Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411632 Posts in 69393 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 13, 2024, 03:55:31 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralAll Purpose Animu Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 259
Print
Author Topic: All Purpose Animu Discussion  (Read 516868 times)
SundownKid
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1740 on: October 26, 2012, 10:41:42 PM »

I think Ergo Proxy was definitely shaping up to be great, but for such a tight-looking and pseudo-intellectual show, I sort of expected it to make more sense at the end. Not that the characters and the episodes themselves weren't interesting, but going over the plot again, the basis behind it all still makes no sense to me. They also basically wasted the whole "sci-fi dystopia" setting by making most of the series a progressively weirder post-apocalyptic wasteland, which means that by the time they returned to the city, there wasn't really any drama at all.

sigfarter
Level 7

卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐

View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: October 26, 2012, 10:55:37 PM »

baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1742 on: October 26, 2012, 11:39:49 PM »

I just found a new favorite series.

Warning: VERY NSFW, very intense in every sense. You will probably come out of this a totally different person than you've gone in; and hopefully, with a new appreciation for anime potential.

This kind of series is why I'm a snob. Smiley

nekokoneko
« Reply #1743 on: October 27, 2012, 12:07:27 AM »

Could someone explain why Ergo Proxy is a masterpiece? I thought it was mediocre at best and for the most part boring.

I could namedrop plenty of obscure and crazy anime like Mind game, Kemonzume, Texhnolyze .. etc!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 12:34:02 AM by nekokoneko » Logged
The Monster King
Level 10

FRKUC im ALWAYS ANGRY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAnerd

View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: October 27, 2012, 12:42:56 AM »

my friend showed me part of mnemosyne i think and i thought it was kinda weird but i only saw part of it
didnt really hook me i guess

did you nerds watch sexy commando yet
Lauchsuppe
Level 3

hruabp

View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: October 27, 2012, 04:43:13 AM »

@VDZ: Yeah, I saw the indestructible pumpkin scene earlier and the video you posted made me laugh my ass off as well. I think I'll give it a try then.

I really loved the setting of Champloo, but I somehow dropped it after a while. I didn't do it intentionally, I just didn't watch the next episode anymore. The artstyle and music were amazing as well, but I somehow didn't get into it. I think I disliked the "lone samurai striving through foreign woods" motive.

Still have the k-on movie ahead, but I guess I'll stick to the new shinsekai yori episode first, which luckily got subbed in the meantime.
Ego_Shiner
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: October 27, 2012, 06:14:20 AM »

champloo isnt as good as bebop for the most part, but a few episodes are up there. the animation is also really gorgeous with the exception of a few episodes, but it just didnt thematically tie together as well as bebop did, and the ending really didnt compare to bebop's. on another note

SPEEDWAGON WITHDRAWS COOLLY

Lo
ink.inc
« Reply #1747 on: October 27, 2012, 07:53:26 AM »

when will the next volume come out ;/
Lauchsuppe
Level 3

hruabp

View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: October 27, 2012, 08:45:54 AM »

what's the name of that manga?
ink.inc
« Reply #1749 on: October 27, 2012, 08:47:23 AM »

what's the name of that manga?

oyasumi punpun

one of my favorite works of all time
nekokoneko
« Reply #1750 on: October 27, 2012, 09:08:32 AM »

PUN PUNNNNNNNN <3
Bandages
« Reply #1751 on: October 27, 2012, 10:34:56 AM »

champloo isnt as good as bebop for the most part, but a few episodes are up there. the animation is also really gorgeous with the exception of a few episodes, but it just didnt thematically tie together as well as bebop did, and the ending really didnt compare to bebop's. on another note

I have no actual idea if this is how it worked, but when I was watching Champloo it seemed like a different studio took on each episode or the two part episodes. The characters were all more or less consistent, but in some episodes they just seemed different, like they had a different writer. Because of this, I felt like there were really only 4 or 5 episodes of Champloo that I loved, and the rest were sort of bland. All the two-part episodes were boring and the show really shined when it was more stuff like: Mugen destroys a gang in an attempt to get laid, Mugen burns a field of pot while fighting a gang and the boys play baseball against American Piggus.

Ego_Shiner
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: October 27, 2012, 10:57:11 AM »

yeah, the show was a lot more fun when it really played around with how ridiculous it could get, although there were a few two parters i really loved (the one about mugen's past in particular was a highlight of the series imo)

Lo
Bandages
« Reply #1753 on: October 27, 2012, 11:23:40 AM »

My biggest problem with the series is that they both lived in the last episode. Their deaths would have been hella good writing what with Mugen's whole christlike sacrifice at the end and the repentance for his past and Jin having to sacrifice his life to finally beat a swordsman greater than himself. They even had Fu set up as the spring metaphor for new life in the fading era of the samurai.

But I guess happy endings have their place..
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: October 27, 2012, 01:01:29 PM »

it wasn't even good as a happy ending because just a few episodes earlier they were all crying about how they never wanted to leave each other or whatever

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
Ego_Shiner
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1755 on: October 27, 2012, 01:08:35 PM »

also it would've been nice if the villains had a bit more buildup behind them. i mean at least jin's rival had some buildup from the start of the finale as a really fuckin good samurai and they gave him a few good scenes, but mugen's was just a trio that came absolutely the fuck out of nowhere and apparently had a past with him despite never having shown up before. i mean, obviously the show shouldnt have been exactly like bebop, but comparing either of those to the buildup behind vicious and it just seems hella anticlimactic.

Lo
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: October 27, 2012, 01:16:26 PM »

cowboy bebop is infinitely better than champloo, it's not even close

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
ANtY
Level 10

i accidentally did that on purpose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1757 on: October 27, 2012, 01:25:12 PM »

My biggest problem with the series is that they both lived in the last episode. Their deaths would have been hella good writing what with Mugen's whole christlike sacrifice at the end and the repentance for his past and Jin having to sacrifice his life to finally beat a swordsman greater than himself. They even had Fu set up as the spring metaphor for new life in the fading era of the samurai.

But I guess happy endings have their place..

yeah, I also hoped for Jin and Mugen (but as you said Jin's death would be more important to the plot) to die at the end, which would be muuuch better ending.

Ego_Shiner
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: October 27, 2012, 01:51:44 PM »

yeah it seems like they avoided that in order to deliberately distance it from bebop but it kind of hurt the finished product : P

Lo
ink.inc
« Reply #1759 on: October 28, 2012, 11:02:38 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 259
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic