Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411561 Posts in 69384 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: junkmail

May 03, 2024, 06:02:08 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsPainters Guild [OUT NOW]
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 46
Print
Author Topic: Painters Guild [OUT NOW]  (Read 120959 times)
ctrl2004
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #840 on: July 23, 2015, 01:06:04 PM »

Remembering that age penalty(for good traits)/bonus(bad traits work the reverse way, allowing a lower age, but not lower than the minimum) system in CKII only works for your starting charachter (to avoid the player to start the game with a very young and overpowered character). Example: the player want to start with a good trait (+8) and a bad trait (-5), so the minimum age to the character would be 17 (14 the minimum plus 8 minus 5).

I like the "Decade Report". There could be different rewards, or maybe the player could choose the reward. Maybe the cities could have some event allowing the change of city (like good offers from the other patrons or the painter moving to another city because he fears being assassinated by an angry patron :D, or maybe he just want a new challenge). But I think that the best would be the player staying in the same city for all the game.

Enjoy your holiday! Smiley
Bad
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #841 on: July 23, 2015, 05:06:56 PM »

Just played your alpha!.
I specially enjoyed how having Da Vinci near his master made him learn, which had me constantly juggling the furniture because of the painting sizes.
I also thing I saw the painters learn while they're painting. Is that so? I like the idea of having some paintings more inspiring than others.

it's a really nice idea and executed really well.

Enjoy your travels!
austin1298
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #842 on: August 04, 2015, 11:02:42 AM »

The idea of unlocking different cities is a very good one in my opinion, but since you want to have people choose from cities, you could give the players starter cities(the ones currently there) and give them the ability to unlock more cities along with the ones they can already choose from. Or to earn a little bit of money for all your hard work you could make "City Pack" dlc's sort of like kingdom dlc's in Civ 5. Just pay like 50 cents and get 2 or 3 cities in addition to the starter cities.

Just some ideas.

Also if you didn't see my short earlier message, I hope I will be able to play the beta.
AD1337
Level 9

Lucas Molina

View Profile WWW
« Reply #843 on: August 04, 2015, 03:13:16 PM »

I'm back!

Remembering that age penalty(for good traits)/bonus(bad traits work the reverse way, allowing a lower age, but not lower than the minimum) system in CKII only works for your starting charachter (to avoid the player to start the game with a very young and overpowered character). Example: the player want to start with a good trait (+8) and a bad trait (-5), so the minimum age to the character would be 17 (14 the minimum plus 8 minus 5).

I like the "Decade Report". There could be different rewards, or maybe the player could choose the reward. Maybe the cities could have some event allowing the change of city (like good offers from the other patrons or the painter moving to another city because he fears being assassinated by an angry patron :D, or maybe he just want a new challenge). But I think that the best would be the player staying in the same city for all the game.

Enjoy your holiday! Smiley

Yup, I really like the CK2 system but I think it might be too much here. As far as I remember, in CK2 you can add a bunch of traits, which can make your character really overpowered. But in Painters Guild you can only have 2 traits, so even if you have 2 good ones, it's not that OP. We'll see!

Decade report will very likely be a thing, if only to pace the game a bit. It's very fluid right now, and dividing time in decades can structure time better. So you keep playing until the decade ends and then quit (or feel like accomplisihing the goal for the next decade). Gives you something to look forward to, to play for.

Enjoy your holiday dude! Gentleman

Thanks, it was pretty cool  Smiley

Just played your alpha!.
I specially enjoyed how having Da Vinci near his master made him learn, which had me constantly juggling the furniture because of the painting sizes.
I also thing I saw the painters learn while they're painting. Is that so? I like the idea of having some paintings more inspiring than others.

it's a really nice idea and executed really well.

Enjoy your travels!

Thank you!  Grin

The idea of unlocking different cities is a very good one in my opinion, but since you want to have people choose from cities, you could give the players starter cities(the ones currently there) and give them the ability to unlock more cities along with the ones they can already choose from. Or to earn a little bit of money for all your hard work you could make "City Pack" dlc's sort of like kingdom dlc's in Civ 5. Just pay like 50 cents and get 2 or 3 cities in addition to the starter cities.

Just some ideas.

Also if you didn't see my short earlier message, I hope I will be able to play the beta.

Yeah, I've thought about either an expansion or another game altogether with more cities. Especially Amsterdam during Rembrandt's time, but also Madrid, Paris, London, Nuremberg and so on. Cities out of Italy.

Don't worry, you'll be in the beta  Smiley

Main menu navigation: new game and character creation. Please ignore the black background, I painted it black because of the Rolling Stones the main menu background is high-res and would screw the gif.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 03:19:45 PM by AD1337 » Logged

ernanir
Level 2

Hello World

View Profile WWW
« Reply #844 on: August 05, 2015, 01:25:38 PM »

Also like the interface Smiley

MadProf085
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #845 on: August 06, 2015, 05:58:46 AM »

I think that this game looks great, i have been behind it for a long time, i love all the aspect of this game, i would like to see whether i can be included in the beta, this game seems brilliant to me and i want to be a part of the beta, as i have been looking forward to it for a very long time. Gentleman
AD1337
Level 9

Lucas Molina

View Profile WWW
« Reply #846 on: August 06, 2015, 06:58:46 AM »

Also like the interface Smiley

Thanks, I like you  Smiley

I think that this game looks great, i have been behind it for a long time, i love all the aspect of this game, i would like to see whether i can be included in the beta, this game seems brilliant to me and i want to be a part of the beta, as i have been looking forward to it for a very long time. Gentleman

Sure, thanks! Beta starts soon. I'd like that to be around this Sunday, but I can't promise anything. The Gods saw fit to challenge me further in this troubling time, but we might just make it.

This might seem like just another Painters Guild screenshot, but that is a loaded painter! I don't mean she's rich, I mean she was saved and then loaded just fine without any bugs! Furniture is loading too, but there is still some work to do with save/load. I've always thought of it as my final boss, but I'm beating it so far.

Funny fact: I lost the original print screen because I copied something else by mistake, but then I realized I just had to load the save! Yay for save games!  Grin

ctrl2004
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #847 on: August 06, 2015, 02:08:30 PM »

In the character creation I'd like to see a randomize button, so we can use if we have no creativity with the names/clothes (or don't find a good combination and let the game select it  Grin).
austin1298
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #848 on: August 06, 2015, 02:45:52 PM »

In the character creation I'd like to see a randomize button, so we can use if we have no creativity with the names/clothes (or don't find a good combination and let the game select it  Grin).
^ +1
AD1337
Level 9

Lucas Molina

View Profile WWW
« Reply #849 on: August 07, 2015, 04:16:07 PM »

In the character creation I'd like to see a randomize button, so we can use if we have no creativity with the names/clothes (or don't find a good combination and let the game select it  Grin).
^ +1
Sure, I already had one for testing. I removed it because I didn't want players to customize everything carefully then hit it by mistake and lose it, but I can add an "are you sure?" message if you customized something to make sure this doesn't happen.

NEW SITE PREVIEW!

Please tell me if you like it  Smiley Big thanks to Arian for coding it.

Things that will change before the site goes live:
-Greenlight trailer replaced with launch trailer.
-Steam widget at the bottom with the game's price will be added.

Zorg
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #850 on: August 08, 2015, 01:07:44 AM »

Overall i like it. It's a huge improvement!

But it feels like you could add some detail. For example, use a serif/sans-serif font combination. Renaissance-Antiqua and italics, of course!* Wink

Zoom
* I was lazy and simply used font-style: serif; here, but you get the idea. Maybe you could test 'EB Garamont', GoogleFonts.

Or add some subtle Renaissance corner elements to the divs:

Lazy, again.

Edit: One additional thought: for browser screen sizes, which are bigger than your background image you could use body { background-size: cover; }.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 01:49:49 AM by zorg » Logged
ernanir
Level 2

Hello World

View Profile WWW
« Reply #851 on: August 08, 2015, 05:33:30 AM »

Overall i like it. It's a huge improvement!

But it feels like you could add some detail. For example, use a serif/sans-serif font combination. Renaissance-Antiqua and italics, of course!* Wink

Zoom
* I was lazy and simply used font-style: serif; here, but you get the idea. Maybe you could test 'EB Garamont', GoogleFonts.

Or add some subtle Renaissance corner elements to the divs:

Lazy, again.

Edit: One additional thought: for browser screen sizes, which are bigger than your background image you could use body { background-size: cover; }.

Great tips.

AD1337
Level 9

Lucas Molina

View Profile WWW
« Reply #852 on: August 08, 2015, 06:51:26 AM »

Thanks for the feedback, zorg. I've made the changes and they'll be in the final site  Smiley

MadProf085
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #853 on: August 09, 2015, 08:46:56 AM »

So, is the beta coming out today, or do we have to wait longer before we get to sample this great game Gentleman Gentleman  Tongue
AD1337
Level 9

Lucas Molina

View Profile WWW
« Reply #854 on: August 09, 2015, 09:02:15 AM »

So, is the beta coming out today, or do we have to wait longer before we get to sample this great game Gentleman Gentleman  Tongue

I might be able to get everything ready today, but everyone will have to be a bit patient. I'll invite people slowly, so at first only a few close friends will get beta. The more "open" beta will probably take another week, and I'll still invite people gradually. The reason for this is so that I can fix bugs and have other people test the new version instead of everyone testing the same version.

Thanks for understanding  Smiley

MadProf085
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #855 on: August 09, 2015, 09:08:28 AM »

I completely understand, was simply wondering is all, thank you for the quick response  Coffee Coffee
Vitor Campioni
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #856 on: August 11, 2015, 03:45:30 AM »

This project is amazing! Waiting for it.  Smiley

AD1337
Level 9

Lucas Molina

View Profile WWW
« Reply #857 on: August 12, 2015, 02:09:44 PM »

I completely understand, was simply wondering is all, thank you for the quick response  Coffee Coffee
This project is amazing! Waiting for it.  Smiley

Thanks  Smiley

New website is up - still need to replace that video with the trailer and add steam widget

Beta has begun with about 10 testers, gonna add more in the next days.

Bombini
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #858 on: August 12, 2015, 11:09:55 PM »

Good job!
Exciting to see the progress!
The preview image of the video looks a bit blurry. Maybe you want to change that.

TheTheomach
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #859 on: August 13, 2015, 05:37:17 AM »

Looks great my man! I can't believe beta has finally arrived Coffee
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 46
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic