Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411632 Posts in 69393 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 13, 2024, 03:03:32 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytesting3D NES MUSIC BOX
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: 3D NES MUSIC BOX  (Read 862 times)
asa
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: April 07, 2013, 06:59:46 AM »

I used my weekend to create this little virtual toy where you can interact with Nintendo Entertainment system... Use arrows to turn the scene and mouse to drag things. You can change the games and the music changes accordingly. Can someone guess the right games?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14109231/NESMUSICBOX.html

FrankForce
Level 2

This tepid water is tasteless.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 07:11:16 AM »

Visually it looks pretty rad! At first I thought it was just drawn from that perspective but then I rotated it and I was like wow this is awesome. Gameplay wise there isn't much here.  Also I found it very difficult to move new cartridges into the NES. The way you move the cartridge in 3D space needs to be a little smarter and realize that the player is trying to put the cartridge in the system. I hope you work on it more and find a way to add some real gameplay!
Eigen
Level 10

Brobdingnagian ding dong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 07:17:40 AM »

Neat little demo you got there. Pretty nice for a weekend hackatron. I agree with FrankForce, actually moving the cartridges was a pain.

Quicksand-S
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2013, 08:54:10 AM »

When I tried it, the game seemed to be attempting to help me put the cartridge in...but doing it at the wrong height. Whenever I tried to pull the cartridge lower, it would pop back up and slide forward as if it was being inserted into the console, but it was always too high. I never did manage to get a cartridge in.

Also, opening the "lid" didn't always work for me.

I do like the visuals and the idea.

My Old Game: We Want YOU - Join the Fight for Freedom

Twitter - Mostly comments on games, old and new.
Noyb
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2013, 01:36:19 AM »

Nice modeling work! I like how the reset button on the in-game NES resets the game itself.

Quicksand-S
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2013, 01:34:01 PM »

I just spotted this on another site and thought I'd try it again. I don't know if it's my imagination, but it seemed to handle better than before. I didn't have much trouble getting all the cartridges to play.

The greatest part, though, which made this go from "kinda cool" to "awesome" (or maybe I should say "radical") was deciding to change the channel on the TV. Love it. Thanks for bringing back good childhood memories.

My Old Game: We Want YOU - Join the Fight for Freedom

Twitter - Mostly comments on games, old and new.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic