Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411827 Posts in 69417 Topics- by 58462 Members - Latest Member: silverIV

May 30, 2024, 07:01:14 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsPoint Of No Return [Interactive LP - Album / Game] (Single/Teaser released!)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Point Of No Return [Interactive LP - Album / Game] (Single/Teaser released!)  (Read 918 times)
xil
Level 0

twitter.com/calicoreverie

View Profile WWW
« on: August 04, 2016, 05:15:33 PM »

Myself and axlalxalx are proud to announce what I believe is both our first foray into the world of full-length games.

Point Of No Return is an interactive LP - imagine you wrote an album and thought "Hey, wouldn't it be cool if someone could not only play my album and listen to it, but if they could also 'play' it literally". Well, that's pretty much what when through the mind of alxalxalx and I took up the challenge to create the 'play' part.

Story

You play as the captain of the Calico Reverie. You are on a mission to complete the construction of an AB gate in the Emrud system. Once completed, the gate you construct will connect to another gate near earth and allow fast travel between the two locations.

Credits

Music and story by alxalxalx
Graphics and programming by xil
Promotional poster by Hugo Passarinho (onedarkbird.com)

Download

Download Point Of No Return Single/Teaser from GameJolt
Download Point Of No Return Single/Teaser from Mirror1

EP/Demo coming 2017

Features

The entire game will take place for the length of the album (once completing a play-through you will however be able to unlock an unlimited mode).
The game will be played from a first-person perspective.
You can interact with the ship's systems and on-board computer by loading your Retinal Console Device (RCD).
Progressing the story will require accessing and querying a database of information (similar to Her Story) as well as manipulating systems available from the RCD.

Media

Music Sample: Click here

A quick look at part of the intro.

Interacting with the on-board computer PaL.

Some alpha footage of interacting with the Cpanel.

Waking up after stasis requires some tests.

Remember, no answers are considered wrong.

The database might provide some useful information, you just need to know what to search for.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 12:34:02 PM by xil » Logged

Calico Reverie - Independent Game Development, Pixel Art & Other Stuff
Games: Mi - Starlit Grave - IAMJASON - Aractaur - blind to siberia - Wrong Channel - Memoriae - Point Of No Return
Lo-Phi
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2016, 08:06:57 PM »

Really interesting idea. As a fan of music and video games I'm really looking forward to what becomes of this!

xil
Level 0

twitter.com/calicoreverie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2016, 11:04:53 AM »

Hey everyone, we've just released a Single/Teaser and website (http://point-of-no-return.com) for Point Of No Return and would love some feedback. It's only a very small portion of the game and is lite on gameplay but it does show off some of the visuals and music of course.

Here are a couple of more colourful screenshots as well to show that it won't all be black, white and green Wink

Download Point Of No Return Single/Teaser from GameJolt
Download Point Of No Return Single/Teaser from Mirror1

We've also set up a Tumblr and a Twitter account for the ship's computer PAL, which we will use as the primary place to post updates. I'll still put all the major updates on here though of course!

Calico Reverie - Independent Game Development, Pixel Art & Other Stuff
Games: Mi - Starlit Grave - IAMJASON - Aractaur - blind to siberia - Wrong Channel - Memoriae - Point Of No Return
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic