Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411583 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 06, 2024, 05:03:52 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesNintendo Switch (formerly NX)
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 59
Print
Author Topic: Nintendo Switch (formerly NX)  (Read 66529 times)
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #340 on: October 27, 2016, 12:38:24 PM »

you could do that mechanically using gears (of war)

i mean i don't think they use circuits lol

EDIT: i am talking about these tomy windup games, not the arduino mario thing ofc
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: October 27, 2016, 12:42:44 PM »

check this shit

and this shit
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: October 27, 2016, 12:43:53 PM »

I was talking about pocket hardware Shocked
I mean you need detector.

I don't know about that tomy wind up though, is there any sense of feedback?

b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #343 on: October 27, 2016, 12:44:37 PM »

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: October 27, 2016, 12:46:14 PM »

sega doe's what nitnedodnt
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #345 on: October 27, 2016, 12:50:24 PM »

YES! THIS ONE, that was the one I had! lol

Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #346 on: October 27, 2016, 01:12:49 PM »

i had that same one!!! my grandma got it at a garage sale for me

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #347 on: October 27, 2016, 01:30:57 PM »

i had the goldeneye tiger handheld. i never figured out how to actually play that shit (a common experience with tiger handhelds)
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: October 27, 2016, 01:57:04 PM »

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1301255
Kimishima: "wider array" of Switch accessories/add-on hardware coming

switch will have analog you will see Giggle

bittwyst
Level 1

Twitter: @bittwyst

View Profile WWW
« Reply #349 on: October 28, 2016, 01:52:37 AM »

As an official 3rd party developer, I can confirm that we will be releasing all titles exclusively on Betamax.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #350 on: October 28, 2016, 03:02:31 AM »

why not use the far superior laserdisc medium? wft nintendno??? you HAVE BETRAYED YOUR LOYAL FANS
HJackson78
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #351 on: October 28, 2016, 08:03:49 AM »

This item looks good. I need to buy this switch.
Richard Kain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #352 on: October 28, 2016, 10:42:23 AM »

Kimishima: "wider array" of Switch accessories/add-on hardware coming

I could have told you this before they even announced it. And after they announced it, all of my suspicions were confirmed.

The Nintendo Switch is going to be accessory-friendly, extremely so in fact. It's part of the reason they decided to go with this form factor. Nintendo wants this thing to have decent retail presence. They need units in stores, and stores happy about it. Making an accessory-friendly device is a big part of that strategy. Accessories are where the mark-up for devices like this live. Accessories are where stores make the real money on games. It will be an accessory-palooza when the Nintendo Switch launches.

I'm okay with this, largely because it opens up some interesting possibilities for custom controllers. I'd really like to see some custom controllers for the Switch that are geared toward vertically-oriented play. I like me some classic shmups, and being able to rotate a screen like this in your hands is a pretty big advantage.
Tuba
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #353 on: October 28, 2016, 11:18:24 AM »

The joycon is designed to be held vertically or horizontally so I guess you could play it vertically already with the default controller. Could feel a little uncomfortable depending on how much that thing weight.

Raptor85
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #354 on: October 28, 2016, 12:04:51 PM »

i like the idea of swapping controls around like this but holy crap that controller looks awkward and tiny. Reminds me of the GBA SP which i personally found impossible to play on (so much so that i soldered a backlight into my GBA classic to keep using it instead). I'd also imagine you'll end up paying out the ass in the longrun for all the controller parts to play games on this thing.

What's with nintendo making controllers in weird shapes that are uncomfortable to hold btw, Wii, WiiU, and now this have all had funky control schemes and i always end up getting frustrated at my lack of ability to control my character either from motion controls (I'm looking at YOU monster hunter tri and all my accidental rolls and potion drinking getting my killed because my hand moved...) or from tiny buttons all squished in a small area and placed in a pattern where i have to bend a finger backwards to hit two at once.  Thankfully the origional DS had human-sized controls but then they went right back to designing controls for magical forest elves with the 3ds....

-Fuzzy Spider
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: October 28, 2016, 12:57:00 PM »

What's with nintendo making controllers in weird shapes that are uncomfortable to hold btw

Innovation™
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #356 on: October 28, 2016, 01:51:06 PM »

to think they made the snes joypad some days ago.

i cant stand to use the 3ds controls.

also making buttloads of accesories has always been the nintendo way

Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #357 on: October 28, 2016, 02:38:31 PM »

What's with nintendo making controllers in weird shapes that are uncomfortable to hold btw

Innovation™
courage

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: October 28, 2016, 03:18:00 PM »

Also weird stuff like
- the dpad
- the flip button
- start and select
- analog stick
- rumble
- touchscreen

Raptor85
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #359 on: October 28, 2016, 03:49:36 PM »

- the dpad : Intellivision had it first, there were also a few other random things that had one, NES had a better one and PS1-4 has the best one though Tongue
- the flip button : No clue what this is
- start and select : Nintendo was first to call it start but plenty of earlier controllers had center "menu"/etc buttons
- analog stick : Sega did it first, they had thumbstick controllers for everything mega-drive and up.
- rumble : nintendo did have the first small controller one, but there were plenty of flightsticks that had it already.
- touchscreen : sega made a color touch handheld in the early 90's, but canceled it before launch due to it being too expensive, there were tons of touchscreen games for the iPaq's (not an apple product) though, but yeah touchscreen gaming sucked and didnt take off till the ds...oh wait, it still sucks...fuck touchscreens.

Nintendo doesn't really innovate, they just toss together things everyone else already has done as soon as they start to get cheaper and more popular then ride the hype train all the way to the bank.  Not saying there's anything wrong with that either, i mean, waiting to do a color handheld gave us the FANTASTIC GBA, just now that we're beyond the more practical innovations they're still doing the same thing, building on whatever is starting to be hype and dropping in price, and it's leading to some pretty hard to use game systems...

-Fuzzy Spider
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 59
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic