Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411711 Posts in 69403 Topics- by 58457 Members - Latest Member: FezzikTheGiant

May 20, 2024, 06:31:01 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperTechnical (Moderator: ThemsAllTook)MSVC runtime library terminates Codeblocks
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: MSVC runtime library terminates Codeblocks  (Read 928 times)
Kekskiller
« on: March 31, 2010, 02:26:57 AM »

Hey guys, I have a strange problem here preventing me from continous game development.

I'm using CodeBlocks on Windows XP and all worked fine until some days ago. The thing is, I copied Codeblocks from my laptop to a desktop PC and was able to compile stuff normally. 2 days later I suddenly got this message:

I'm not sure why but it didn't work anymore. I tried to unstall/reinstall CodeBlocks again but I keep getting the same error. A reason could be the MSVC runtime library which I installed with Bioshock 2 - I'm used to have CB and the lib simultaneously on my desktop, so I don't think it's the real reason why it terminates CodeBlocks.

Can think you of another reason? Anyone else experienced the same problems? Couldn't find a solution, even Google can't help me.
Mipe
Level 10

Migrating to imagination.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 02:39:41 AM »

Have you tried updating the MSVC runtime librarly separately from Bioshock 2? There are many different versions floating about, each custom tailored for specific circumstances.
Kekskiller
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2010, 04:01:51 AM »

Did some research and it seems to be something MSVC-specific. And yeah, I just need to find the version CB uses, copy it to the CB directory and everything will be fine (I hope so).

If anyones knows which version CB needs, share it here. I'll go back browsing the web/forums.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic