Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411539 Posts in 69383 Topics- by 58441 Members - Latest Member: Amit Kumar

May 03, 2024, 12:34:14 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsGangs of Space, 4X MMO shmup
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Gangs of Space, 4X MMO shmup  (Read 1197 times)
Erhune
Level 0

View Profile
« on: September 26, 2014, 02:46:15 AM »

Hi there!

I'm Erhune, a French guy living in Japan, and together with a friend we have been working on Gangs of Space full-time for almost 3 years now.

Gangs of Space draws heavily by 2 genres that we both love: old-school MMOs, and space games. I'd say our biggest inspirations are EVE Online and Realm of the Mad God, even though the game now evolved into something quite unique.

I'll try to post technical stuff here from time to time, but today I wanted to show you what it was like to show our game at the Tokyo Game Show that just ended a few days ago. I figured out that the experience might be valuable to some of you, since it's pretty recent that they have indie games at this very famous event (they actually started last year only).

Part 1: Getting ready for the Tokyo Game Show
Part 2: The big debrief, with lots of text and even more pictures!

If you have any question, feel free to shoot them at me, and I'll do my best to answer! (Can be anything about developing a action-oriented MMO as a sole programmer to the situation of indie games in Japan!)
Fenrir
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2014, 03:48:27 AM »

Nice! How did you managed to get this space at the TGS? You had to pay for it or it was a free invitation?

Erhune
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2014, 01:00:21 AM »

Nice! How did you managed to get this space at the TGS? You had to pay for it or it was a free invitation?

The booths were not free (30,000 Yens for the 2 public days, or 10,000 Yens for the whole 4 days, which makes it ~$300 and ~$1,000), but this year Sony sponsored all the booths with their "Playstation love indies" program. So in the end, it didn't cost us anything for the booth, and since I live in Tokyo, the total expenses were really reasonable for such a big opportunity.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic