Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411632 Posts in 69393 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 13, 2024, 07:37:49 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingPolitico, My 2D Sim-City like city building game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Politico, My 2D Sim-City like city building game  (Read 1627 times)
sodafountan
Level 0

View Profile
« on: February 06, 2013, 08:25:31 PM »

Hello everyone, just thought I'd ask for some feedback/questions from people on TIG source about my upcoming game Politico.

Here's a video

Please tell me what you think, thanks guys!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 08:31:07 PM by sodafountan » Logged
sodafountan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 09:50:33 PM »

Bump, I could really use some feedback guys  Smiley
nikki
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 10:30:06 AM »

My biggest feedback is :

I WANT TO TRY IT. GIMME A DOWNLOAD , I DON'T CARE FOR BUGS/ CRASHES / STUFF THAT's NOT DONE.
I WANT IT!!

and I like the subversive idea's you put into it (cigarettes, cars, politic, pollution)
I like the logo and I like the first youtube video especially.
I like the tilebased roguelike graphics with little high overlapping buidings.

I think i don't like how you did the particles, it should be more limited i think.
And i think you are not doing yourself a favor by making this game sort of sound like tropico. It's quite obvious that you're name-searching quest started at tropico and didn't eally get far;)

but please let me try it  Wink
pluckyporcupine
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 12:06:39 PM »

I WANT TO TRY IT. GIMME A DOWNLOAD , I DON'T CARE FOR BUGS/ CRASHES / STUFF THAT's NOT DONE.
I WANT IT!!
This.

I'd love to give it a shot. The Politico Times adds charm in a way rarely seen in games, much less strategy games.

The graphics as a whole kind of make it seem a bit lighter-hearted while there seem to be some heavier tones underneath.

Liosan
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 12:25:15 PM »

Awesomeness. I can't tell from the vid if I like the graphics, though; I'm not sure if they are legible enough.

Liosan

sodafountan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2013, 04:37:26 AM »

My biggest feedback is :

I WANT IT!!

and I like the subversive idea's you put into it (cigarettes, cars, politic, pollution)
I like the logo and I like the first youtube video especially.
I like the tilebased roguelike graphics with little high overlapping buidings.

I think i don't like how you did the particles, it should be more limited i think.
And i think you are not doing yourself a favor by making this game sort of sound like tropico. It's quite obvious that you're name-searching quest started at tropico and didn't eally get far;)

but please let me try it  Wink

Wow, Great feedback! Thank you.

I'm working hard to get a playable build ready, i'll be sure to let you know when I have something ready.

As far as the name goes a "Politico" is just jargon for a politician believe it or not, so I think the name fits well.

I agree with you about the particles, i'll work on scaling them down slightly.
sodafountan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2013, 04:39:21 AM »

Awesomeness. I can't tell from the vid if I like the graphics, though; I'm not sure if they are legible enough.

Liosan

Try viewing it in full screen HD if you can, it looks much better in the resolution. (It also represents how the game really looks much more accurately)
sodafountan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2013, 04:39:55 AM »

I WANT IT!!
This.

I'd love to give it a shot. The Politico Times adds charm in a way rarely seen in games, much less strategy games.

The graphics as a whole kind of make it seem a bit lighter-hearted while there seem to be some heavier tones underneath.

Thank you very much! I appreciate it.
Ant
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2013, 04:46:23 AM »

I really liked the old Sim City games but there's something about the graphics here that doesn't really grab me. It's pretty difficult to see what's going on at times as well, adding zoom features would probably help with that which would also give you more flexibility on map sizes.
sodafountan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2013, 08:04:22 PM »

I really liked the old Sim City games but there's something about the graphics here that doesn't really grab me. It's pretty difficult to see what's going on at times as well, adding zoom features would probably help with that which would also give you more flexibility on map sizes.

Thanks for the feedback! As I mentioned it looks a whole lot better in 720p in full screen. I'll probably end up adding a zoom feature in though because I believe you're right.
Liosan
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2013, 01:03:18 AM »

Thanks for the feedback! As I mentioned it looks a whole lot better in 720p in full screen.
Nah, I still need to see it live to make up my mind. The HD video is still jagged and jittery and lossy for me, I can't make out what individual pixels are.

Liosan

sodafountan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2013, 09:35:19 PM »

Thanks for the feedback! As I mentioned it looks a whole lot better in 720p in full screen.
Nah, I still need to see it live to make up my mind. The HD video is still jagged and jittery and lossy for me, I can't make out what individual pixels are.

Liosan

I think what i'll do is just add a zoom feature as a previous poster mentioned and then upload a new video with the game zoomed in. I'll post back here when it's done.
sodafountan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2013, 12:08:55 AM »

Newest gameplay video added!

pluckyporcupine
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2013, 05:02:41 PM »

Any news for this?

sodafountan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2013, 03:02:34 PM »

Any news for this?

Check out the newest game play video, I'm still hard at work!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic