Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411596 Posts in 69387 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: YomiKu_0

May 07, 2024, 09:06:41 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsTwins Adventure
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Twins Adventure  (Read 378 times)
ice-pro
Level 0

View Profile
« on: November 28, 2016, 04:15:05 PM »

Download: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0yN15vTZD-dWFFkN3hXOWhIZTA

Finally! Demo is ready! Yeah, I’ve spent 100 hours working on this game and now I want to present it to you, guys.

But first things first… Let’s start with introduction.

I love puzzles, so that is why “Twins Adventure” is all about it. While starting work on this game I got a very interesting idea (for now I’m not sure that it is unique, but anyway): what if a player can control more that one character while solving a puzzle? It forces the player to bring more strategy on the board.

Sate
Currently, there are 9 levels and around 10 game elements. I get used to call it 'Demo', because it has not polished yet, there isn’t enough narrative and the count of levels is not satisfactory. But still, it is ready enough to been showed to others. And I hope I can get some feedback from you. It will be very helpful for me to move forward.

Story
The main idea is very simple: you have two players under control, and you have to unlock the level to move on. To unlock the level you need to open keyholes with keys. And this must be done synchronously.

Board
Each level of the game takes place on a new board. Different items on it can help you or interfere. Some of items and characters have specific color which means that they are “compatible”. For example: Green Key can be picked by only Green Character. And Green Keyhole can be unlocked by only Green Key. Also there are some movement rules are in place. For example one character cannot step of the cell where the other one has already stayed (I believe it is obvious).

Here is a list of existing items
Main Characters.
These guys are under your control. Use them to solve the level.
Key.
The main item that will help you to unlock the level. Can be picked only by the character of the same color.
Mirror.
You will start moving in the opposite direction with its help
Keyhole.
This is your target. Open both keyholes located on the level to move on. But open them at the same time! And of course use the key of the same color.
Puddle.
Carefully, it is oil. You character will overslip this cell when he steps on it.
Freeze.
It’s cold and here you can get stuck here.
Speed boost.
Now you can run and not just walk
Crispy floor.
It’s dangerous and can be used only once
Teleport.
Quick way to get from one cell to another.

Game Controls
Move Control: Arrows
Restart the Level: R Key

I appreciate any types of feedbacks so feel free to say anything you think about the game.

Regards,
ICE
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 04:31:52 PM by ice-pro » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic