Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411603 Posts in 69388 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: gravitygat

May 08, 2024, 02:01:42 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsTHE EDGE OF REASON |[ GHOST MOUSE ]| - !! on hiatus !!
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: THE EDGE OF REASON |[ GHOST MOUSE ]| - !! on hiatus !!  (Read 7461 times)
Devi Ever
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2016, 02:44:34 PM »

snakes and worms... frame rate is a tad sped up in this gif... runs a little slower but at 60fps none the less

video with sound here : https://twitter.com/fuzzgoddess/status/729438406271344640

NoLocality
Level 1

AssetsAssetsAssetsAssetsAssets...

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2016, 03:23:13 PM »

The longer I watched the GIF above the more the skele-mouse's hips stuck out to me...that thing must have had one big ol' badonkadonk in it's living days lol.

I'm always up for a good 2D run and gun, especially when the premise is unique (ghost mouse shoots up the afterlife?...okay I'm listening).

Nice work so far, I'm gonna follow and see where this goes.

jctwood
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2016, 02:02:55 AM »

Looking really lovely! Not too sure about ghost mouse's run particles though, kept thinking it was a worm that had caught up. Also did I see a worm burrow and resurface at one point in the clip?

de11ed
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2016, 05:10:55 AM »

Wow! I love the smooth animations and the colors Smiley I don't really know about the title screen though, the floating effect is a little off by my opinion.

composer • producer • songwriter • human
Website | Twitter | Soundcloud
Devi Ever
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2016, 03:04:28 AM »

Spawning point?

Reusing assets from an earlier project of mine. :3

The longer I watched the GIF above the more the skele-mouse's hips stuck out to me...that thing must have had one big ol' badonkadonk in it's living days lol.

I'm always up for a good 2D run and gun, especially when the premise is unique (ghost mouse shoots up the afterlife?...okay I'm listening).

Nice work so far, I'm gonna follow and see where this goes.

Ha ha.  That is hilarious.  His hips are actually modeled after a previous attempt at a walk cycle from a more womanly figured character of mine, so that's apt!

(dat violent head bob tho)

Glad you like what I have so far!

Looking really lovely! Not too sure about ghost mouse's run particles though, kept thinking it was a worm that had caught up. Also did I see a worm burrow and resurface at one point in the clip?

I think the run particles make more sense when you are playing but I'll keep it in mind.

No worm burrowing, but that's not a bad idea!

Wow! I love the smooth animations and the colors Smiley I don't really know about the title screen though, the floating effect is a little off by my opinion.

Thanks, and who knows what the title screen will look like by the end of it all!

Devi Ever
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2016, 10:14:52 AM »

better

... would make a good sticker.

jctwood
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2016, 10:25:43 AM »

The use of the black outline on the spawn is very slick for distinguishing from the background. Love the spawn point in general though, very creepy.

Devi Ever
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2016, 09:21:36 PM »

Decided to make it floating instead.

The use of the black outline on the spawn is very slick for distinguishing from the background. Love the spawn point in general though, very creepy.

Thank you! :D

alyxjones
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2016, 12:50:06 AM »

Ah this is looking wicked! I like skelemouse, it reminds me of skeleanimals: http://a66c7b.medialib.glogster.com/media/e8/e896cea2a1a4ca54c450982a8496fa3d2d66d47fed1f28a2dbf5969b508a85f3/kit.png
:D
Devi Ever
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2016, 03:40:10 PM »

WIP procedurally generated cave system for the overworld.

Ah this is looking wicked! I like skelemouse, it reminds me of skeleanimals:

:D

aw heck yeahhh!  THanks!!!

Thirteen
Level 0

@i_am_thirteen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2016, 07:30:31 PM »

I'm loving your art, sweetheart. Keep going Smiley

Devi Ever
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2016, 07:53:06 PM »

Slowly working on item bar.

I'm loving your art, sweetheart. Keep going Smiley

Thanks friend.  Wizard Hand Point Right
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 08:15:43 PM by fuzzgoddess » Logged

Devi Ever
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2016, 12:15:24 AM »

Gettin' there.

Devi Ever
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2016, 03:24:08 AM »

It's a small thing, but messin' with procedural generation of ground clutter, adds a nice subtle organic look to everything.  Makes me realize I really need to settle on a look for the walls and get some bitwise going.

Devi Ever
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2016, 12:55:54 AM »

Bitwise in effect! + programmer art workin' on block breakin'

Devi Ever
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2016, 03:12:15 AM »

Bitwise + breaking now works perfectly! :D

foofter
Level 4

MAKE THAT GARDEN GROW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2016, 08:16:09 AM »

It's always nice to see a (mostly) black and white aesthetic done in a really cool way! I really like blasting the simple white cubes GIF, too.

Honestly, I like non-skeleton mouse better, but then again I like cute living things and not bloody skeletons. I'm all for the creepy element, but what if only enemies were skeletons (or only allies)? Kinda weird when they're both skeletal? Or maybe I'm just looking for excuses to go back to the old mouse XD.

Nice blasting action, though. Reminds me of the Japanese indie game Downwell.

@_monstergarden (game) and @williamzwood (me)
See Monster Garden progress here: https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=56012.0
torcado
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2016, 11:13:12 AM »

oh man I loove the visuals! Looks really awesome

Devi Ever
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2016, 12:22:42 PM »

stress testing block breaking.

Nice blasting action, though. Reminds me of the Japanese indie game Downwell.

Thanks!  Downwell was a HUGE inspiration for Ghost Mouse.  I realized I needed to keep things simple and the 3 color format is a great challenge and limitation to keep me focused... and yeah, I love Downwell's aesthetic in itself as well.  Wizard Hand Point Right

oh man I loove the visuals! Looks really awesome

Thank you!   Hand Pencil Embarrassed

Devi Ever
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2016, 05:10:54 AM »

I'm a huge fan of collecting records in Minecraft and even enjoyed the music collecting in Tiny and Big (though didn't feel it was integrated well into the gameplay)... so yeah, that's definitely going to be a part of Ghost Mouse.

Also I've been thinking a lot about how to make the musical experience unique, and recently, unrelated, I had been daydreaming of creating a demoscene style tracker in Construct 2.  Now I'm beginning to wonder just how difficult it'd be to not only create a tracker in C2, but also my own proprietary music format for Ghost Mouse that I could send the tracker out to musical friends and have some novel in game music to find and enjoy! :D

I'm seriously considering taking some time off from the standard development of Ghost Mouse to work on the tracker, but we'll see what ends up happening.  I'm real close to implementing item collection, as well as the damage and hunger mechanics, so I might bust those to have this game reach what I'd consider to be the 1% complete mark.  Well, hello there! Hand Thumbs Up Right

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic