Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411576 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 04, 2024, 10:25:06 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSOMERVILLE - A Sci-fi Adventure
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16
Print
Author Topic: SOMERVILLE - A Sci-fi Adventure  (Read 95037 times)
Netsu
Level 10

proficient at just chillin'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #160 on: June 15, 2015, 01:57:01 AM »

Jesus fucking christ how did I miss this, those animations and special effects are mind blowing! I'll definitely be going back to this thread for reference and inspiration.

Have you ever thought about documenting your animation process? I think you could actually sell tutorials.

Olsen
Level 1

somervillegame.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #161 on: June 15, 2015, 02:16:28 AM »

Jesus fucking christ how did I miss this, those animations and special effects are mind blowing! I'll definitely be going back to this thread for reference and inspiration.

Have you ever thought about documenting your animation process? I think you could actually sell tutorials.

Cheers buddy!

Yeah I was thinking about streaming some animation processes on twitch, just didn't know if people would be interested/could be bothered.  I animate in a big 'ol studio for film as a day job so I have to balance my output unless I burn out.  But yeah, lemme put something together as a test.

Netsu
Level 10

proficient at just chillin'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #162 on: June 16, 2015, 12:06:59 AM »

So that's why your animations look so professional Smiley

Olsen
Level 1

somervillegame.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #163 on: June 16, 2015, 03:37:43 AM »

FINAL HUMAN ASSET FOR PROLOGUE DONE!

Have a feeling he's gonna be the hardest character to animate.

BC92
Level 0

@1Saiyan_

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 16, 2015, 08:00:52 AM »

This game looks amazing, also I'm from Somerville [MA].
Looking forward to playing this game !
Olsen
Level 1

somervillegame.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #165 on: June 17, 2015, 06:14:41 AM »

@BC92 - Cheers mate! Apologies I just stole the name for my protagonist.  Interestingly I've my twitter hashtagging occasionally involves people late to Somerville High School Football games. 

Olsen
Level 1

somervillegame.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #166 on: June 17, 2015, 06:18:23 AM »

ONTO VEHICLE AND SHIP WORK

So lucky it's all minimalist.  Even on something so simple as this pyramid stuck to a cube I start to fall apart.  Twinkly lights help though!

Mattie
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 17, 2015, 08:27:34 AM »

That looks super cool. Does the tip of the pyramid shoot laser by any chance? Would surely look quite badass.  Well, hello there!
Olsen
Level 1

somervillegame.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #168 on: June 17, 2015, 11:56:37 PM »

@Mattie - Undecided yet.  Was thinking more of an angled laser at the middle of the cross that wipes across the ground death ray style.  It also needs to strobe across the sky.  The craft inside fly out of the vertical line in droves though. 

Hmmm maybe I'll do an anim test tonight for fun.

Olsen
Level 1

somervillegame.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #169 on: June 23, 2015, 08:45:57 AM »

LASER IDEA FOR GROUND UNITS

With only 2 ships to finish by Saturday I'm ahead of this months schedule. Thought I'd mess around with some animation doodling.

acatalept
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #170 on: June 23, 2015, 08:53:15 AM »

I'm ahead of this months schedule.

Whoa whoa whoa... are you sure you're developing a game? Tongue

Seriously, that's great news, and I have to say every post looks more amazing than the last!  This looks more like a playable animated movie than a mere game...

Olsen
Level 1

somervillegame.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #171 on: June 23, 2015, 09:03:41 AM »

I'm ahead of this months schedule.

Whoa whoa whoa... are you sure you're developing a game? Tongue

Seriously, that's great news, and I have to say every post looks more amazing than the last!  This looks more like a playable animated movie than a mere game...

Hehe.  It's my first scheduled month and it's pure asset creation.  I cut a load of corners in this regard and saved myself some time.  Next month will be where the real work starts trying to get a proper start to finish of the prologue working in 30 days.

cheers for your kind words!

oldblood
Level 10

...Not again.

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 23, 2015, 10:57:49 AM »

Havent posted in awhile but just wanted to say (as usual), this is looking really good. Love the ship and laser design. Awesome to hear you're staying on schedule! That's super hard to do when you've already got full time commitments elsewhere.

Olsen
Level 1

somervillegame.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #173 on: June 23, 2015, 06:22:54 PM »

Cheers Oldblood!  Yeah I've stayed pretty realistic with my deadlines as to not burnout but I'm still on the edge of being completely swamped from week to week.  Posting often and keeping close contact with you guys help fuel the fire.

Olsen
Level 1

somervillegame.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #174 on: June 25, 2015, 03:26:13 AM »

DROPSHIP/APC WIP

Got the model to a standard good enough to drop into the game for now.  They're more looming threat from above than forefront hero ships.  Got me thinking about FX as they drift through the sky.  Would love them to be accompanied by thick dry ice cascading off the top or something.  Bare in mind the red neon is my default but I still have to mix up the neons come game time.  It's just easiest to slap red in there and move on.  Anyway, onto the last ship that'll take me some time.

Reilly
Level 2

14/f/tx

View Profile WWW
« Reply #175 on: June 25, 2015, 08:45:40 AM »

Don't know how I've failed to comment but I love the atmosphere of this project and your attention to detail in regards to animation is fantastic.
Keep it up bruh.

kanabeach
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 25, 2015, 08:54:28 AM »

it's very beautiful.. Hand Thumbs Up Left Wink Hand Thumbs Up Right

sueds
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #177 on: June 25, 2015, 11:23:26 PM »

Love the art and the animation look stellar. Keep up the good work. Looking forward to buy / kickstart the game.

YXMX
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 04, 2015, 05:20:25 PM »

I just randomly stumble here thanks to twitter. Very impressive work.

Olsen
Level 1

somervillegame.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #179 on: July 07, 2015, 02:32:59 AM »

DRONE SWITCH UP

So I simplified the drone's role in the game.  It now functions more like a scanning land mine, sweeping very low to the ground.  Then when you're within it's vision cone it pops up and does this to you.  I had to animate what happens when you don't counter it's attack and so ended up with this!

@Yamasakai, sueds, kanabeach, Reilly.  Cheers for your support!

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic