Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411543 Posts in 69383 Topics- by 58442 Members - Latest Member: vicemask

May 03, 2024, 03:23:41 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingMuslim Massacre is finished, site live
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Author Topic: Muslim Massacre is finished, site live  (Read 18161 times)
Sigvatr
BANNED
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2008, 02:11:51 PM »

So, most likely you don't give a shit and all, being the devilmaycare Sigvatr, but your game has affected me more deeply than most. In addition, it was extremely polished, with an excellent quality of music, pixel art and gameplay. It seems a bit of a waste though since I'm sure I never want to play it again.

My dream game is a game which will stop you from playing games all together.
MekanikDestructiwKommando
Level 3

Let's ROCK!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2008, 08:27:55 PM »

Hey, I thought Super Columbine Massacre was a good game, as art. (I failed to complete it since I didn't grab Nietzsche's book from the school, WTF design). I've never shot up a school (and don't intend to -_-), but some of the thoughts and ways of thinking the characters had, I've had. For some point of views, killing the people you know makes complete sense.
I don't think we should censor games or art or books or anything. If it's trash, it's trash. If it makes you think more then it "offends" taste, makes you understand that it is possible for people to think this way.. well, what you do with that information is up to you, I won't preach anything except this: How can you prevent social "catastrophe" if you do not understand what causes it in the first place? To catch a thief or a killer, think like a thief or killer..
--
that being said this game looks absolutely ridiculous from either an "understanding humanity" or "poignant" point of view. But I don't care, I'm going to play it anyways.

There have always been interactive experiences that go beyond entertainment.  For example, if mafia games are too fun for you, then you can always join the mafia.
ChevyRay
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2008, 12:25:19 AM »

I'm no liberal pussy, so I intend to download it. However, just from looking at the pictures, it looks like the contrast between the protagonist and the background can cause some confusion (or eyesores). My only feedback right now would be to change the protagonist's outfit colors to make it easier to identify him while playing.
It's not too hard, when you play. The enemies come so fast, and the characters is always at the center of the screen, so it's not much of an issue. But otherwise, it would be, and I'd agree.
Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2008, 09:30:33 AM »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/2776951/Muslim-Massacre-video-game-condemned-for-glamorising-slaughter-of-Arabs.html

deadeye
First Manbaby Home
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2008, 02:58:03 PM »

When kids spend six hours a day on violent games they are more likely to go outside and commit violence.

WTF WTF WTF

"it's just a game where you blow the gently caress out of arabs,” he wrote. "Gently caress" is internet slang for a common swear word.

Internet slang?  Hehe, no... it's just SA's filter for the word "fuck" if you're not logged in.

tweet tweet @j_younger
Saker
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2008, 03:10:26 PM »

WTF Huh? first of i didn't play the game or even read the replys here
i hope it is not as it looks like cause am muslim and **** *** if so .
Dragonmaw
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2008, 04:08:59 PM »

I think that showing the human aspect of the massacre, such as the family of the dead victims, would reduce the satirical impact of the game itself, to be honest.  The game parodies things such as the neo-conservative, warmongering mindset as well as the portrayal of war in the media.  By showing the victims, you dilute this satire into being "look at this, isn't it so sad?"  By not showing the consequences, it's bringing attention to an incredibly bad mindset that no group of people should ever be in.  If anything, it makes one angry at how stupid modern media and the "kill them all, let god sort them out" mindset are.

Just my two cents.  Disregarding satirical implications, it's awesomely fun.
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2008, 04:14:03 AM »

Reading that article kind of made me realise that Sigvatr will basically slap any meaning he wants onto this game depending on the situation.

handCraftedRadio
The Ultimate Samurai
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2008, 05:11:27 AM »

This reminds me of how offended I got when a game was released that required the player to kill everyone from my race. Unfortunately, Destroy All Humans was not pulled off the shelves...

Craig Stern
Level 10

I'm not actually all that stern.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2008, 08:58:12 AM »

Really, though, how is the core idea of this game all that different from Counterstrike or America's Army? The only real difference is that Muslim Massacre has the honesty to announce its central premise, and that it takes it to cartoonish extremes.

muku
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2008, 09:05:53 AM »

In Counterstrike, terrorists aren't displayed as Muslims by default, and vice versa. Also, in CS you don't kill civilians (unless you're a terrorist IIRC, which makes you the "bad guy" anyway), and you don't kill people because of their ethnicity or religion.
Bennett
Jinky Jonky and the Spell of the Advergamez 3
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2008, 10:10:22 AM »

Just out of curiosity, after you wrote this did you go and play the game or read the comments here?
Powergloved Andy
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2008, 10:38:40 AM »

This is offensively funny. Or maybe I'm just sick in the head. Either way, I love it.  Evil Evil Evil Evil
Saker
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2008, 01:17:41 AM »

Just out of curiosity, after you wrote this did you go and play the game or read the comments here?

yep .. i did ... but i don't have anything good to tell about the game ... so i prefer not to talk ... anyway ... i want to forget that there is a game like this that in this forum " where most of it's member enjoy killing muslims Huh? "
Danrul
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2008, 04:08:07 AM »

you guys are fucktards.  This is satire.  And it was on Australian national news.  which is full of reporter fucktards.
Bennett
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2008, 07:47:22 AM »

yep .. i did ... but i don't have anything good to tell about the game ... so i prefer not to talk ... anyway ... i want to forget that there is a game like this that in this forum " where most of it's member enjoy killing muslims Huh? "

Nobody here enjoys killing Muslims. I would have thought that was obvious from the comments, but maybe it's not obvious enough.

I see Sigvatr has pulled the game and posted an apology. What can we learn from this series of events?

- Don't ever do satire? (This can't be right)
- Always explain your satire in simplistic terms? (It would be sad if this was necessary)
- There are Some Subjects which are always inappropriate for satire (I disagree with this)
- Keep the parody a bit more subtle, like in the case of Cannon Fodder?

Maybe subtlety is the best solution.
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2008, 08:13:58 AM »

This satire doesn't work very well at this very moment when some real muslim civilians are killed by the dozens daily because of their country being invaded by a retard president with an army of trigger happy morons.
For me the game is more than tasteless, it's unbearable.

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Movius
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2008, 08:46:06 AM »

This game is offensive, it should be banned. My opinion is valid because I lack the ability to comprehend even the most basic parody.
Bennett
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2008, 08:53:58 AM »

This satire doesn't work very well at this very moment when some real muslim civilians are killed by the dozens daily because of their country being invaded by a retard president with an army of trigger happy morons.

But that is exactly why satire is needed! If nobody was actually being killed by trigger happy morons, there would be no point in making a game like this. Satire is a form of critique.
bateleur
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2008, 08:54:21 AM »

- There are Some Subjects which are always inappropriate for satire (I disagree with this)

I disagree with it too, but I think that answer is closest to the reality here.

The problem in this case is similar to Poe's Law. Because there really are people who react in absurd ways to Islam, it is impossible to create a successful parody.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic