Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411579 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 05, 2024, 03:54:39 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesRIP Konami?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 31
Print
Author Topic: RIP Konami?  (Read 46317 times)
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 04, 2015, 04:32:49 AM »

your konami thing is a bit of a lot weird dude
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 05, 2015, 01:53:14 PM »

the konami hate is starting to get *a little* ridiculous
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 05, 2015, 08:21:58 PM »

Hello, ladies.  Look at your man.  Now back to me.  Now look at your man.  Now, back to me.  Sadly, he isn't me.  But maybe if he stopped playing Call Of Duty and switched to Metal Gear Solid, he could play like he's me.  Look down.  Now look up.  You're in a desert, with the man your man could play as. What's that?  I have it.  It's an iDroid, giving you the ability to play some missions you'll love.  Now look again.  The iDroid just called in support fire from a helicopter.  Anything is possible when your man plays like Big Boss and not some dude with a skull mask.  I'm on a horse.

the konami hate is starting to get *a little* ridiculous

yes but that's fun, not like konami wasn't ridiculous too, he just come out clearly has teh symbol of everything that was always wrong with publisher

Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 06, 2015, 02:54:27 AM »

they got what they deserve

even before that their publishing was kiss of death for young teams, not to mention mistreating workers is no-go

although we should fuc all major publishers since bullshit like crunches and release firing is a norm
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 06, 2015, 03:22:10 AM »

not saying they don't deserve any hate. just seeing "fuckonami" and "a hideo kojima game" (still dont understand why the 2nd one is a big deal) everywhere is getting a bit annoying.

but i guess that's the internet for you. every sort of backlash inevitably grows into a massive shitstorm where everyone wants to chip in somehow and ppl end up forgetting what they were even reacting against.
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 06, 2015, 03:29:02 AM »

less anoying than every corner of internet being MGS 5 text lets play

seriously, i dont care about you balloning videotapes or whatever bullshit you do in that game
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 06, 2015, 04:51:12 AM »

i tip my spaghetti out of the high chair every time a chronically horny 60 year old japanese teen is asked for a reasonable project deadline alongside the blank cheque he's given to make an unfinished miltary themed dead or alive beach volleyball sequel
jamesprimate
Level 10

wave emoji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #207 on: September 07, 2015, 05:36:17 PM »

Hand Clap Hand Clap Hand Clap

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 11, 2015, 10:28:29 AM »

no more pt even if you had it on local*
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1110470

FucKonami

*not exactly true, context is key

jamesprimate
Level 10

wave emoji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #209 on: September 18, 2015, 05:15:18 AM »

damn son http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-09-18-konami-ceases-triple-a-console-production-on-all-but-pes-report

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: September 18, 2015, 06:22:36 AM »

not surprising but still, rip in peace

just think of the ridiculous amount of popular franchises that now cease to exist outside of mobile and pachinko machines. also i guess because konami isn't bankrupt theres very little chance of other publishers picking up the slack.
Pampattitude
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #211 on: September 18, 2015, 08:11:03 AM »

not surprising but still, rip in peace

just think of the ridiculous amount of popular franchises that now cease to exist outside of mobile and pachinko machines. also i guess because konami isn't bankrupt theres very little chance of other publishers picking up the slack.
Well, video game is still in its infancy both as an art form and a product. I guess it'll get sharper and better after every "revolution". We'll just have to wait and observe :/
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: September 18, 2015, 08:27:30 AM »

for a lot of their ips stepping back from the brink of aaa madness which ate their asses on stuff like castlevania makes sense and actually gives them a chance at life. castlevania, bomberman, etc are absolutely done as big name games. the mobile ecosystems are slowly integrating into the home with plays from apple, amazon, and a million android set top boxes. if they can actually retain or hire any staff at all to do what they plan (use existing console assets to develop mobile titles) it'll put them on a more sustainable footing instead of being the metal gear and nothing else company.
Faust06
Level 5

terminally laid-back

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 18, 2015, 08:28:04 AM »

Well, video game is still in its infancy both as an art form and a product.

Maybe as an art-form, but product? I don't buy it. If pieces of entertainment can cost upward 80 million to develop for mass consumption I think we're past infancy and into turbulent adolescence. It's all relative, but from the vantage point of year 2015 that's how it seems like to me.
foreignsubstances
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #214 on: September 18, 2015, 09:39:09 AM »

I'd rather play the mobile games than the new MGS. I'm just not the target audience for that series anymore - haven't been since MGS 1.

Hopefully the games won't be crappy rehashes of already successful mobile ideas with Konami IP slapped on it.

Hopefully.

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 18, 2015, 10:18:53 AM »

you wish

foreignsubstances
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #216 on: September 18, 2015, 06:38:26 PM »

I do  Hand Fork Left

16soft
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 18, 2015, 08:45:28 PM »

Bye Konami, please make an asset sale so somebody who gives a shit about your IPs can use them for good.
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 18, 2015, 09:14:36 PM »

Earlier

jamesprimate
Level 10

wave emoji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #219 on: September 19, 2015, 07:58:11 AM »

Huh! you should seriously FWD that to polyon and everybody else thats going nuts with the "Komani abandoning MGS" news. ethics. journalism. etc.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 31
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic