Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411602 Posts in 69388 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: gravitygat

May 08, 2024, 12:15:08 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsFuel Run First game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Fuel Run First game  (Read 277 times)
KarenCrawford
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« on: November 24, 2016, 07:39:19 PM »

I am just getting started on my first game using Unity.

The game will be pretty simple.  Basically a 3D version of the classic Asteroids game with a little extra.

Players will fly around in 3D space and blast Asteroids which will break into smaller pieces using the left mouse button to fire the laser.  Certain asteroids will randomly appear that are colored bright gold (possibly a different color).  Those are the asteroids that contain fuel, and the player must use the right mouse button to extract the fuel using a tractor beam.

The player starts with 1000 fuel, and the object is to reach 3000 and then warp out of the asteroid field.  Energy is consumed in small amounts while using the thrusters and the laser, and in larger amounts if players run into asteroids.  The bigger the asteroid, the more fuel must be utilized by the shields to protect the players ships.  Getting hit by an asteroid without having enough fuel to absorb the damage is player loss.

Nothing terribly difficult.  I already have the art for the ship, asteroids, skybox, sounds and music.... so in the end, it will just be coding it all and putting it together.

My idea is to put it on Itch for free ( with optional donations)  and then do kinda a stretch goal thing where if players enjoy the game and I get some donations, spend more time adding things like enemy ships with drops that improve your ship, as well as something like maybe a high score screen ( based on time to get to 3000).
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic