only show that you are capable, but it will also teach you a lot about the process.

Another option is to take a look around these forums and see if any ongoing projects need help with stuff like testing.  That might also be a good way to learn and make contacts.

Good luck!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic